“Lovely hotel in the heart of Tarifa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Posada La Sacristia

Posada La Sacristia
Ranked #9 of 32 Tarifa B&B and Inns
UK
“Lovely hotel in the heart of Tarifa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have just had a fantastic stay at this hotel in the heart of Tarifa. Despite it being November, we had great weather and were able to sunbath on the beach and go for a (rather chilly!) swim. The hotel is small and charming on a small side street in central Tarifa. What really makes the place special is ALL of the staff, who are helpful beyond bounds. My girlfriend arrived with tonsillitis, the help we received was superb from finding weekend pharmacies, lots of hot milk & honey (& whiskey), meal brought to our room etc. Thank you to you all. Special thanks to Sarafin - we'll catch up with you again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LaSacristia, Owner at Posada La Sacristia, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Mr and Mrs. Spicer,

Thank you for the glowing review of your time spent at La Posada..

It is wonderful to hear that our staff helped deliver such a memorable stay!

I would like to say that you were a lovely couple that we enjoyed to look after a lot. I was such a pleasure.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Posada La Sacristia.

Warm Regards

Serafín Sánchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Anchorage
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had a room on the top floor, which appeared to be converted attic space.The door into the room was less than 66" high; to get in we had to go up a step and then crouch down to walk through a window-like door. The door to the bathroom from the bedroom was also less than 66" high and was down a step. The room was decorated nicely, but that did not disguise the fact that we were in a very cramped space. The internet did not work on our floor. The reception area is basically part of the bar and we had to flag down a waiter to have somebody check us in. The staff seemed quite put out about having to abandon their bar duties to check in hotel guests. We had to leave a day early due to a family medical issue. The staff told us we would have to pay for the entire rest of our stay because the booking company (booking.com) would charge them. We called booking.com and were told this wasn't the case. After several expensive conversations with booking.com, the hotel grudgingly allowed us to cancel if we paid 50% of our last night's stay. Cannot recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the top floor unless you are under 5'2" because the doors to the rooms and b...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
LaSacristia, Owner at Posada La Sacristia, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear customer,

It saddens me considerably to read a review such as yours, as this is not indicative of our usual service standards.

Our hotel enjoys an excellent reputation founded on a high level product delivered with exceptional customer service, so it was concerning to hear that on this occasion we failed to deliver the service for which we are renowned for.

I still maintain that we have some of the best staff at Posada La Sacristia, and do believe that this was an isolated incident.

We have since addressed this issue with the department and staff member concerned, and hope that an incident of this nature does not occur again.

I would like to remind you that most of our reviews are 5 over 5 because of the hotels customer service and staff.

However, and once I talked to the staff involved, I would like to mention that you left the hotel because you didn´t find anything of your intered in the town of Tarifa insted of family reasons you wrote in this site. That´s why the staff acted following our cancelation policy charging 50% instead of 100% according to it. Under other circunstacies I am sure the staff would have acted accordingly.

Also, I would like to mention that, once you make a reservation with booking.com, the rooms size is detailed in the site, so it shouldn´t be any surprise to our customers.

I do apologize for the following comment but customers should choose the hotel according to their expectations otherwise they will be always a bad feedback or review completly unfair and subjetive.

I thank you for taking the time to discuss your experience with me in length, as It is only through the voice of our guests that we are able to improve our product and/or our service culture.

Escondido, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We just got back from a two-week trip to Spain, and this hotel/inn was by far our favorite of all the places we lodged at, and we didn't stay at any dumps. The room is wonderful and peaceful. The decor and ambience of the room made our stay perfect. It isn't right on the street, which is nice because there is less noise. It's in very close walking distance to the port, which is where the ferries leave for tangier. it was perfect! The staff was very friendly and helpful and accomodating. The in-house restaurant is pricey, and had we looked at the menu first we may have missed out! The food was DELICIOUS!!!! Seriously worth every penny. The zucchini and cream soup was so, so good. My husband got the white fish and I got vegetables. SO SO good. Honestly, the ONLY thing that I can imagine being even slightly annoying is that there is no elevator for bringing suitcases up to your room. We didn't care, but I imagine some might. We were even at the very top, two stories up and carried our stuff up. No big deal. WORTH. IT.

