Review Highlights
Excellent kite surf school

Tarifa Max Kitesurf school staff is professional, experienced, flexible and very friendly. I took... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
J5584HTmaxk
Great experience - progress guaranteed

Both Mathieu and Ismael are super friendly and great instructors. They pay close personal attention... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
FloorDG

All reviews kitesurf school became apparent personalized attention great days body dragging top class three days great teacher a lot of fun his team ismael students instructor board wind guys surfing
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2016

If yuo are looking for waves and strong wind - Tarifa is the place to go. If you are beginner as me struggling with your kite, wishing max progress - no surprise the place to go is Tarifa Max Kitesurf School! Thanx to very friendly and dedicated trainer Robert I managed to get up on the board by myselft and to ride. It took a while to get over these waves, I had to drink a lot of salty Tarifa water till I manage to pull myself with the kite out of the water. The patient and good advices from Robert didn`t let to loose the motivation and kept me trying. Thanx for 2 days max experience and progress! I definitely will come back, this time to learn some jumps and tricks!

Date of experience: June 2016
TarifaMax K, Owner at Tarifa Max Kitesurf School, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2016

Thank you for your feedback.
I m really happy you enjoy your time kitesurfing with us and in particular the dedication of your instructor Robert.
Hope to see you again son in Tarifa for some great days kitesurfing sharing our passion.
all the best

Reviewed June 29, 2016

Myself and a friend spent 3 days with Robert. We'd both done some beginner lessons a few years ago but Robert did a great job refreshing the basics and then helping us to get riding for the first time. He really cares about seeing his students succeed and make progress which was refreshing for us as we had seen reviews of other schools where this is not a priority.

Robert's passion for the sport is infectious, he made us laugh a lot and even looked out for our other friend who was not getting lessons with us.

Mathieu organises everything seamlessly behind the scenes. A really great school, highly recommended, we'll hopefully be returning soon.

Date of experience: June 2016

Thank you for your feedback.
I m really happy you bothe enjoy your time kitesurfing with us and in particular the dedication of your instructor Robert.
Hope to see you again soon in Tarifa for some great days kitesurfing sharing our passion.
all the best

Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

Did a course with Tarifa Max as a beginner 3 years ago, now when I came back to Tarifa this year I sent them an email again, and took a 2 hour private course and improved my riding and jumping. Very happy with both courses and the instructor Robert. Strongy recomended!!

Date of experience: June 2016

It was really nice to see you again to improve your level, making some nice jump and improving fast. We get some really good photos of your jumps, we post them on the school Facebook.
Hope to see you again soon in Tarifa to share a nice kite session with you.
All the best

Reviewed June 20, 2016

I am very pleased with the lessons I had with Magalie and Robert this past week. I had taken lessons many years ago so in theory I was just starting out again. I did one group lesson with Robert and then took the 12hr private lessons with Magalie. They went in the water with me to help me with my first water starts which was extremely helpful starting off and got me up on the board! They made me feel safe which is so important for anyone doing this sport. I had started with another school where this was not the case and so tried out this school and I am very pleased that I did. The instructors go over everything with you which is fundamental for things like self rescue technique. I still need practice to stay up on the board and will definitely be called Tarifa Max Kitesurf School when I return to Tarifa in the fall. All of the other students who came on the beach with me for their lessons spoke very highly of their instructors. Someone also recommended highly to me Carlos. Thank you Tarifa Max.

Date of experience: June 2016

I m really happy you enjoy your time kitesurfing with our team and you appreciate the dedication of your instructors always in the wáter to help out with the board. You get a really good progression during this days and it was nice to see you up on the board starting riding.
All the best

Reviewed May 31, 2016

We have just got back from 4 days of beginner kitesurfing with Tarifa Max. We have a private lesson for myself and my wife with Rachel each day.

We both had a great time! Rachel was very friendly, clear, and patient, and had a focus on safety the whole time. Other teachers/schools didnt seem as keen on safety as Rachel, which means if something was to go wrong, consequences would be worse.

We started on beginners kites and by the last day were using the 11m. First day was on the beach getting to know the power of the kites, and basic control. Second day was in the water body dragging etc. Day 3 and 4 was in the water with the board.

Tarifa does get busy, and beginners need a lot of space. I would try to avoid July/August for that reason, as if its busy you spend more time waiting for people to move out of your path, so would just achieve less each day.

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank RoshanLondon12
TarifaMax K, Public Relations Manager at Tarifa Max Kitesurf School, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Hi Roshan,
Thank you very much for your positive review of your kitesurfing course with us. We have many years of experience teaching in Tarifa and know that safety is one of the most important parts of learning this sport. We also understand that coming into the wáter with you gives you the best chance at getting up on the board.
Rachel tells me that you did really very well in your course. We hope to see you again in Tarifa soon to kitesurf altogether with the Tarifa Max team!
Regards,