“kitesurfing lessons”

Tarifa Max Kitesurf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Tarifa Max Kitesurfing School has been giving kite lessons in Tarifa, Spain since 1998, making us the kite school with the most of experience in the area, with proven techniques to ensure you learn to kitesurf quickly, safely and with a lot of fun. Our experience makes the difference. We are a hands on owner run business looking to give you the best service and value for money and will be on the beach to instruct and ensure the quality of your course. Our commitment: in our school the teacher will be with you in the water, to help you out and give you the best chances to get up on the board from the first go. Your course will be tailor made with detailed step by step instructions. You will be taught all the techniques of kitesurfing through step by step instructions which will provide you with all you need to know to improve your level quickly. We offer reduced group courses with 2 to 4 persons per instructor, semi-private lessons and private tuition, from 18€/h with all material, insurance, assistance boat and IKO license included. At the end of your Tarifa Max kitesurfing course you'll get your own official IKO card (International Kitesurfing Organisation) allowing you to go forth into the world as an independent kiter, and rent your equipment wordwide. We sell new and second hand material at the best price and you will be able to get one day for free to try the equipment. We are always happy to advise you and answer any queries. Tarifa Max has some new and exciting developments with the partnership of B3 Tarifa who will be providing our kite school with the newest and best 2017 Slingshot kites and boards. We also offer accommodation package in our kite House, 2 minutes walk from the town beach and the town center where you will find bars and restaurants. The house also offers gear storage for those who come with their own material, free pick to the beach and an ideal place to share great times in Tarifa. There is a great ambience in this newly renovated town house, with amazing views overlooking the old town and Moroccan cost. Come and enjoy kitesurfing with us in the midst of the amazing scenery and beauty of Tarifa, the southern point of Europe. We will take you to the best spots every day depending on the wind direction. Let the Tarifa Max Kitesurfing team take care of the details, our experience does make the difference. See you soon for some great days kitesurfing !
Reviewed June 20, 2016

I am very pleased with the lessons I had with Magalie and Robert this past week. I had taken lessons many years ago so in theory I was just starting out again. I did one group lesson with Robert and then took the 12hr private lessons with Magalie. They went in the water with me to help me with my first water starts which was extremely helpful starting off and got me up on the board! They made me feel safe which is so important for anyone doing this sport. I had started with another school where this was not the case and so tried out this school and I am very pleased that I did. The instructors go over everything with you which is fundamental for things like self rescue technique. I still need practice to stay up on the board and will definitely be called Tarifa Max Kitesurf School when I return to Tarifa in the fall. All of the other students who came on the beach with me for their lessons spoke very highly of their instructors. Someone also recommended highly to me Carlos. Thank you Tarifa Max.

TarifaMax K, Owner at Tarifa Max Kitesurf School, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2016

I m really happy you enjoy your time kitesurfing with our team and you appreciate the dedication of your instructors always in the wáter to help out with the board. You get a really good progression during this days and it was nice to see you up on the board starting riding.
Hope to see you again soon in Tarifa for some great days kitesurfing sharing our passion.
All the best

"kite lessons"
"roberto"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed May 31, 2016

We have just got back from 4 days of beginner kitesurfing with Tarifa Max. We have a private lesson for myself and my wife with Rachel each day.

We both had a great time! Rachel was very friendly, clear, and patient, and had a focus on safety the whole time. Other teachers/schools didnt seem as keen on safety as Rachel, which means if something was to go wrong, consequences would be worse.

We started on beginners kites and by the last day were using the 11m. First day was on the beach getting to know the power of the kites, and basic control. Second day was in the water body dragging etc. Day 3 and 4 was in the water with the board.

Tarifa does get busy, and beginners need a lot of space. I would try to avoid July/August for that reason, as if its busy you spend more time waiting for people to move out of your path, so would just achieve less each day.

1  Thank RoshanLondon12
TarifaMax K, Public Relations Manager at Tarifa Max Kitesurf School, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Hi Roshan,
Thank you very much for your positive review of your kitesurfing course with us. We have many years of experience teaching in Tarifa and know that safety is one of the most important parts of learning this sport. We also understand that coming into the wáter with you gives you the best chance at getting up on the board.
Rachel tells me that you did really very well in your course. We hope to see you again in Tarifa soon to kitesurf altogether with the Tarifa Max team!

Reviewed May 29, 2016

The Tarifa Max Kitesurf School has been around for nearly 20 years so they really know what they're doing. I was like a fish out of water but Carlos was really patient and we eventually got there!! They do a great job and are genuinely interested in seeing you succeed in the water.

1  Thank manawatuman
TarifaMax K, Owner at Tarifa Max Kitesurf School, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Thanks for your positive feedback! It's always great to hear that we are doing a good job. We have a great team working for Tarifa Max and like you say we are always really happy to see our clients succeed and enjoy the course. We hope to see you in Tarifa again for some more kitesurfing!

Reviewed May 28, 2016

I could't have asked for more! My instructor was Robert, who's been working with Mathieu for 4 seasons so he really knows what he's doing. He was patient, attentive, humorous and most of all passionate - this guy LOVES kitesurfing! His passion is infectious and he'll make sure you have the best time possible! I couldn't recommend him more. As for the school, Mathieu (the owner) has been into kiteboarding since the start (he helped build the first boards) and his school has a great reputation (everyone will say hi to your instructor on the beach :). They have all the gear you'll need and will help with anything. I used so many kites, 5 meters all the way to 15 meters. They had everything I needed and went the extra mile...picking me up, changing days, squeezing in more lessons. Loved it!! .....should probably add, I did private lessons which was definitely worth it. I had 5 days of lessons - by day two I was up and moving some of the time and by the final day I was powering over waves and landing a few mini (unintentional) jumps :)

1  Thank charliec88

Thanks for your super review Charlie! We have a really great team working for Tarifa Max and are very happy to share our passion for the sport with our clients. Come back and see us soon and we will teach you some real (intentional) jumps!!