Room Tip: Ask for the top corner room facing the street. It was heaven-sent!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LaSacristia, Owner at Posada La Sacristia, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Mrs. Brooke,

Thank you for taking the time to post your reviews and I certainly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our restaurant and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn about it.

On behalf of the entire team at Posada La Sacristia Tarifa, we are so pleased that you were able to experience our hotel and enjoy the service.

We look foward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future.

Russia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

The only positive things are location in Old Town and nice old building. Not enough for the price they ask. Rooms are really tiny. Some countries have more spacious prison cells. Breakfast is average. Wifi is very problematic.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LaSacristia, Owner at Posada La Sacristia, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments with regard your recent stay with us.
We appreciate your noted the beauty of the building where the hotel is alocated, a XVIIth century palace in the midst of Tarifa, a very well known hotel and highly renowned in lots of Hip hotels guides (Hip Hotels by Herbert Ypma, Great Scapes Special Edition by Taschen, Mr & Mrs. Smith, etc...).
It' s a pity you didn't appreciate the simplicity of the rooms and their beauty, but just their dimensions and size, where you felt like a prisioner instead of a client and "real" guest. I belive the Hotels in Russia (scandalously expensive most of them) haven't got rooms as that once of Catherine The Great, but it sounds like all kind of hotels should have them. It is necesary to change the mentality on the process of traveling and choosing the right hotel according to our expectations, is a must.
We thank you once again for sharing your valued opinion with us and look foward to welcoming you again in the future.
Yours sincerely,

Fernie, BC, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were in Tarifa for a wedding and I wish we had more time in our room it was so beautiful. The hotel is very central in the old town which can be a little noisy but I loved waking up to the sounds of the bells from the church down the street. The breakfast was exactly what we needed and the coffee was the best I had in Tarifa. The staff went out of their way to help us. I had asked for a bottle of wine to be placed in our room upon arrival as it was our wedding anniversary and they made sure it was looked after. The bed was comfortable, the way that the two balconies provided a cross breeze and the helpful staff really made our stay. If we are every back in Tarifa we will definitely go back.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and had two balconies which provided a beautiful cross breeze to cool do...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fernie,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I certainly appreciate your doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular found the staff very professional and efficient. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look foward to welcoming you back to Posada La Sacristia in Tarifa in the future.

Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Great location, which makes it unfortunately a bit noisy with all the animation in the surrounding streets. The hotel is full of charm, and the town is real fun. The staff at the sacristia was helpful, only problem was shower water not always hot. Still, great overall experience, I recommand this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LaSacristia, Owner at Posada La Sacristia, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear client,

many thanks for your review and feedback. We are very pleased you had a good time with us and enjoyed your stay at La Posada.
We had some problems with the heater at that time that were sorted out as soon as we could. We do apologize because of that.
I appreciate the time you took to write your review and hope to see you very soon.
All the best.

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at the Sacristia in early July and the staff went out of their way to accommodate us. We were there under some special circumstances and they did everything to make our stay comfortable. One night I mentioned to the receptionist that I hadn't slept well because I could hear another guest talking really loudly and she actually spoke to the woman about it. I couldn't believe it, I was almost embarased but to be fair, the woman was above normal loud. The breakfast was fresh and delicious, they rooms were perfect and the hotel was very clean. The location was great because we could walk out in Tarifa to anything and easily hoped in the car for longer trips. I wouldn't bother looking for another hotel, this is it.

Room Tip: They have a great guy who can come and give a variety of massages should you need one.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear client,

We consider our clients the most important thing in our hotel and try to make them happy. That´s our commitment and responsability, also our enjoyment.
Many thanks again.