“Great adventure - Great Fun”
Review of Poker Chip Charter

Poker Chip Charter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tenerife boat trips and charters from Puerto Colon, Costa Adeje, Tenerife. Enjoy a comfortable sea life safari on Poker Chip, our 24' offshore rib. Go crowd-free, get closer to the water and so closer to the action... Connect with nature during our peaceful encounters. 2 and 3 hour trips and skippered charters.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Liverpool
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great adventure - Great Fun”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Decided to opt for a "private" charter for the four of us. A good decision as it gave us plenty of space to move around and stretch out on the boat. Really excellent afternoon, full 3 hours on the sea, with sandwiches and drinks included. Whilst some of the marine wildlife proved elusive at first, we did get to see Dolphins and over a dozen baby pilot whales - all down to the skill and knowledge of our captain, who took us to the quieter areas, away from the larger more crowded, and noisier boats. The ability to switch off the engine, and just watch the whales was fantastic. We opted not to go snorkeling, as we were as mesmerised by the whales, as they were with us, coming very close to the sides of the boat! Overall a not to be missed trip, all professionally overseen by Neil.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank quaverflavour21
NeilGoodchild, Owner at Poker Chip Charter, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Hi quaverflavour21
So glad you all enjoyed yourselves so much. It's great when the whales and/or dolphins come over to the boat as it makes the trip that much more special. Thanks for the review - I think you summed up a few benefits perfectly... All the best, Neil.

Newtownabbey, N. Ireland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“An unforgettable boat trip”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I surprised my partner on 1st December 2012 with a trip out on Neil's boat. For a few weeks previously we had been corresponding to plan a lovely trip for us where I'd end up proposing to my girlfriend. She loves dolphins and as she had never seen them in the wild I thought this would be perfect. Throughout our emails Neil was prompt in responding and very accomodating. I was confident that we'd have a fantastic trip.

On the actual day, Neil's captain was ill so he took us out himself. Although we couldnt get any dolphins to come close to the boat, my girlfriend was still happy watching them from a small distance. We then went up the coast and tried snorkling for the first time in a small harbour.

Once back on board I proposed to my girlfriend and after she said yes, Neil brought out a bottle of bubbly and some ham and cheese rolls.

I don't think either myself or my fiancee will forget the day and I just want to thank Neil for making it as close to perfect as possible. We just wish we'd booked a longer trip!

You won't meet a nicer guy folks!

Sorry Neil for the delay in typing this. We both want to wish you all the best for the future :)

Visited December 2012
NeilGoodchild, Owner at Poker Chip Charter, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Hi on_a_stick

Thanks for the review - very much appreciated!

I'm glad you both enjoyed yourselves and of course was especially happy that things turned out as planned for you!

Wishing you both the best for the future too...

Thanks again, Neil.
Southampton, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“What an amazing day!!!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We had an amazing day with Poker Chip Charter. Our skipper was very knowledgeable and we saw dolphins (with babies) , pilot whales and sea turtles.

The dolphins came up close to us and the whales swam either side of the boat playing hide & seek as we had stopped and turned the engine off - amazing. In the cove we were offered snorkeling equipment and the turtles came right by our side....absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately the trip had to end but we will be back... a fantastic day that you could never get fed up with doing again and again. Thank you.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Veronica R
NeilGoodchild, Owner at Poker Chip Charter, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Hi Veronica R. Thanks for such a positive review - I'm glad you all saw the 'big three' and even more so that they all came up close to the boat. Obviously we can't always guarantee this will be the case as often the animals have other ideas regarding whether to approach the boat or not, especially when there are baby whales and/or dolphins around.
I hope we can be of service to you again next time you're over. Regards, Neil.
Gretna Green, null, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Absolutely Superb!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Having looked around at all the different charters I decided to go for Poker Chip. I was not disappointed. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children (girls aged 6 and 7) and have never been on a boat trip together before. My girls were very exited at the prospect of seeing Dolphins and Whales and we did indeed see them along with Green Turtles! The whole trip from start to finish was a pleasure. The communication from Neil was great including the Boat Captain Certificate for the girls for driving the boat. Biggest thanks go to Jorge the captain of our trip who made the whole thing special. He took us to exactly where the Dolphins and Whales were and we were getting some great close up action with them. The kids loved it when a Dolphin came right along side the boat! The food on board was ham and cheese baguettes which were fresh and there was plenty of choice for drinks. I would definitely book again.

Visited December 2012
NeilGoodchild, Owner at Poker Chip Charter, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hi Bryan T. It's great to hear you all enjoyed yourselves so much (especially the girls of course - I hope they liked their boat driver certificates too!).
I'm glad you chose for your first family boat trip. I have passed your comments on to Jorge and he says hello. He's such a character and that makes my job so much easier of course...
A big thanks for writing the review.
Cheers, Neil.
Newcastle
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent level of service rarely seen these days!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had a lovely trip out even though it was perhaps the windiest day of our holiday! We booked this trip many weeks in advance after finding them through tripadvisor. I have to say that I am very glad I did as you are unlikely to come across them through the many many ticket sellers that stop you every few metres!

I don't like big crowds and chose this company based on their promise of small numbers and more freedom to snorkel with the turtles and adapt the trip depending on where the dolphins and whales are etc. I was not disappointed. Due to the sea being a little rough the dolphins and whales weren't visible right next to our boat as with other reviews but we did have an amazing view of a surfing whale! I couldn't believe it but the pilot whales 'surf' the waves for enjoyment. What an amazing creature! The turtles didn't disappoint either and we spent a lovely time swimming with them in El Peurtito virtually by ourselves (only two scuba divers in the whole port apart from us!). The skipper was fantastic! What a character and his knowledge was admirable.

Neil himself saw us off from Puerto Colon and was there when we returned, checking that we had enjoyed ourselves, where he invited us to stay for a while and relax in the sunshine with a glass of fizz - what a perfect afternoon! Can not recommend them enough and would not hesitate to go on another trip when the sea is calmer :-)

Visited November 2012
NeilGoodchild, Owner at Poker Chip Charter, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hi SirHubert. Thank you. I can't tell you how pleased I was to read that we made such a good impression and of course was even more pleased to hear you both had such a good time, despite the wind meaning perhaps not 100% perfect conditions... Thanks also for your feedback about our skipper Jorge - a character indeed. It's easier to get things right when the team around you is so good.
One way or another the weather has been against us a bit recently and I've cancelled some trips and rescheduled others to work around it. All that said, however, I don't believe a bit of wind necessarily detracts from the experience - it just makes it a different one.
I hope you come back and see us next time you're on the island, and that you give us a go when we have our more usual Tenerife weather...
I'll pass this on to skipper Jorge to read too. Thanks again for this review and for your support. Neil.