“Words are unable to describe this trip"”
Review of Poker Chip Charter

Poker Chip Charter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tenerife boat trips and charters from Puerto Colon, Costa Adeje, Tenerife. Enjoy a comfortable sea life safari on an offshore rib or yacht. Go crowd-free, get closer to the water and so closer to the action... Connect with nature during peaceful encounters, when possible away from other boats. 2 and 3 hour shared and private charters.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed May 11, 2013

i titled the review this as its an honest opinion, in fact the trip was that good we booked again 2 days later!!!!
Communication was absolutely faultless, we booked the first trip from the UK through Neil and as well as sorting all that out he actually answered a lot of other questions we had about the island too! how good is that??
As promised he met us at the boat and introduced the captain to us. made us feel at ease immediately as my wife was slightly nervous about being on a smaller boat in the sea but afterwards she loved it more than the bigger boats.
The boat itself is absolutely ideal, it holds 6 adults comfortably but i think it could handle 8 without too much problem. its clean, comfortable, and a very well maintained boat, (trust me on this as i am in the royal navy)
The refreshments on the boat are fresh from the shop bought just before you leave, and kept stowed away on the boat out of the sunlight, the food we had was cheese and ham baguettes and crisps. The drinks are kept in an ice box and there are many choices of soft drinks as well as the beer (San Miguel) and a Cava too, so plenty to please all ages.
The trip was brilliant we went to find dolphins first, then on to spot the whales and from there a trip to turtle cove, where you can swim in the sea with the turtles. But as none of the people on our trip wanted to swim we sat and ate the baguettes then the captain suggested trying to look for the elusive dolphins again to which all of our group agreed, and so glad that we did because it was then that we actually had a dolphin swim right under the boat. Amazing!!

I've rambled on for ages now and could quite happily carry on...but i won't.... i hope this review encourages many people to book it,

Neil, A truly fantastic experience from beginning to end. see you again next year i hope. all the best
Rob and Edith.

NeilGoodchild, Owner at Poker Chip Charter, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Hi Rob and Edith. Thanks for the positive comments (and of course for coming out twice
with us while you were here).

Good to hear we converted you to smaller boats Edith. I think most people not used to small boats are surprised how stable Poker Chip is, and are quickly at ease once they're on board.

I keep the number of passengers on shared charters to 6 or 7 adults so that space isn't an issue and so that our customers can just concentrate on relaxing and having a good time. The first group of 11 we had on a private charter re-booked again for the week they were on the island, but I'm always happier with private charters of up to 8 or 9 people.

We like to be different from the competition and would rather pay twice the price and have name brand drinks such as Dorada or Reina (excellent Canarian lagers) or San Miguel, Heineken, Carlsberg etc. Why should you drink something I wouldn't buy for myself..? You mentioned the cava - we usually have a bottle of two on board although it's not something we publicise - it's meant to be a surprise...

As you both booked so far in advance, and because we'd exchanged a few emails, I was even happier than usual that you had good trips and got to see plenty of wildlife. Thanks again and all the best to you both.

All reviews
in 42 reviews
"passengers"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Saw loads of pilot whales, the captain was good a little crabbit but hey. There was 6 on board which made it really special. I would deffo 100 per cent recommend this trip. PS the rolls are amazing. Neil was easy to speak to and got back to you with minutes of email being sent.

Hi Daniel E. Glad you enjoyed your trip with us. I'll tell Jorge you thought he was crabby and I'll put a stop to it... Seriously, he is a character and gets his fair share of positive comments so I won't be too hard on him!

There are usually 6 adults on our shared charters but there are occasionally 7 so I don't have to say no to a group of three... (It's a 12 seater that's why there's plenty of room.)

I'm glad you mentioned the rolls... The bread is always baked just before the departure time and we pay extra to have them made with butter and double ham and cheese - it's nice to hear it's worth it. Take a private charter next time you're here and order the full buffet!

I think it's important to respond to customers' emails as quickly as possible, but admit you were probably just lucky if I got to you 'within minutes'...

I very much appreciate your taking the time to do the review for us Daniel and I hope we see you again. Keep in touch.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had a fantastic afternoon our captain was great company and a wonderful host. We saw Pilot whales and turtles but unfortunately the Dolphins were a bit shy that day. We have previously done similar trips on bigger boats and can honestly say there is no comparison. This trip was very personal only 5 people in all on the boat and we where eye level with the whales amazing! There was plenty of refreshments on board, Beer, water, Pepsi, crisps, lovely rolls and I particularly liked the Cava :0)). My 5 year old was so excited being able to drive the boat all by himself just like a real captain :0) Upon our arrival to the UK Neil emailed a Poker Chip boat driver certificate for my son he was made up. Communication with Neil was second to none from start to finish. We first contacted him from the UK before our holidays after reading such good reviews on trip advisor and found him to be very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. We will all definitely book again when we next visit Tenerife. Thank you Debbie, Dan and Jamie

NeilGoodchild, Owner at Poker Chip Charter, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Hi Debbie and family. What a surprise to suddenly see your terrific review come in. Thanks for your vote of confidence all of you, and especially for posting the photos. I'm sorry we couldn't find dolphins for you - we'll have to try harder still next time. I was very happy to see the 'certificate' went down so well...! I think it's all about keeping the kids happy, so I particularly appreciate that bit of feedback. Drop me a line next time you're coming over. Regards, Neil.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Good day out and saw many dolphins. I recommend it if you want a nice experience away from the big boats full of tourists! Very nice and funny Spanish skipper.

HI Dyveonttsv

Many thanks for taking the time. I'll pass on your comments to Jorge... Hope we see you next time you're on the rock!

Cheers