“A very pleasant surprise when stuck for accomodation”
Review of Hostal Abril

Hostal Abril
Ranked #4 of 32 Nerja B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We were staying in Nerja at the start of summer tourist season and, on the second night, were stuck for affordable accomodation. We chanced upon Hostal Abril and were very pleasantly surprised. An attractive hallway was filled with the sounds of children playing in the proprietor's private space. Our quiet room was very nicely refurbished with a good shower. My only gripe was that the bed was too soft for me, as I can get back problems. The location is near the regional bus stop, but a bit of a walk out of the town - perfect for us, but not for everybody. Overall, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My first TA review, not my thing usually to write reviews but feel the Abril deserves credit for lovely very reasonably priced accommodation. Brilliant location in the lovely town of Nerja. We were unlucky to have appalling weather last September for four of our six days so spent lots of time in our room. Room service was very good about this and worked around us needing to be indoors (yes it was that bad!) I am about to make the return trip this May hopeful of better weather with my daughter for a week and am looking forward to returning to the Abril. Very boutique Hotel feel about and very clean. Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LizzieCornwall
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hostal Abril is situated 5 minutes walk from the center of Nerja and is very convenient. The Hotel only has a few rooms and is very quiet, it was great value at 33€ per night in April. Our room overlooked the garden which is available to guests. The room was large and comfortable and the shower room was a good size and modern, the only downside was that the shower tap was a lever type that you kept hitting against and turned the shower off. There is free wifi and also 1 secure parking spot at 10€ per day.

Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights having had our previous accommodation cancelled. And am I glad it happened.
Our room was ready when we arrived just before lunch. It wasn't big but it was clean and ideal for us.
Having read all reviews we were impressed with room, staff and bars / restaurants near by.
Cafe duque over the road is lovely and homely. Food and drink excellent value. Loads of lovely tapas bars close by - la taberna and the round bar.
All in all an excellent short break and thanks to the Abril

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I found this Hostal on booking.com I have been to Nerja 3 times but never stayed in it. Love the town and normally stay with brother in law up in the mountains. This time we decided it would be nice to stay in the town so I looked up a couple of places and after reading many reviews.. mostly good.. i chose this hotel. Firstly.. I thought it may be like a hostel as named Hostal and as an option on booking was a shared bathroom.. i chose private.. but still expected a hostel type place. Wow.. was I surprised. A beautiful entrance.. lovely host.. gorgeous stairs.. i was waiting for the bad part.. up two floors to room 104.. gorgeous! I don't know if all rooms are the same but i think they are similar. Decor was black and white.. the bathroom deep brown and all very modern. Everything worked fine..tv..internet..wifi.. the room over looked onto the small garden.. everything spotless.. there was a smell from the drains when you ran the water in the basin but it did not last or go into the bedroom.. i had read this on other reviews so was not surprised. The bed was lovely and soft.. slept like a baby! I worked in 4* hotels for years so i am fussy but this was far more than I expected! There are no eating facilities but knew that when booking but the cafe down on the next corner served English breakfast for 5.50 euro and French for €5.00 both lovely and the staff there were very friendly as well.. Cafe Duque i think it was called.. on same side as hotel.. If you walk down the street it goes direct into the heart of the town and Balcon de Europe.. so easy to get around.. Parking is a pain but drive round and you will find it.. if all fails there is a paid parking but it is 12 euro a day! A fabulous place to recommend is Little Italy.. on Calle de la Carabeo, There are two Italian restaurants side by side and each sell pizza and pasta for €3.50 and it's fabulous.. one can sometimes think cheap means eeeyuk.. not here.. either restaurant as good as the other and they are both well known and very popular! So for the budget minded traveller you can have a great stay at the hotel for an excellent price and then eat well for very cheap! If you fancy meat dishes.. try the Brazilian BBQ down near the sea.. for €12.50 eat all you can.. they come round with meat on skewers served straight from the BBQ.. so many different types and you just eat as much as you like.. great food.. great staff! All in all we had a lovely stay at a lovely hotel and will return again! p.s everything is in walking distance if you don't have a car and might i suggest a visit to the donkey sanctuary.. it's on the edge of town .. not a big place but so need public support. You pay €2 contribution and get a bucket of food to feed the donkey/horses/pigs! Great for kids.. or anyone who likes animals!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Modern,v. clean and friendly, but what value for money.Parking an issue, but if you know Nerja there are free places but not many and not near the hostel. That said I really recommend the Abril.They provide internet and WiFi, as I stayed five nights the price was reduced without me asking. Very convenient for the centre and bus station if you need it. Ten mins from Auto via.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We came to Nerja for 1 day and 1 night and fell in love with Nerja and with Hostal Abril.
Hostal Abril is one of those places that you do not realize how wonderful a place it is until you step inside. It is family run, warm and inviting, and the location is perfect. There is a beautiful garden where you can sit enjoy the sun, read a book or just snooze. We were on the top floor with a large very comfortable room and a balcony that was well situated.
There are many restaurants, very close and a great place across the street for breakfast. The family does everything to ensure that your stay at their hostel and in Nerja is a time you will never forget.
Hostal Abril puts you in the middle of everything, and the to the staff you are evrything.
Our place to return. My 5 star rating.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the top floor.