$268
$108
$103
  • Restaurant
Hostal Abril(Nerja)(Great Value!)
All reviewsda carloring hobapartment was spotlessdoor stepthe maintenance manfab locationenjoyed my staytorrecilla beachnerja townbeachesbarslaundrettemaids
Reviewed November 10, 2009

The rooms were small and basic but clean. The fridge located next to the beds was very noisy. The staff were very helpful and friendly, most able to speak english. The location was ideal. The pool was disappointingly small and overlooked by some of the apartments and only open at certain times during the day. As a base these apartments are ideal and we would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suzyqyokshire
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I can't knock the apartments for price or the service you recieve, very friendly staff with all needs basicly catered for, this was just somewhere to crash out when we were done, perfect for location and price, my only complaint would be the room was used by a smoker prior us and the smell remained throughout our stay, the room was clean enough and linnen replaced as requested, yes the views were poor but we didn't go to sit in the hotel, with the beach less than 200m away why would you want to?

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank David01Durham
Reviewed September 15, 2009

ok, i too booked this hotel and then read all the reviews and ended biteing my nails to the wick. i booked this a s a present for my mum im 26 and thought it would be a nice place to take her for some R and R for a week and cannot afford much.

i was terrified from the reviews i had read, i dont mind where i stay but was concerned for my mum.
but hay ho i got an amaizng deal and went for it with the view ... who spends more than a few hours in the room any way and in all honesty you get what you pay for.

but on arrival i found the girl at reception so sweet and welcoming, explaing our room wasnt avaible so they were up grading us and they gave us a little starter pack of food for us.
yes the pool is small and shadey but if you read the reviews like i did i knew this already and found out where the closest beach were instead.

our room was lovley, simple, clean and spaciouse we were lucky and got a room at the front i wouldnt have been so happy with a view of the car park. but everythign worked well and plenty of plates etc even a tea towel lol, kettel, toster AND MICROWAVE!!!!

little tip if you take the card for the elec off of the door key and leave it in all day the FREE airco works much better and is so nice to return to a cool room from the beach.

all in all i would happly return to this self catering appartments and will def go back to nerja an amaizng place and so relaxed.

please please please do not be put off with some of the reviews but if you are expecting it to be more than 2* and mind sweeping your own floors and cleaning a little then this is NOT the place for you. but if you want clean, safe basic accomadation at a great price then i highly recommend it.

hope that helps. x

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
6  Thank LondonGemz
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Initially very worried after reading all the negative reviews, after I had already booked the cheap deal I found, I even enquired about changing accommodation but decided against it when I couldnt find anything with such a good location at such a cheap price. Anyway, we went with an open mind, certainly not expecting much at all. Although the apartments are "tired", they were better than expected... not the Ritz, but we didnt pay the Ritz prices. In our opinion the rooms served their purpose, yes the studio looked out onto the stair well, with people passing, but we probably only spent 2-3 waking hours in there anyway, so not too put off by this, everything close by, central but not rowdy. Reception staff polite and helpful, the only thing we did feel was a problem was the ineffective aircon. The system is obviously dated and during the night, when the aircon was running it didnt really keep the room cool and it did become quite stifling, dont think we could have managed two weeks there unless it was cooler weather. Dont expect too much, you get what you pay for, we would go back in the cooler months if we return to Nerja.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SueCheshireUk
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I picked this hotel/apts because of its central location, thats the only positive thing I have to write!!. I picked the hotel because having 2 small boys I wanted a pool to sunbathe around, the tiny pool is at the front of the hotel and is constantly in the shade as it is overlooked by the apts, there is no place to sit around it. The room was tiny and the kitchen is unusable as it is set in a tiny alcove in the corner and there is nowhere to prepare any food. there was only one bowl in the cupboard, and the equipment is poor. The fridge was in the main room next to the beds and was very noisy when it kicked in!!! the beds are very small and uncomfortable. The recreation room off the terrace at the front was full of equipment that was broken, the pool table was ripped and the cue broken and balls missing!!! there is free view Sky in there though. the staff are not very friendly and as we arrived were greeted with a sign to say that they were in the restaurant. All in all this was a terrible place and apart from being central and cheap there are no other positives, it needs some money spending on it to get it up to scratch and would say avoid at all costs!!!!..I hope the 2 English girls i spoke to on the day of my leaving had a better time than we did!!!! I would recommend nerja as a place though, very nice indeed!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family