Review Highlights
Excellent kite surf school

Tarifa Max Kitesurf school staff is professional, experienced, flexible and very friendly. I took... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
J5584HTmaxk
Great experience - progress guaranteed

Both Mathieu and Ismael are super friendly and great instructors. They pay close personal attention... read more

Reviewed August 18, 2020
FloorDG

All reviews kitesurf school became apparent personalized attention great days body dragging top class three days great teacher a lot of fun his team ismael students instructor board wind guys surfing
Selected filters
Reviewed May 22, 2016 via mobile

Our daughter and I followed a three day course with Max kitesurfschool.
Outstanding!!
They have been teaching a long time and were one of the first schools in Tarifa. It is quality they are after, not just filling pockets.

Rachel, Robert and Carlos were very good instructors, professional, dedicated and very safety minded.
In the background Mathew was as a spider in the web, keeping contact through whatsapp and trying to find sollutions for our last day when the wind was rather light. And he did!
We will be back and I recommend anybody who is interested in good instruction with absolute value for money to contact them.

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank kir01
TarifaMax K, Owner at Tarifa Max Kitesurf School, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Thank you for your great review Lour. I'm really happy that you were so happy with our service and that we were able to find a solution for your last day. Hope you manage to get back to Tarifa soon with all the family.
Regards,
Mathieu

Reviewed May 17, 2016

Recently done a 4 day beginners course with Tarifa Max. The weather was quite bad, however I still managed to get up on the board on the last day. My instructor Magalie was very helpful, professional and patient. I'd have no problems in recommending Tarifa Max kitesurfing school.

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank Declan1980
TarifaMax K, Owner at Tarifa Max Kitesurf School, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2016

Depiste the bad weather we get the week you did your lesson (quite rare at this time of year) you had a really good progression, and manage to get up and riding, well done you have master kitesurfing now. I hope you will have the opportunity to practice again soon.
See you soon in Tarifa for somegreat days kitesurfing sharing our passion.

Reviewed April 27, 2016

Had so much fun learning with Tarifa Max. Got out on the water 3 of the 4 days we were there and had epic wind on final day. I started with basic level of knowledge (3 days total before this) and by the end was speeding along. Tarifa is a great, chilled out place to go Kitesurfing and these guys are great teachers. They plan each day out based on the wind and chase it from beach to beach so you'll always get the best out your day. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank George H

You had a great progression during 3 days lessons and really improve fast, well done.
I’m really happy you had enjoyed your time kitesurfing with us sharing our passion for sport and Tarifa.
Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed April 17, 2016 via mobile

Unfortunately when I was there the wind decided not to play ball, however, the level of service from Matthieu, Rachel, Robert and the team was outstanding and did all they could to ensure I could get onto the water when conditions allowed. I have no hesitation in recommending them and will definitely return in the future.

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank RachieBP
TarifaMax K, Owner at Tarifa Max Kitesurf School, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2016

Is not often we dont get wind in Tarifa, and we always try to be as flexible as possible to get the best part of the day to be able to enjoy the conditions when they come.
I glad you enjoy your time in Tarifa and apreciate the dedication of our team.
Hope to see again soon in Tarifa to enjoy some great day kitesurfing sharing our passion.

Reviewed February 15, 2016

My 16 year old cousin was recently visiting Tarifa and I wanted to teach her how to kite surf. However, it soon became apparent that we were not a compatible teacher - student combination. On the recommendation of several friends I met and arranged an introductory lesson with Matthew of Tarifa Max. I went along to watch and assist out of a sense of responsibility and protection.

It turned out I need not have worried. My cousin instantly connected with Matthew's chief instructor, Roberto. And watching Roberto teach and inspire my cousin was exactly the kind of teacher-student experience you dream of. I was very impressed with the way he taught the safety basics without over stressing the potential risks, whilst at the same time encouraging her to climb out of her comfort zone.

Within 4 days my cousin was on the water and up on the board and capable enough to come out with me. I attribute this feat to Roberto and Matthew's teaching talents.

Today she's totally hooked on kitesurfing. It's taken over her life.

I can highly recommend Tarifa Max as a kite school that knows people and teaches kiting to a very high standard. Thanks Tarifa Max for making a young girl's holiday the beginning of a life-long pursuit. :-)

Date of experience: September 2015
2  Thank mangojacks
TarifaMax K, Owner at Tarifa Max Kitesurf School, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2016

Thank for your feedback. It was really a pleasure to meet you both and to see your cousin getting hooked on the sport. Hope to see guys again soon to share our passion in the wáter.