“Amazing caves”

Frigiliana and Nerja Day Trip from Malaga
Ranked #2 of 52 things to do in Nerja
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: With a volume of more than 100,000 m3 and a surface covering 9,371 m2, the Tourist galleries represent approximately one-third of the cave. The cave has been used as a habitat, a burial site and for cultural expression. There are remnants testifying to the passage of hunters, gatherers and fishermen from more than 30,000 years ago. The General Visit starts with the screening of a audiovisual presentation in which you will be able to see spectacular details of the cave (10 minutes). Then an audio-guided visit through the different chambers of the Cave, in a pleasant walk of about 45 minutes where you will discover the many secrets the grotto keeps (audio-guided in Spanish, English, German, French, Italian and Russian). When the cave closes its doors, a small group of privileged people can enter the mystery of the underworld to enjoy the magnificence and beauty of the cave, and discover its secrets. You can choose between three modalities of Exclusive Tours
Irthlingborough
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Amazing caves”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I went to Nerja Caves whilst staying in Torrox Pueblo. The caves are absolutely amazing. It is a 1.5 km walk around and quite a few steps etc. I did not rent the audio equipment but I am going back next July with the family so will do that then. It was quite busy even though it was October because there were some froups of school children but there is plenty of room. There is a nice restaurant/bar outside and although I only had a snack there was a menu fro dinner which looked tasy. I will definitely take the family there in July.

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
San Francisco
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Pretty impressive, but you do want to pay for audio guides”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed at Malaga and took an ALSA bus to the end of the line to visit the Nerja caves. It was a nice visit into an impressive and large cave. Large tours do walk through the cave, but if you are on your own you do need to rent the audio guide to get some information regarding the discovery of the caves and other perspectives. There is a nice restaurant outside of the cave that was not too expensive and the food was decent. The trip made for a good outing.

Scotland
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Excellent visit”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Well worth visiting, very impressive cave system. Reasonable amount of walking, so not suitable for anyone with mobility issues. We visited fairly rely in the day and it was once and quiet, but there were coach tours arriving later. Plenty room inside however, would take a lot of people to fill it up.

Devonport, United Kingdom
132 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 269 helpful votes
“Remote viewing.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was unable to visit the caves which was very disappointing. Its for the fit and mobile. With some envy I watched my husband as he set out to view these magnificent caves. I had to settle for a virtual tour with sound track. Along with a copy of a glossy book on the caves, i did the visit my way. A member of staff checked up on me to see if I needed any further information. She was so kind. When my husband returned I had a first hand account. There are a lot of stairs to negotiate and he was pleased he had a torch due to low lighting at times. He is happy he has seen the caves. Every year there are concerts in the caves. I believe in July with tickets going on sale in May but do check this online. Although I couldn't visit the caves myself I am so pleased I went and cannot speak too highly of the way I was treated.

1 Thank Worldstar44
Wales
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Nerja”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The caves are excellent some of the best in Europe about 6 Euro entrance fee but lots of steps on way out not for peo[ple with walking problems, Nerja town is just O.K the so called Balconey of Europe has stunning views for about 30 mins but no real beaches, other than the cove that is in all the brochures