“High quality food at a very reasonable price”
Review of El Mago - CLOSED

El Mago
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Small restaurant located upstairs on the first floor in centro comercial Krystal in San Eugenio. You are more then welcome to join us, for a drink or a meal on our terrace, located in front of the sea and the beautiful sunset here in Tenerife. Special request please don't hesitate to ask. (Please give us a day notice.) Reservations recommended. Hope to see YOU soon.
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Amongst the plethora of restaurants in Tenerife, make sure you spend at least one sun-kissed evening at El Mago. My two young daughters were enchanted by the lovely staff (Isobella and the dry-witted waiter) and we all had a great time whilst enjoying our delicious meals.

2  Thank Justzig

Reviewed June 5, 2011

It's not just the beautiful view over the atlantic ocean, it's not just the very friendly staff,
it's not just the food... This restaurant has it all!!! The pealla is awesome (and I've eaten quite some pealla's in my life) the wines are great and the staff is very friendly (and funny)
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who's in for a great evening!!

2  Thank jetze28
Reviewed April 23, 2011

An excellent restaurant - just go there. Spotted this restaurant on trip advisor and realised we were staying quite close (Hotel Santa Maria). To be honest, I probably wouldn't have given it a second look as it's upstairs above other more tacky places beneath it. But trusting the reviews I ventured in , with my wife and 2 children (12 & 10). We had a table with a clear westerly view of the sea and watched the sun go down towards the island of La Gomera. Service from the two waitresses was very friendly. I had the spaghetti salami which was great. My wife had the kebabs , one daughter a goats cheese salad and the other ribs. Everyone really enjoyed their meals. Even the house rose was great - being nicelly chilled and decorked in front of us at the table.
Deserts were equally as good - crepe suzzettes and tiramisu. We spent €57. All in all, this is by far the best restaurant in the area - and believe me there are loads of them trying to win your custom. Thanks to all those who recommended this place on TA.

2  Thank Woodscorner
Reviewed April 12, 2011

My family and I dined here after reading the good reviews and we had high expectations.
We couldn't have been more disappointed with the food.
Several of the party ordered a started of 'Tiger King prawn cocktail'. What we were served was not tiger prawns. They were like tiny frozen cheap value supermarket shrimps!.... Main course was not much better.. two of the group ordered fillet steak. What we were served was tough meat that was more like the cheapest cut of meat that could be found! I ordered my steak medium and it came rare and had to be sent back, my mother ordered hers medium/well done and it came cremated!!
The paella ordered by two members of the family was made with rice that you should not be using to make paella.
We did not eat desserts after the disastrous servings of the previous courses.
The ambience of the restaurant is drab and cheap too. Cheap plastic chairs and tables like a back street cafe.
Cutlery is not laid out for you.. you have to help yourselves from a cheap basket thrown onto the table.
The server also had a bad case of body odour which was very off putting when being served your meal!
All in all, not a good experience, would definitely not recommend.
We were in Tenerife for a week and searched out all of the best restuarants. In a week , we experienced some fine restaurants and this was the only place that seriously disappointed.
Try 'Molino El Blanco' instead, excellent food, service and ambience, we ate there twice. Rosso sul Mar in La Caleta is also excellent.
If you want fine food, ambience and a great night, then avoid El Mago!!

2  Thank keendiner50
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Just had a brillant meal in this restaurant, I had the spareribs and the meat just fell off the bone! The canarian potatoes were lovely aswell and the mojo and alioli are to die for! Will come again!

2  Thank Daniellemeijer