“Two Night Stay”
Review of Meson de Sancho

Meson de Sancho
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Tarifa
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Really a great place! We had a triple room which was bright and clean. The bathroom and shower were good, the kettle and tea supplies was a nice extra. The pool area was lovely, shaded by a huge fig tree. We didn't swim as it was a bit too cold but it looked clean. Perfect location for visiting the roman ruins

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Meson de Sancho

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed here in 2012, had a great night, really comfortable room, excellent meal, great value overall, and a great Malaga-side place to stay rather than bother with slightly downbeat night-time Tarifa - BUT never submitted a review! However, on the way back from Cadiz (to Malaga) last week, we decided to re-acquaint ourselves by stopping for a coffee on a dreary cloudy day - and, 2 hours later, realised that I had left my bag behind - passports, cards, everything... drove back, and... EVERYTHING WAS THERE! The bag had been retrieved, held at reception - no big deal... but an extremely big deal to me! Thank you Meson de Sancho - that's what I call integrity... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - what else can we say - we will be back!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights earlier this month.It is an older established hotel which has some nice features in particular the Spanish furniture and fitments.
Although it is on a busy road the traffic noise is of no consequence and it is very close to Tarifa by car where there are a number of nice places to eat.
I had breakfast each morning which was traditional and more than adequate.

Room Tip: I stayed in a two bedroom family room which was ideal as we were travelling with an additional adult...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We booked this hotel based on reviews on Trip Advisor. It is the worst accommodation experience we have had so far on our 5 week tour of Spain. The place seems to be stuck in a 70's time warp. Mold covers the shower tiles and the towels smell rank. I actually went to the front desk to ask for new towels, the ones I received smelled even worse. Our room faced the small practice bullring. The minute we stepped on the balcony we were overcome by a strong cat urine smell. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank baladeuse
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Spent a wonderful overnight stay at the hotel. The hotel and room facilities were excellent and the restaurant food and service were of the highest quality and we will certainly return again next year. Would strongly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here for the access to tarifa and because they had a family suite that had two separate rooms to accommodate us with our teenage kids. The staff was friendly and the common areas very charming. It was a great bargain as the suite was only about 65 euro. Breakfast was wonderful and free parking was also a plus. The only negatives were the room smelled a little musty and the landscaping around the pool was unkempt.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe M
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My Fiance and I spent one night in this hotel as we were going on a day trip to Morocco the next day from Tarifa. The hotel was very quiet but it was November, this hotel is an ideal stop off point before the ferry in the morning. The hotel itself is spectacular inside, all furniture is of such high quality, very clean and our room was facing out onto a forest, river and mini bull ring! I loved the bull ring and the men were pretending to have a fight with fake bull horns! It was fantastic!! Our room was so spacious!! A very long corridor went into our room, a huge double bed, and we had our own beautiful brick red terrace looking out onto the forest. The bathroom was beautiful too, lovely creamy tiles and very spacious inside, the shower was in perfect working order! It was a very relaxing stay at this hotel.
My Fiance and I decided that we needed something to eat, so we also used the hotels restaurant and I have to say it was very tasty!!! The waiter also was a true Gent! He was excellent. I got homemade chips and croquettes and my Fiance got the steak, everything was cooked to perfection!! It was a wonderful stay :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple