“Brilliant!!”

Tarifa Max Kitesurf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Tarifa Max Kitesurfing School has been giving kite lessons in Tarifa, Spain since 1998, making us the kite school with the most of experience in the area, with proven techniques to ensure you learn to kitesurf quickly, safely and with a lot of fun. Our experience makes the difference. We are a hands on owner run business looking to give you the best service and value for money and will be on the beach to instruct and ensure the quality of your course. Our commitment: in our school the teacher will be with you in the water, to help you out and give you the best chances to get up on the board from the first go. Your course will be tailor made with detailed step by step instructions. You will be taught all the techniques of kitesurfing through step by step instructions which will provide you with all you need to know to improve your level quickly. We offer reduced group courses with 2 to 4 persons per instructor, semi-private lessons and private tuition, from 18€/h with all material, insurance, assistance boat and IKO license included. At the end of your Tarifa Max kitesurfing course you'll get your own official IKO card (International Kitesurfing Organisation) allowing you to go forth into the world as an independent kiter, and rent your equipment wordwide. We sell new and second hand material at the best price and you will be able to get one day for free to try the equipment. We are always happy to advise you and answer any queries. Tarifa Max has some new and exciting developments with the partnership of B3 Tarifa who will be providing our kite school with the newest and best 2017 Slingshot kites and boards. We also offer accommodation package in our kite House, 2 minutes walk from the town beach and the town center where you will find bars and restaurants. The house also offers gear storage for those who come with their own material, free pick to the beach and an ideal place to share great times in Tarifa. There is a great ambience in this newly renovated town house, with amazing views overlooking the old town and Moroccan cost. Come and enjoy kitesurfing with us in the midst of the amazing scenery and beauty of Tarifa, the southern point of Europe. We will take you to the best spots every day depending on the wind direction. Let the Tarifa Max Kitesurfing team take care of the details, our experience does make the difference. See you soon for some great days kitesurfing !
Reviewed May 28, 2016

I could't have asked for more! My instructor was Robert, who's been working with Mathieu for 4 seasons so he really knows what he's doing. He was patient, attentive, humorous and most of all passionate - this guy LOVES kitesurfing! His passion is infectious and he'll make sure you have the best time possible! I couldn't recommend him more. As for the school, Mathieu (the owner) has been into kiteboarding since the start (he helped build the first boards) and his school has a great reputation (everyone will say hi to your instructor on the beach :). They have all the gear you'll need and will help with anything. I used so many kites, 5 meters all the way to 15 meters. They had everything I needed and went the extra mile...picking me up, changing days, squeezing in more lessons. Loved it!! .....should probably add, I did private lessons which was definitely worth it. I had 5 days of lessons - by day two I was up and moving some of the time and by the final day I was powering over waves and landing a few mini (unintentional) jumps :)

1  Thank charliec88
TarifaMax K, Owner at Tarifa Max Kitesurf School, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Thanks for your super review Charlie! We have a really great team working for Tarifa Max and are very happy to share our passion for the sport with our clients. Come back and see us soon and we will teach you some real (intentional) jumps!!
Regards,

"kite lessons"
"roberto"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed May 22, 2016 via mobile

Our daughter and I followed a three day course with Max kitesurfschool.
Outstanding!!
They have been teaching a long time and were one of the first schools in Tarifa. It is quality they are after, not just filling pockets.

Rachel, Robert and Carlos were very good instructors, professional, dedicated and very safety minded.
In the background Mathew was as a spider in the web, keeping contact through whatsapp and trying to find sollutions for our last day when the wind was rather light. And he did!
We will be back and I recommend anybody who is interested in good instruction with absolute value for money to contact them.

1  Thank L K

Thank you for your great review Lour. I'm really happy that you were so happy with our service and that we were able to find a solution for your last day. Hope you manage to get back to Tarifa soon with all the family.
Regards,
Mathieu

Reviewed May 17, 2016

Recently done a 4 day beginners course with Tarifa Max. The weather was quite bad, however I still managed to get up on the board on the last day. My instructor Magalie was very helpful, professional and patient. I'd have no problems in recommending Tarifa Max kitesurfing school.

1  Thank Declan1980
TarifaMax K, Owner at Tarifa Max Kitesurf School, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2016

Depiste the bad weather we get the week you did your lesson (quite rare at this time of year) you had a really good progression, and manage to get up and riding, well done you have master kitesurfing now. I hope you will have the opportunity to practice again soon.
See you soon in Tarifa for somegreat days kitesurfing sharing our passion.

Reviewed April 27, 2016

Had so much fun learning with Tarifa Max. Got out on the water 3 of the 4 days we were there and had epic wind on final day. I started with basic level of knowledge (3 days total before this) and by the end was speeding along. Tarifa is a great, chilled out place to go Kitesurfing and these guys are great teachers. They plan each day out based on the wind and chase it from beach to beach so you'll always get the best out your day. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

2  Thank George H

You had a great progression during 3 days lessons and really improve fast, well done.
I’m really happy you had enjoyed your time kitesurfing with us sharing our passion for sport and Tarifa.
Hope to see you again soon