Review Highlights
Great experience

We had an awesome kite experience in Tarifa by this school. We learned a lot in just 2 days and had... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Jonathan R
via mobile
Parfait !

Thanks to Mathieu & Paula for these incredible kite sessions. They’ve found a perfect and safe spot... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
marcorel13
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews kitesurf school extremely fun amazing days semi private lesson great progress learned how two days next year coming back professional team whole team thanks guys amazing experience robert students instructor safety
Reviewed March 2, 2018

I am from Switzerland and I spent two weeks in Tarifa with friends, I had never been there before and that was a fantastic trip.

We took some kitesurf lessons with Vivien and that was creazy! We all learned how to ride in very little time. The whole team was super nice and very careful with us.

I look forward to coming back this summer to meet this smiling team again and to improving myself! The stay is already booked and I advise you to do the same before there is no more place left ;)

Date of experience: February 2018
3  Thank Teo N
TarifaMax K, Owner at Tarifa Max Kitesurf School, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I m glad you had a great time with us in Tarifa and you appreciate the dedication of our team.
It was really cool seeing you having a fast progression and starting your first ride on the board.
See you again soon in Tarifa for some great kitesurfing sharing our passion.

Reviewed February 6, 2018

I made a private lesson of two days and at the end of the two days I was riding ! My teacher was really good as a teacher and as a kiter too. Mathew was friendly and present. I slept at his kitehouse which was very well located and clean. If I have the opportunity to come back next year I will. Thank you

Date of experience: September 2017
3  Thank alexanderperkins
TarifaMax K, Owner at Tarifa Max Kitesurf School, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I m glad you had a great time with us in Tarifa sharing our passion for kitesurfing. It was really cool seeing you having a fast progression and starting your firts ride on the board.
Hope you will have the opportunity to carry on practicing and we will see you again soon in Tarifa for some great kitesurfing with us.

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

After having done some beginner course before in other places, we were ready to get up and riding in Tarifa! After reading good reviews of Max kiteschool we decided to go for it. We went to the cafe in Tarifa as described on the website as their home base, however there was no one from the kiteschool and we were told to call the number on the website. We did and as of that moment communication went well (so a tip: call/app immediately, don't bother going to the cafe). We received WhatsApp messages at what time we needed to be present the next day and communication was smooth. Note that their kiteshop is 25min walk outside of the historic centre of Tarifa. If you have a car it is just 5min. Then to the kiting itself. Material was good, we always had multiple kite and line sizes available for all conditions. Teachers were very experienced and really wanted to help us get riding. They gave good tips and were excited when we managed to take a next step, always taking safety into consideration. In 3 days we had 2 different teachers but they had discussed our level together so that we didn't lose time because our second teacher hadn't seen our level before. The last day we had to wait a bit longer before the wind picked up and we were even charged less because we had a little less time to ride that day. Very nice and relaxed staff, and when we come to Tarifa again, we will surely go to Max to rent out gear too.

Date of experience: October 2017
3  Thank melaniesR6826RN

Thank you for your feedback. I m happy you enjoy your time kitesurfing with us, you actually had both a really good progression. It was nice to see that´s by the end of the 3rd day you both start to be confortable with the practice.
Hope to see you again soon in Tarifa for some great days kitesurfing sharing our passion.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

I stayed at the guesthouse for a week and took lessons with Mathieu's team everyday. As I was by myself, it was great to share the guesthouse with other people and go out in town together in the evening.

Mathieu is a great manager, with a lot of enthusiasm and passion for his sport. He stayed in touch constantly, answering every question I had, and he even filled in a for my instructor who had called in sick on the first day. I particularly enjoyed that the lessons were tailored to my level, and I felt that I was making constant progress.

Highly recommended!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Matthias B

Response from TarifaMax K, Owner at Tarifa Max Kitesurf School
Response Pending
It was really cool seeing you having a fast progression and be confident with the practice.

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Went to Tarifa with friends for a 3 day Kitesurf course with Max Kitesurf school.

Dedicated instructors, really helpfull, funny and amazing good kiters. Hope to come back next year.

Date of experience: September 2017