“Tasting Menu Superb and welcome second to none”

Sollun Restaurante - Pintada 23
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The food was beautiful, well done to the chef, friendly and eager to share his passion for his food. If we could eat there every nihht we would.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Asked which was my preferred restaurant for a pre-birthday dinner a deux, I said Sollun, without question, because Juan's take on flavour combination has always seemed to me, inspired. However, firstly one must comment on the vastly improved prices... 13€ for a first course and 25 ish for a main, is well above Nerja standards. And the size of the meals: we're neither of us big eaters, but to come away after two courses feeling hungry? I can't think of any other restaurant in Nerja of which I could say that. ( One course at Maria Bonita or Stephans is all we can cope with !)
Sadly the ambiance as well has gone from' clinical' to' glacial' ; there were only three other diners, a couple and a guy on his own, and the atmosphere was similar to that of breakfast at a B & B run by Hyacinth Bouquet !

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Sollun is an amazing restaurant with an excellent head chef. The food was stunning, particularly our starter of pork belly, scallops and cauliflower puree which was out of this world !! If you're looking for Michelin Star cooking in Nerja then this is the place ! Cannot wait to return this coming May !!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I took my parents to the Sollun restaurant and upon arrival we were very warmly welcomed, after much debate over the fantastic looking menu we finally made our choices. The restaurant itself has a upmarket but relaxed feel about it, and even though it is a small restaurant you forget that other people are sat around you and you do not feel like you have to whisper to each other when talking. Well educated staff were great for suggesting wines and when the starters came to the table they looked, smelt and tasted great. I opted for the unusual Strawberry and Beetroot soup, tried this out of curiousity more then anything and wow did it deliver! fantastic blend of tastes. We were not rushed into the next course and when it was delivered it too was presented with care and thought in mind. I chose pigeon with a chestnut puree, my main was delicious but i found myself taking my eyes off mine and looking at my parents meals as all of them looked amazing. After pallet cleansers the desserts were served, my mother didnt opt for one on the sole basis that she was full, i had the white chocolate soup with raspberry for my dessert and after i ordered it i thought it might be the wrong choice as i was expecting it to be very rich. It wasnt too rich and again it was yet another outstanding course. It was a fantastic evening which worked out inc water/wine to be roughly 55€ per head. This was very good value, and would of been happy to pay more for this meal. I have been to several michelin star restaurants and Sollun exceeded in both quality and service by far.

1  Thank dbridgen
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Well cooked food on a very imaginative menu. The restaurant is however dull and totally lacking in atmosphere. It does not fulfil the overall expectations for a good night out

1  Thank viperaberus