Hotel Carabeo
$131
$125
$186
  • Pool
All reviewsthe penthousetapas barsuckling pigour honeymoonel salonoverlooking the sealower terracegreat terracewould highly recommend this hotelquiet streetfantastic staylong weekendside streetfantastic hotellittle gemlucancalahonda
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Our stay in Hotel Carabeo 34 was to celebrate my partner's birthday and we had a wonderful time. We stayed in one of the sea view suites and the room was superb as was the service. It was an absolute joy to leave the room in the morning for breakfast and to return to find our room serviced and spotlessly clean. All the staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay and we were especially grateful to Placido in the Tapas Bar for his attentive and helpful service during our stay. In addition to several visits to the Tapas Bar we also ate twice in the Restaurant during our stay and we found the food and service to be of the highest quality on both occasions. So why "almost perfect"? We thought that the breakfasts could have been improved and especially the attempt ( very well meant I'm sure) to provide a moderately heated cabinet with a fried English pre-cooked breakfast which didn't work. Secondly and probably more difficult to resolve, was the horrible plastic roof over part of the indoor restaurant which was visible from our room terrace. Perhaps this seems a little harsh as if you raise your eyes a little you look out onto one of the most perfect sea views I've been fortunate enough to witness. We'll be back #34. My beautiful lady has a big birthday next year and where else could be better to celebrate? I forgot to mention the help we got from Margaret this year to make Sylvia's birthday this special. We love this Hotel and when we win the Euromillions we're going to come and live there until the money runs out!

Room Tip: It has to be one of the sea view suites!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2014

If you're looking for panoramic sea views, friendly service and delicious food in Nerja, look no further! Dinner here was excellent from start to finish. The service was excellent, the staff were warm and friendly (but not 'in your face'!) and the food was beautifully presented, fresh, generous portion sizes, and delicious. The ambience was enhanced by two guitarists playing discreetly beside the pool in the extensive, landscaped terrace. Overall a very special evening. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Last night two friends and I ate at Restaurant 34. We were shown to a fantastic table overlooking the pool and had Passionfruit Bellinis whilst waiting for our starters. We shared Breseola with parmesan and rocket ( delicious ), stuffed courgette flowers with chili jam which would have been the best starter I have ever had except I hadn´t yet tried the mussels with Bloody Mary sauce. Absolutely a genious idea! Luckily there was bread to mop up the sauce or I would have been licking the bowl. The lobster main course was to die for, cooked perfectly and with a delicios light sauce which can so easily overwhelm the delicate flavour of the lobster, in this instance it was perfect. We shared a wonderful bottle of Perrier Jouet Rose and a equally good Baron De Ley Red and never touched either bottle as it was all taken care of by the lovely, friendly, attentative staff one of whom placed a Pashmina round my bare shoulders so I wouldn´t be cold, that´s what I call first class service! The managers and owner could not have been more gracious and welcoming, will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Went for an Anniversary meal, what a beautiful restaurant, inside & on the terraces. We chose a table overlooking the pool, excellent service, very attentive. Food was spectacular, definatley worth the money. Glass of cava at the end was a bonus! Luvley atmosphere, 2 Spanish musicians playing, very romantic!! Enjoyed it tremendously.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Made this return visit to the hotel to use a voucher given as present.
Initially just booked 2 nights as we were leaving our existing holiday rental in Marbella to go up to Nerja.
The hotel is so good we extended our stay for a further 3 days and even after that were very tempted to extend it further.
The meal in 34 was as fabulous as ever and probably my favorite meal of an extended tour in the area in which we dined very well indeed. It was certainly the best service by a way.
I passed comment at the end of the night that I couldn't remember ever dining in a fully booked restaurant of patrons that were obviously enjoying the experience just as much as i was.
The staff in all aspects of both the hotel and restaurant are superb and anyone in the hospitality industry that needs a few lessons or a wake up call could do worse that book a stay and a meal here.
We hope to return very soon and often.

Room Tip: The hotel has 2 standard type rooms, a few junior suits with great balcony views over the Med and a penthouse. Pick the 1 that suits you but book well in advance. All are very comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple