“One of the best Experiences of my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Poker Chip Charter

Poker Chip Charter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tenerife boat trips and charters from Puerto Colon, Costa Adeje, Tenerife. Enjoy a comfortable sea life safari on Poker Chip, our 24' offshore rib. Go crowd-free, get closer to the water and so closer to the action... Connect with nature during our peaceful encounters. 2 and 3 hour trips and skippered charters.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Essex
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“One of the best Experiences of my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Neil's boat Poker Chip was having work done on his boat but DO NOT KNOCK HIM!, I contacted Neil while over in Tenerife making sure everything was alright, he mentioned to me his boat was having work done but his friend's boat, was available and would be taking us out, now Neil picked us up at our Residential Complex, took us to the Pontoon where we were going to meet the other boat, and left us with our Captain, we had the best experience out at sea, we saw so many dolphins and Whales it was unreal, I also got a YES from my now Fiancé, When we got off the Boat Neil took us to as close as we could to the apartment and found us a taxi, [Thanks Neil]
Ive said to Neil, that when he gets his boat back we are going out with him :)

Neil

Visited February 2014
NeilGoodchild, Owner at Poker Chip Charter, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Hi Neil. Thanks for the review. Glad you got so much out of the trip, especially the all important 'yes' of course. See you next time then...

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing trip & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Contacted Neil directly from the UK before we went out to Tenerife as I was coming out with 8 girlfriends for my 40th Birthday and wanted something a bit special on the day!
Unfortunately his boat was having maintenance done but he arranged another boat with his colleague and it was FANTASTIC.
Saw whales, dolphins and a turtle made my birthday so special can not thank the skipper Enrique and Neil for doing all the arrangements enough. I will never, ever forget it especially the couple of girls which were worse for wear Karla & Karen poor soles (but was hilarious)
It was all about me though and I loved it would recommend to anyone trustworthy and highly professional company 3 cheers for poker chip charter!!!!

Visited January 2014
Hi Angelina. Glad you all enjoyed yourselves. Don't forget us next tine you're here. We should be back in the water ourselves by then as we're making progress... Thanks for the review!
Inverness, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“If only everyone gave you this kind of service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I contacted Neil directly to book this trip and although he couldn't take us personally as his boat was docked for maintenance, he booked us on an amazing yacht with a friend of his. He then kept in touch with us up until the trip making sure we were all set and even collected us from the hotel to take us to the pontoon. He organised a free transfer back to the hotel and got intouch the next day to ask us if everything had been ok. This was way above and beyond kindness and generosity and I would definitely urge all of you to book through Neil if you want a boat trip. He is truly a gentleman above the rest. As for the trip itself....WOW! We saw Pilot Whales, firstly a pod of adult males then a couple of mother's with their calves. They played alongside the boat for ages and we were literally only a couple of meters from them. We then dropped anchor at Turtle Bay where we had an opportunity to swim alongside the turtles, and although the day was just a little too cloudy to entice us into the water, it was a joy to sit on the boat with fresh sandwiches and cold beer (provided by skipper) and watch them as they swam under yhe boat and popped their heads out of the water. On the way back each of us (4 ladies) had the chance to drive the yacht and learned a little more about the Islands, the surrounding seas and the culture and history of the Canaries from the very knowledgeable and friendly skipper. I will definitely be doing it again if I am ever going back to Tenerife and give it a big fat ten out of ten!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank MrsDebbieMcD
Hi Debbie. Thanks for taking the time - glad all was good for you. I hope we're able to take you ourselves by the time you're next back on the island... Best regards, Neil.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best boat trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have been on this trip 4 years running and still consider it the best boat trip offered for this area. Thanks to the new Skip this year, Tony, who went overboard (!!) to look after me with 2 broken toes and Neil who tried very hard to sort out the best time for us to go. It was great to be out speeding along on the boat, guaranteed dolphins and whales and a swim with the turtles in the bay. On the way back we wanted to leave a pile of stones on the beach of wishes (information courtesy of Tony) wishing to do it all again next year. We had an amazing time

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lynda B
NeilGoodchild, Owner at Poker Chip Charter, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Hi Lynda B. Thanks for your continued business and ongoing support. You know I see and appreciate your engagement on our Facebook Page (this helps our Google rankings), and now you've written a TripAdvisor review too... All very much appreciated and I'll make sure your next trip out with us is extra special! All the best, Neil.
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“I would certainly recommend!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I came across Poker Chip Charter on Trip Advisor before flying out to Tenerife. I was swayed by all the positive reviews as well as the fact that for not that much more money it was a smaller boat and more intimate trip than other charters.

After travelling a few miles out to sea we came across Pilot whales- an amazing experience! They swam around our boat, it was great to be so close to them. We then went over to El Puertito to have lunch and snorkel with the Turtles. It took a while for any to appear but we finally spotted one as we were leaving the bay (we jumped straight back into the sea with our snorkels to get a closer look! Something you wouldn't be able to do if you were in a bigger boat).

We paid for a 3 hour trip and we were out at sea for about half hour longer. After the seeing the Turtles we went back to the marina along the coast line. I would have preferred to have gone back out to sea in search of Dolphins, however we had a great time and I couldn't fault it.

This is certainly the trip to go on if you would rather be on a more private, relaxed and crowd free boat. I would recommend this to everyone!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank HS898
Hi hannah898. A big thank you for taking the trouble to write a review for us. Glad you enjoyed the pilot whales - it's always that bit more special an experience when they approach and stay near the boat for a while.

We are not always able to go over the designated time but when we can we often do!

We'll have to make more of an effort to find dolphins for you next time you're on the island... Regards, Neil.