“What an amazing day!!!”
Review of Poker Chip Charter

Poker Chip Charter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tenerife boat trips and charters from Puerto Colon, Costa Adeje, Tenerife. Enjoy a comfortable sea life safari on Poker Chip, our 24' offshore rib. Go crowd-free, get closer to the water and so closer to the action... Connect with nature during our peaceful encounters. 2 and 3 hour trips and skippered charters.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Southampton, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“What an amazing day!!!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We had an amazing day with Poker Chip Charter. Our skipper was very knowledgeable and we saw dolphins (with babies) , pilot whales and sea turtles.

The dolphins came up close to us and the whales swam either side of the boat playing hide & seek as we had stopped and turned the engine off - amazing. In the cove we were offered snorkeling equipment and the turtles came right by our side....absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately the trip had to end but we will be back... a fantastic day that you could never get fed up with doing again and again. Thank you.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Veronica R
NeilGoodchild, Owner at Poker Chip Charter, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Hi Veronica R. Thanks for such a positive review - I'm glad you all saw the 'big three' and even more so that they all came up close to the boat. Obviously we can't always guarantee this will be the case as often the animals have other ideas regarding whether to approach the boat or not, especially when there are baby whales and/or dolphins around.
I hope we can be of service to you again next time you're over. Regards, Neil.

Gretna Green, null, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Absolutely Superb!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Having looked around at all the different charters I decided to go for Poker Chip. I was not disappointed. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children (girls aged 6 and 7) and have never been on a boat trip together before. My girls were very exited at the prospect of seeing Dolphins and Whales and we did indeed see them along with Green Turtles! The whole trip from start to finish was a pleasure. The communication from Neil was great including the Boat Captain Certificate for the girls for driving the boat. Biggest thanks go to Jorge the captain of our trip who made the whole thing special. He took us to exactly where the Dolphins and Whales were and we were getting some great close up action with them. The kids loved it when a Dolphin came right along side the boat! The food on board was ham and cheese baguettes which were fresh and there was plenty of choice for drinks. I would definitely book again.

Visited December 2012
NeilGoodchild, Owner at Poker Chip Charter, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hi Bryan T. It's great to hear you all enjoyed yourselves so much (especially the girls of course - I hope they liked their boat driver certificates too!).
I'm glad you chose for your first family boat trip. I have passed your comments on to Jorge and he says hello. He's such a character and that makes my job so much easier of course...
A big thanks for writing the review.
Cheers, Neil.
Newcastle
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent level of service rarely seen these days!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had a lovely trip out even though it was perhaps the windiest day of our holiday! We booked this trip many weeks in advance after finding them through tripadvisor. I have to say that I am very glad I did as you are unlikely to come across them through the many many ticket sellers that stop you every few metres!

I don't like big crowds and chose this company based on their promise of small numbers and more freedom to snorkel with the turtles and adapt the trip depending on where the dolphins and whales are etc. I was not disappointed. Due to the sea being a little rough the dolphins and whales weren't visible right next to our boat as with other reviews but we did have an amazing view of a surfing whale! I couldn't believe it but the pilot whales 'surf' the waves for enjoyment. What an amazing creature! The turtles didn't disappoint either and we spent a lovely time swimming with them in El Peurtito virtually by ourselves (only two scuba divers in the whole port apart from us!). The skipper was fantastic! What a character and his knowledge was admirable.

Neil himself saw us off from Puerto Colon and was there when we returned, checking that we had enjoyed ourselves, where he invited us to stay for a while and relax in the sunshine with a glass of fizz - what a perfect afternoon! Can not recommend them enough and would not hesitate to go on another trip when the sea is calmer :-)

Visited November 2012
NeilGoodchild, Owner at Poker Chip Charter, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hi SirHubert. Thank you. I can't tell you how pleased I was to read that we made such a good impression and of course was even more pleased to hear you both had such a good time, despite the wind meaning perhaps not 100% perfect conditions... Thanks also for your feedback about our skipper Jorge - a character indeed. It's easier to get things right when the team around you is so good.
One way or another the weather has been against us a bit recently and I've cancelled some trips and rescheduled others to work around it. All that said, however, I don't believe a bit of wind necessarily detracts from the experience - it just makes it a different one.
I hope you come back and see us next time you're on the island, and that you give us a go when we have our more usual Tenerife weather...
I'll pass this on to skipper Jorge to read too. Thanks again for this review and for your support. Neil.
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Unforgetable Experience...”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had an amazing charter on Poker Chip. We stopped a distance from some whales and they came up to the boat and swam around us, Fantastic to get so close!! It was my second time on this trip whilst on my holidays in Tenerife But this time i was with my girlfriend who actually suprised herself by getting in the water when we stopped. As it was a private charter it was great to have the open seas to ourselves to take in the wonderful secenery & wildlife this beautiful island has to offer!

Our Skipper - Neil was helpful and informative and made us feel very welcome and above all safe on our trip. He certainly knows his stuff!

Plenty of quality food and drink were on offer during our trip which really was the cherry on top!

many thanks

Dave Mitchell - England

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Matty S
NeilGoodchild, Owner at Poker Chip Charter, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Hi Mr M. Thanks for the terrific review. Glad you had a good time with us again. It was great to that you were with your girlfriend the time and especially that she was able to get over her fear of the water and find the nerve to jump in... Looking forward to seeing you next time you're over. Cheers, Neil.
Nottingham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great Trip on Poker Chip”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We have been to Tenerife many times and made the booking on Poker Chip Via the reviews on trip advisor. Having been on a few boat trips out of Los Gigantes to see the Whales and Dolphins we decided to go for something a bit special.The 25km dive was well worth it..

Booking was easy, Emailed Neil and got a quick friendly reply for the next day 11am trip.
The boat was easy to find with other business folk pointing us in the right direction.

Our family of 4 with 2 kids 10/7 were joined with another lovely family of 4 So we set sail with
the Skipper ( He is very funny) Must have a great knowledge of the area as there are dozens of
trips and we were never with other boats. Had very good close ups with the Dolphins and Whales

Stopped off at a small cove for a bite to eat and a swim with the Turtles. All the kids loved it nearly as much as the adults. And the boat had Snorkels on hand to see the turtles and fish.

Food was good, Nice ham and cheese rolls washed down with Cava and Beer with Coke,Fanta etc for the kids

A great trip WELL worth the money compared to other boat trips we have been on.

Thank you Neil and Skipper.

Visited October 2012
NeilGoodchild, Owner at Poker Chip Charter, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Hi JAGSML

Thanks for the review. You're right it's a long way to come from Los Gigantes - it's great to hear you thought the drive was worth it.

I was also glad you thought our skipper, Jorge, was knowledgable and funny (try spending time with him every day...). Seriously though, I am very happy with his work and he's very qualified and knowledgable as you say. I'll be sure to pass your comments on to him.

We can't always avoid the crowds of other boats but we make a point of doing so when able because I too believe it makes for a better experience. Feel free to post one or two of the close up photos you mention on our FB Page!

Also, next time you're over consider a private charter for the faamily. With twice the space and the boat to yourselves it's a different experience again...

Thanks again for taking the time.

All the best,