“First rate kite school”
Review of Tantrum Kitesurf

Tantrum Kitesurf
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: UNLIMITED HOURS KITESURFING Holidays in Tarifa, Spain. As long as there's wind we'll be at the beach and you'll be on the board.
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First rate kite school”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I spent several weeks with Tantrum over the summer. Their coaches are very professional, knowledgeable and also a lot of fun! The flat is also a great place to stay, as a single traveller, you will meet a lot of like minded people.

Sam G, Owner at Tantrum Kitesurf, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Cheers mate...hope to see you again in the future!

London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way to learn the basics”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I decided to go with Tantrum for a three day beginners course learn the basics of Kite surfing, having known Tarifa was the wind Mecca of Europe I thought this would be a good place to start. I chose Tantrum as it offered a whole days tuition and gave me the opportunity to stay in a shared apartment where I could meet other like minded learners,

The apartment was clean but basic and had everything that was needed clean bed sheets, wifi, fridge, warm shower and towels, I also noticed they had an Xbox with multiple games for those non windy days.

The tuition was certainly top class. My tutors were Nick, Alex and I think the other hobbit looking character was called Chris/Sam but the several hours hot sunshine and beer made some things hard to remember. We spent two days on the Tarifa beach starting at 12:30 and finishing around 7, we were on both occasions the last school on the beach demonstrating the strong determination for our tutors to make sure we were getting maximum tuition. On my third day we went to another beach closer to Algeciras, this was still a lovely beach but felt slightly more crowded and less favourable for me as a learner, but still loads of fun flying the kite in a back ground of oil tankers and cranes. Overall the tutors were super patient and knowledgeable and operated in a safe and professional manner at all times.

Tarifa as a town was awesome, the old town has a few trendy bars and the beach was pleasant and calm enough for swimming.

Would certainly recommend Tarifa and tantrum as a fun relaxed and easy place to learn Kitesurfing!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Tormod S
Sam G, Owner at Tantrum Kitesurf, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hobbit looking character...I'm going to assume you mean Chris! My toes are certainly hairy but I hope thats where the comparison ends! ;) Anyway mate, glad you had a great time and hope to see you guys again in the future.
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Excellent choice either if you want to learn from scratch or improve your kitesurfing skills. Sam and the team were focused in helping each individual to advance in a very professional and relaxed atmosphere. No time limit at the beach, you can stay as long as you can take. They also keep a good eye on safety.
Superb experience, would definitely repeat.

Visited April 2013
Sam G, Owner at Tantrum Kitesurf, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thanks for that mate, hope you manage to find a school out your way and you're welcome back to entertain us whenever your back in Europe...thanks for the laughs!!
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An experience you want to repeat over and over and over and ov..”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Loved every part of it!
- The tantrum team - dedicated, careful, qualified, fun. Always strive to make the best out of every situation - despite wind unpredictabiliy or the fact that everyone may be at a different level. I was a bit scared that the activity may be a bit too extreme and dangerous for a novice like myself, but it really isn't! Especially with this crew! In 3 days only! I achieved much more than expected! Wouldn't have been possible anywhere else!
- Tarifa - even when the weather is not so kitesurf friendly (as rare as it may be), Tarifa will not disappoint you! Perfect bars, beaches and the best looking people ever! =))

Sam G, Owner at Tantrum Kitesurf, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Glad to hear you enjoyed it and we banished the fear!! Hope to see you riding next time!
London, United Kingdom
“No Tantrums in Tarifa with this lot!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had a great time as an absolute beginner to Kite Surfing, Instruction was excellent, making sure all the basics were covered thoroughly before moving on to the next stage. Always felt safe and in good hands!

Stayed in the apartment and made good friends, going out with everyone most nights helps to make it a great holiday experience.

Will be back as soon as I can to attain my board lord status!!

Sam G, Owner at Tantrum Kitesurf, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Cheers mate...hope to see you soon and help you get to that board lord stage!