“My Spanish dream come true”
Review of Hotel La Torre

Hotel La Torre
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Tarifa
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Hotel La Torre was our first hotel on our roadtrip and boy it fullfilled the picture I had of a spanish hotel. We had a big room with king size bed and a single bed to use for our one year old. Beds were comfortable, hot water plentiful and breakfast great too. Beautifully decorated corner room was facing the road but the little noise wouldn't bother us at all. Price we paid as walk-in guest was just right. As an additional bonus interesting Tarifa old town is just a short drive away and on the day of our visit the nearby surf spot was pumping so my husband was happy too. Wish we had stayed longer in this redecorated hamlet.

Room Tip: We got a nice room and rate just by walking in. Worth of booking in advance though as they only have...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Pivitar

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We chose this hotel due to its proximity to the Tarifa Ferry Terminal (about a 10-minute drive) and based on encouraging reviews from Trip Advisor.

La Torre is conveniently located on the N-340, so it pretty easy to find (watch for the kilometer markers). Our room was of an adequate size, and although it faced the road, we did not hear any traffic noise. The ensuite bathroom was big, and the shower had lots of hot water and good pressure. Staff were very pleasant and accommodating. Breakfast was offered, but we only had time to have some coffee, so I could not comment on how it was. If the quality of the coffee is any indication of the quality of the breakfast, chances are, it is good.

I would have given this hotel a higher rating had it not been for the uncomfortable bed (it kept collapsing on one end) and some cleanliness issues (some black mold in the bathroom ceiling and hair on the bed sheets). That said, I would probably stay here again - albeit only for a night - because of the good value it presented compared to other hotels in the area and because of the wonderful staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gingertravels2
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is wonderful in every way. Friendly staff, quiet and clean rooms, excellent restaurant,, and very economically priced. Bonus is free parking. Hard to find even with a GPS (so watch for kilometer markers on Hwy 340), but well worth the effort.
Tarifa is only good for a conduit to Gibraltar and Tangiers, but we would almost go back there just to stay at Hotel La Torre again.

Room Tip: small place ..all rooms same
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RoyD49
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Excellent service, clean and wide rooms, nice decoration, this hotel worths more than the 2 stars that it currently has. If you don't sleep there I suggest you to try at least the restaurant, it will really be a pleasant surprise with the elaborate dishes made with 100% Spanish products! Hopefully they will add a pool to the amenities soon, meantime there are 2 jacuzzis,anyway the hotel is walking distance to the beach.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Saritas_way
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Other than the fact that our Garmin GPS had no idea how to find their address, we really liked this hotel.

It's located a little outside of town on the road toward the Roman ruins of Baello. The rooms, breakfast room, and location are all very nice. The owners are very accomodating. There is plenty of free parking for drivers. It's probably an hour, at most, from Gibraltar.

The hotel was recommended to us by the owner of a bar in Granada (but was already on our list as our top choice in the Tarifa area).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bdjtbenson
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed here on our trip through Andalusia the night before a day trip to Morocco. The hotel staff were extremely hospitable. The restaurant was outstanding for dinner. I had fish soup and ventresca (tuna belly). It was well prepared - three large portions - and delicious. I would highly recommend La Torre for the stay and the food.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Wmcconaghy
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This hotel is about 6km from Tarifa town, along the road west towards Bolonia. It is on a main road, but that does not detract from the property itself. The gardens are immaculate, and have several "secret" sections with lovely furniture, chill-out zone with bean bags and a general air of laid-back relaxation. There are two hot tubs, and a lovely covered restaurant which defies the smoking ban...lots of cigar smoke when I visited, but all legal and above board because the restaurant is not a part of the main building!
My room was very clean, very comfortable, with a mattress which was obviously pretty new. The shower had lots of variable sprays, and was always a decent temperature (I tried it at several times of the day!).
I was travelling alone, and the restaurant was always full of couples. The waiting staff really did not know how to cope with me being on my own and tended to "spoil" the couples, and leave me feeling out on a limb. Maybe they just weren't used to a single, middle aged woman on her own!
The food was over oily, and not to my taste, but maybe I chose badly. When I ordered a glass of rose, that was not a problem, but when I asked for a second, it was never the same type. And that is hard to explain when Spanish isn't your first language, so I just put up with it.
Breakfast is a generous buffet, and no complaint there.
Overall I would say this would be a great "one night" stay. I thought Tarifa itself to be overrated, and if you wanted a smaller, but more interesting town (and wanted to stay in town) then Zahara would be a better choice.

Room Tip: I loved room in the outside annexe (rooms 9, 10 and 11)
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo