“average food rubbish service”
Review of California - CLOSED

California
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Italian cuisine restaurant
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We ate here last night and on first impressions the restauranat and terrace appears quite nice .We were seated and ordered drinks and our food and waited ... and waited ... and waited ... the starter eventually arrived which to be fair was quite nice -prawns and filet pastry in leek sauce - then we waited ... my main arrived ... but my wife's didn't and showed no signs of being brought until we asked what was happening and it was then miraculously produced ! mains were ok - empire state burger and swordfish -we didn't hang around for dessert as it was getting late ...

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Without a word of exaggeration this was the worst restaurant I have ever visited. I can only imagine Basil Faulty himself was behind the scenes directing the action. We visited with a large party but despite the waiters speaking good English and one of our party speaking perfect Spanish they managed to cock up nearly every single order, later claiming it was 'too confusing'. To give a brief summary of events; mains turned up before starters, some meals didn't turn up at all, multiple bowls of soup arrived (no one ordered soup), one steak was sent back three times for being undercooked it came back every time exactly the same as it left, people received drinks that they hadn't ordered and to top it all the waiters started to get shirty when we complained.

I can't emphasise enough how bad it was, avoid, avoid, avoid.

2  Thank davidor4307
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We visited as 2 couples and unfortunately we were not hungry enough for all courses so only had the main course......I say unfortunately as we would have loved to have sampled more food here. We had T-bone steaks and fillet steaks and all of them were incredible all served with lovely veg and chips. Our waiter could not have been better for service and friendliness. Would absolutely recommend and will definitely return.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

California was our favourite restaurant in Nerja. We would visit at least twice each holiday!!!
Not any more. We had been warned that ownership had changed hands, but thought we would still give it a try as we love the roof terrace.
I totally agree with the previous review and it sadens me to say that we won't be returning this year !!!
Poor customer service
Average food
Uncomfortable chairs
Good atmosphere, but this is mainly due to the location.

1  Thank Griff100473
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The previous owners gave great food, great service & outstanding value for money. The new owners seemed to have little idea of these principals. Poor service, indifferent food - I'll save my money next time in Nerja for somewhere else