Bajamar(Nerja)
  • Breakfast included
$197
$174
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $207/night.

$260
$268
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsda carloring hobapartment was spotlessdoor stepfab locationenjoyed my staytorrecilla beachnerja townbeachesbarslaundrette
Reviewed February 12, 2009

Whilst we knew we had booked a very reasonalbly priced holiday at the Mediterraneo we did'nt quite expect to get what we got.
Ok the apartment was tiny yes it was smaller than the hotel room at the airport in Liverpool. That was'nt the only problem the main problem was that the toilet pan was loose therefore you could'nt sit on it, the table was wonky and had nails sticking out and the worst was the beading down the side of the wall by the bed also had large tacks sticking out which I caught my arm on once (had to climb into bed from the bottom).
We asked for a change of apartment so that I could at lease get into bed comfortably and have a pee without having to do a balancing act. They sent a man to fix the problems and I had a phone call from the desk to say they had another apartment for me. We were delighted it was still a studio but was huge and had a balcony ( I knew I was't having a balcony so this was a bonus) this was wonderful so we said yes to the move. After we moved Joanna told us that we had to pay 50 euros for that apartment. We agree but she then said that she wanted cash. We offered out credit card and she refused saying she could only take cash (they had the usual card sticker on the door saying they did take cards).
We held out till the last day and then she finally agreed to take the payment. We felt that we should not have paid so much for the relpacement apartment as the place was half empty and we had not requested a balcony just a functional room. Joanna said that she needed the cash to pay the cleaner because we had used the studio one night. Can I clean there 50euros for half an hours work? I'll take some of that.
We are convinced that they put us in that apartment on purpose because it was so bad and would ask to be moved. It happened to many people while we were there and apparently it was going on the previous week.
Nerja was lovely and we met some lovely people there but the problems at the Mediterrano spoilt our stay.
Would I go back there? no never, we felt conned out of 50euros and also felt that it was not above board, one couple were asked for 100euros !!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank funtas_8
Reviewed October 10, 2008

My wife and I stayed in the Mediterraneo Apartments for the second year in a row this September.As we were going home early on Sat 4th, October I paid my bill in full on the Friday.We went out Friday night between 1830 and 2400 and when we returned we found that nearly €200 had been taken and our bags had been searched.
We were absolutely appaled - it was bad enough losing the money, but the thought that someone had been through our stuff is just too much.
While waiting for our taxi the next morning I tried to tell the night guy but all I got was "no hablo".
On returning to Cork I e-mailed the Med. Apts and got a "very sorry..." reply.I rang them the day after and still got no satisfaction - "maybe you didn't close your door"
We are very hurt and disappointed. We have been going to Nerja for the last 10 years - 2 to the Mediterraneo. I'm not sure about Nerja but we certainly won't be going back to the Mditerraneo.

• Stayed: September 2008
3  Thank corky_8
Reviewed August 21, 2008

yes the rooms are basic if you want to cook a three course meal ! but for a bacon butty in the morning its ideal. kitchen cooker had two rings hot running water kettle toaster and utensils there was also an iron and ironing board,satalite tv but only one english channel but then we werent there to watch tv,air conditioning that actually worked.the rooms were very clean although basic but well laid out.we had a breakfast table in the room and a balcony with a table and two chairs.also there is a phone in the room.the pool is a dipping pool with no where to sun bathe but the beach is litterly across the road so spent our time there.the bar is very cheap and is open till 11.30 every night apart from a wednesday when it is closed-try the restaurant out you get 15%off all food and drinks and the meals are brill,i got pork loin with chips and salad you get 3 loins of pork loads of chips and salad my son had pizza that night and two beers and it was 12 euros.we had to be out of our room at 10am but they have a courtesy suite you can use which has shower and toiletries you can use,we also left our cases there while we went for a walk.the staff are lovely too very helpful and kind.there are two supermarkets at the front of the hotel but we discovered one at the back of the apartments,turn left when you come out of the apartments then left again head up to the baby shop and turn left its straight up there and because it is spanish its alot cheaper.there are plenty of bars outside the apartments but we always went up into burrianae which is about 5min walk there are nice beaches up here too. the beach across from the apartments is nice its 4euros per sunbed which meant 8euros per day for us so we bought a parasol for 7euros and used our beach towels.the beach does get busy so be down for about 10.30 to get a space and be prepared for people tp set up right next to you and i mean right beside you.the water here is lovely too very clean.i would say it costs a bit more here for food and stuff-than say benidorm,and it is very quiet but it is lovely no lager louts.my son who is 15 was aloud to drink as long as he was with an adult.there is also an internet cafe up to the right of the apartments and a glass of beer is only 1.25euro.well reccomended place to visit for families, would i go back to these apartments? yes i would

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank ramonageri
Reviewed June 24, 2008

We stayed here from 15th - 22nd June in a one bed apt.The apt was small and the furnishings were a bit tired but more than adequate for 2 people. We had a balcony overlooking the street which was no problem as the road was very quiet at night. The great thing about these apts is the location about 100 metres from Torecilla beach and a 10 minute walk to the old town and the Balcon. Burriana beach which is the biggest flatest one in Nerja is a good 30 -40 min walk and on the way back there are very steep hills and a lot of steps to get up to reach the level of the town so not for the faint hearted. There are limited no of sunbeds for hire on Torrecilla beach at 4 euro each and these can be prebooked for the following day if you are lucky enough to get one. The price of sunbeds to buy in the resort is prohibitive as they look for 55 - 75 euro for one you can buy for £14 back home, so if you are a good packer consider taking your own as part of your 20 kilo allowance then you can go wherever you want on the beach.
There are two supermarkets beside the apts for essentials but it is cheaper to shop at one of the bigger ones in the town of whch there are 3 or four, especially for cheap beer and wine, you can walk there and get a taxi back and do your shopping in one hit.
There are lots of good restaurants very close to the apts of which I would recommend Jamica for value and quality but there are also stacks more places as you walk around the old town.
you can do a tour of the town by horse drawn carriage 30 euro or by tourist mini train ? Be careful of the mexican restaurant which looks lovely but is seriously overpriced and the portions are small.
All in all a great location with a market on the doorstep on Tues and Sun from 10 to 1pm.
Enjoy yourself they are great value for money.

Stayed: June 2008