See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2017

We booked to stay here at Yurts Tarifa in September 2016 across my wives 30th birthday and it is a really beautiful, well appointed site and the yurts themselves are very clean and spacious. The whole site is very well looked after and Saira and Denny have done an amazing amount of work to make this place stunning. The beds are comfy, the shower areas are spotlessly clean and lovely to use and the kitchen area is really incredible, with use of a cooker, gas barbeque, plenty of glasses, cutlery, crockery, utensils, pots and pans etc..
We had our toddler with us and she loved playing on the trampoline and ‘fishing boat’ in the small play area, and she loved meeting all the animals – Noche the cat, Bob the dog, Pedro the donkey. And then she also named several of the animals we met whilst around the area too – ‘Monday’ the white horse in the field with Pedro, ‘Acorn’ the friendly old retriever who walked us halfway into town along the dust track, plus other assorted ‘Turmeric’ the cow, ‘Billy’ the goat, ‘Leaf’ the frog etc. It was very kind of Saira, and her children Leon and Layla to show us their chickens and guinea pigs etc...
Saira also arranged the kindest act by baking us a birthday cake, and due to allergies, intolerances and the after affects of cancer treatment she managed to bake us an amazing birthday cake which I very much appreciated and my wife enjoyed (along with myself and our daughter) free from gluten, dairy and soy. Worth every penny and so accommodating to our requirements, she really made an effort to help us and it was a wonderful cake – and very well enjoyed too! It was evident that nothing was too much trouble.
We met some interesting and lovely people staying in the other yurts, and the relaxed atmosphere extended into the town of Tarifa – a nice collection of old town and modern amenities. Plenty of places to eat including Saira and Denny’s very own tiny vege restaurant. We also ate at the Eco Cafe during the day and both were reasonably priced and good value. A small beach by the port was okay, and travelling slightly further afield with transport was advantageous as the beaches close by was large and beautiful – and very windy – take a wind break, or wind surf!
We would definitely recommend staying here for a nice relaxing break

Date of stay: September 2016
2  Thank GingerAshUK
Reviewed October 11, 2016

I was a bit apprehensive when we booked as we are not really campers and I was unsure about sharing a bathroom. We booked because the place looked interesting as did the eco ethos and it was really good value.

The site is beautiful and each yurt has its own area to sit in which I really liked. The yurts are large, really comfortable and very well serviced. They have an electric supply and electric lighting. The large double bed was clean and really comfortable in fact the yurt was amazing. I had wondered if it would be really hot inside but it was really well ventilated particularly with the Tarifa winds.

There is an element of sharing. The two bathrooms are shared with the three yurts and the kitchen dinning area is also shared. We were fortunate that the couples we shared with were considerate and friendly. I will start with the kitchen: It was large, clean and really well stocked with everything you need. It is joined to a beautiful seating / dinning area and comes with a dedicated black cat and sometimes Bob the dog.

The bathrooms are also clean and well serviced with plenty of hot water. I would have preferred that there was a bathroom per yurt but it didn’t spoil the stay for me to share.

Saira and Denny were charming hosts and have done a fantastic job in providing a high quality site whilst maintaining their dedication to looking after the environment. I happily joined in with recycling and saving water and energy without feeling pressured into doing so.

The site is down a fairly long unmade road and is a couple of kilometers out of Tarifa. This was no issue to me, in fact it was a positive but might be an issue if you have no transport or want to be right in the town.

All in all we had a fantastic stay which included a superb takeaway from Saira’s restaurant, and we will return in the future.

Room tip: There are 3 Yurts which I believe are all pretty similar
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank wilson032
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Thanks to Saira and Denny for a wonderful couple of days! I recommend this place to anyone that wants a relaxing break away from the Spanish hype! Yet only 10 mins drive from central Tarifa. The Yurt was perfect. Comfortable and tastefully furnished and cool at night. Kitchen and bathroom put my own to shame! Loved all the resident animals too. Your finishing touch of fairy lights everywhere made it a really magical experience! Glamping is truly the way forward!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank CarolineJH1966
Reviewed July 19, 2016

Loved this spot. The yurts were very large and well appointed. There is a kitchen on site with a refrigerator and stove and storage space for food as well as utensils and dinnerware. Next to the kitchen hut is a covered patio for eating and just relaxing after a day of exploring. There are two shared bathrooms that are large with walk in showers that are hot and inviting after a long day.
If you are adventurous and looking for something out of the ordinary this is for you. If you are looking for luxury you probably want to look someplace else. It is beautiful and comfortable, and relaxing.

Date of stay: July 2016
2  Thank Joel G
Reviewed July 13, 2016

My husband, daughter and I stayed at the yurts for 4 nights recently. These are in the most beautiful setting with great gardens and furnishings in the yurts themselves. Would highly recommend if you are looking for a relaxing break with a rural feel yet only 5 minute drive from town.

Date of stay: July 2016