“Very well organized kiteschool”

Tarifa Max Kitesurf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Tarifa Max Kitesurfing School has been giving kite lessons in Tarifa, Spain since 1998, making us the kite school with the most of experience in the area, with proven techniques to ensure you learn to kitesurf quickly, safely and with a lot of fun. Our experience makes the difference. We are a hands on owner run business looking to give you the best service and value for money and will be on the beach to instruct and ensure the quality of your course. Our commitment: in our school the teacher will be with you in the water, to help you out and give you the best chances to get up on the board from the first go. Your course will be tailor made with detailed step by step instructions. You will be taught all the techniques of kitesurfing through step by step instructions which will provide you with all you need to know to improve your level quickly. We offer reduced group courses with 2 to 4 persons per instructor, semi-private lessons and private tuition, from 18€/h with all material, insurance, assistance boat and IKO license included. At the end of your Tarifa Max kitesurfing course you'll get your own official IKO card (International Kitesurfing Organisation) allowing you to go forth into the world as an independent kiter, and rent your equipment wordwide. We sell new and second hand material at the best price and you will be able to get one day for free to try the equipment. We are always happy to advise you and answer any queries. Tarifa Max has some new and exciting developments with the partnership of B3 Tarifa who will be providing our kite school with the newest and best 2017 Slingshot kites and boards. We also offer accommodation package in our kite House, 2 minutes walk from the town beach and the town center where you will find bars and restaurants. The house also offers gear storage for those who come with their own material, free pick to the beach and an ideal place to share great times in Tarifa. There is a great ambience in this newly renovated town house, with amazing views overlooking the old town and Moroccan cost. Come and enjoy kitesurfing with us in the midst of the amazing scenery and beauty of Tarifa, the southern point of Europe. We will take you to the best spots every day depending on the wind direction. Let the Tarifa Max Kitesurfing team take care of the details, our experience does make the difference. See you soon for some great days kitesurfing !
Reviewed July 11, 2016

I did 3 days of private courses, and then I rented kites for 6 days. Carlos and Robert were my instructors, they were both friendly and helpful. Mathieu and Rachel helped me with the renting, they were very available as well. Plus I stayed Max Kitesurfing sort of hostel, which was managed by Rachel. The place is very nice, and very well run by Rachel. I definetely recommend Max Kitesurfing for everybody.

1  Thank Andras G
TarifaMax K, Owner at Tarifa Max Kitesurf School, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2016

I m happy you enjoy your time in Tarifa, staying in our kite house and sharing our passion for kitesurfing. It was great to see every day progerssing quickly and finally kiting independantly.
I hope to see you again son in Tarifa for great day kitesurfing.

All reviews
"students"
"safety"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed June 30, 2016

If yuo are looking for waves and strong wind - Tarifa is the place to go. If you are beginner as me struggling with your kite, wishing max progress - no surprise the place to go is Tarifa Max Kitesurf School! Thanx to very friendly and dedicated trainer Robert I managed to get up on the board by myselft and to ride. It took a while to get over these waves, I had to drink a lot of salty Tarifa water till I manage to pull myself with the kite out of the water. The patient and good advices from Robert didn`t let to loose the motivation and kept me trying. Thanx for 2 days max experience and progress! I definitely will come back, this time to learn some jumps and tricks!

Thank you for your feedback.
I m really happy you enjoy your time kitesurfing with us and in particular the dedication of your instructor Robert.
Hope to see you again son in Tarifa for some great days kitesurfing sharing our passion.
all the best

Reviewed June 29, 2016

Myself and a friend spent 3 days with Robert. We'd both done some beginner lessons a few years ago but Robert did a great job refreshing the basics and then helping us to get riding for the first time. He really cares about seeing his students succeed and make progress which was refreshing for us as we had seen reviews of other schools where this is not a priority.

Robert's passion for the sport is infectious, he made us laugh a lot and even looked out for our other friend who was not getting lessons with us.

Mathieu organises everything seamlessly behind the scenes. A really great school, highly recommended, we'll hopefully be returning soon.

Thank you for your feedback.
I m really happy you bothe enjoy your time kitesurfing with us and in particular the dedication of your instructor Robert.
Hope to see you again soon in Tarifa for some great days kitesurfing sharing our passion.
all the best

Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

Did a course with Tarifa Max as a beginner 3 years ago, now when I came back to Tarifa this year I sent them an email again, and took a 2 hour private course and improved my riding and jumping. Very happy with both courses and the instructor Robert. Strongy recomended!!

It was really nice to see you again to improve your level, making some nice jump and improving fast. We get some really good photos of your jumps, we post them on the school Facebook.
Hope to see you again soon in Tarifa to share a nice kite session with you.
All the best
Mathieu

See more reviews
Reviewed June 20, 2016

I am very pleased with the lessons I had with Magalie and Robert this past week. I had taken lessons many years ago so in theory I was just starting out again. I did one group lesson with Robert and then took the 12hr private lessons with Magalie. They went in the water with me to help me with my first water starts which was extremely helpful starting off and got me up on the board! They made me feel safe which is so important for anyone doing this sport. I had started with another school where this was not the case and so tried out this school and I am very pleased that I did. The instructors go over everything with you which is fundamental for things like self rescue technique. I still need practice to stay up on the board and will definitely be called Tarifa Max Kitesurf School when I return to Tarifa in the fall. All of the other students who came on the beach with me for their lessons spoke very highly of their instructors. Someone also recommended highly to me Carlos. Thank you Tarifa Max.

I m really happy you enjoy your time kitesurfing with our team and you appreciate the dedication of your instructors always in the wáter to help out with the board. You get a really good progression during this days and it was nice to see you up on the board starting riding.
All the best