“Great team on and off the water!”
Review of High Flyers Tarifa

High Flyers Tarifa
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the original Tarifa kiteschool offering UNLIMITED HOURS KITESURFING so as long as you have the energy, you'll be with us, practicing at the beach. For this reason learning with us really DOES give you a much better chance of getting on the board than if you were with other schools only offering 3 hour classes. We want to give you the best chance of learning this amazing sport, for the absolute BEST PRICE! We offer accommodation, transport and lessons.
Reviewed May 10, 2016 via mobile

Can thoroughly recommend Highflyers both on and off the sea. Kev and Rich are absolutely terrific - with no egos in evidence, their main aim is to give you a safe kiting experience whilst maximising the time on the water. They regularly worked until the sun had gone down (past 9pm at this time of year) to give us the most from our days. This was complemented beautifully by the non-kitesurfing team of Guy and Mirna who ensured our stay was just as enjoyable off the water, going out of their way to show us the delights of Tarifa. The Yoga with Helena was an added bonus and very welcome - the combination with kiting is perfect. Will definitely be coming back .....

All reviews
"instructor"
in 10 reviews
"hundreds"

Reviewed September 24, 2015

Learned kiting in this amazing place :) started from almost zero to be able ride upwind within two weeks, even did small jumps on my last day :-) Kevin and Richard are great teachers with lot's of handy tips to improve fast your kite level. The kite guest house has a laid-back atmosphere, a terras with stunning views and not forget yumie homemade cake by Lisa. Love this place, will definitely come back :)

1  Thank Tim D
Reviewed September 22, 2015

I have been with Kevin a number of times since 2007. I have been in Tarifa with other companies and definitely is not the same. Kevin and his team are responsible, professional, educated and always willing to give you the best experience!

I am from Barcelona, so they were useful to me when I wanted to learn English. Lisa and Kevin are amazing teachers!

I would recommend them to anyone willing to learn Kitesurf, have a relaxing time and enjoy the Spanish sun with delicious food from Tarifa :)

Jordi

Reviewed August 23, 2015

My friend recommended me High Flyers as one of the best. Now it's my turn to recommend it to everybody! Kevin and Rich are masters, very patient and professionals with students and know to support them. in difficult moments of doubt .. They know also to adapt to the level and the needs of the students. They are both good kite riders fully fond of kite surfing, so you can learn a lot with them.
Also they are very open minded and interesting persons, so even if there was no Wind (or Wind is too gusty) it was a pleasure to have a talk !
I feel now much more confident with the kite control, I could learn a lot about safety, launching and controlling of the kite as well about being relaxed ( ;)). Finally it made me more confident and able to manage myself difficult situations that can happen when you're alone in the water..
I really hope to come back and to keep progressing with High Flyers!
One thin I regregt is missing the opportunity to stay in Kevin's hostel for the total 2 weeks of my stay. Though I could spend 2 nights there and appreciate a lot the style, design and frendly atmosphere Inside.
I was looking for the Spanish classes too, so Kevin could arrange it too (his wife Liza has language school). I really loved my teacher (Amaya), she was very good teacher and I could do a big progress in Spanish with her.
So my recommendation.. let you try the best, don't hesitate!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 22, 2015

I stayed in Tarifa at the High Flyers House for 1 week on a private tuition kitesurfing course. Previously, I had undertaken a weekend course in the UK and my aim was to gain more confidence and perfect those waterstarts.

Richard was my instructor and his enthusiasm was exemplary. The wind conditions for the first three days were difficult – gusty Levante. Richard gave me the confidence to get out there and I learnt a lot about kite handling. Day four was a “no wind” day, which meant standup paddleboarding was the alternative activity and is a great way to explore the coastline. For the final two days the Poniente arrived and tested my body dragging and getting the board on my feet skills. I’m happy to say that on the final run of the final day I was up and riding for a reasonable distance! Thank you Richard for your encouragement and patience!

The High Flyers House is in an excellent location for exploring the old town. There were other guest staying in the house during my visit, which is good for solo travellers. I travelled to Tarifa from Madrid by train to Algeciras and then onto Tarifa by bus.

It was a brilliant week and I feel ready to buy my own kite surfing equipment and be safe on the water. I would highly recommend High Flyers and the flexibility that going to a smaller school brings.

I hope to be back in the near future!