Bajamar
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop poolsmall balconybalcony overlooking streetcafe attacheddouble glazingair concafe barstar hoteltutti frutti squaretwo night stayrooms are basicclean hotelbalcon de europabrilliant hotelno hot watera lot of noiseend of september
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for two weeks in September 2012, having booked direct with the hotel. (400 euros for the room). I had requested a room on a high floor and was given exactly that (room 304). The room was spotless, of adequate size and had excellent air con. There wasn't much of a view from the room, although the rooms at the front of the hotel may have had a view of the mountains. This was fine with me as I never go away with the intention of spending much time on the balcony. However, the view from the rooftop pool was fabulous, mountains in one direction and the sea in the other. The pool was small but lovely and again very clean. There were a number of sunbeds but no umberellas. There were walls and plants that provided shade if needed. On a couple of occassions we were the only people at the pool for the whole day, even though the hotel was full when we stayed.
The reception staff were friendly and check in was very quick and easy. There was a lift in the hotel although the walk to the 3rd floor wasn't too bad.
There was a cafe right next door to the hotel that served excellent coffee. We never ate there so I can't comment on the food. There was a bar at the other side of the hotel which was reasonably priced and served enormous, complimentary tapas with the drinks!
The hotel is around five minutes walk from Balcon du Europa and Calahondra beach. We found numerous ways of walking there along the cobbled streets.
Calahondra beach is lovely, with 2 sunbeds and a shade for 8 euros a day. I noticed that you can pay in advance and the man who hires out the beds will reserve you a bed for the following day. The beach bar, Papagoya, is lovely. Excellent food and very chilled.
There are too many bars/restaraunts to mention but two of our particular favourites were, Little Italy and Strada. Little Italy was unbelievebly cheap and the food was excellent. We had a starter, two mains (fabulous sea food linguini), 3 glasses of wine and 3 soft drinks for less than 16 euros!
One of the restaraunts overlooking the beach was Portofino. The food was good and the views were beautiful but the service was so bad it was actually funny. The girls who work there don't seem to care at all. They took our order and half an hour later we hadn't received our food. I asked the waitress where it was and she said she forgot. At this time there were only six people in the restaraunt, seated at two tables! She also 'forgot' our drinks, desserts and coffee! We were at first sat in the sun until it became too hot, so we moved to a table in the shade. The waitress told us that it wasn't possible to do this but couldn't tell us why. Needless to say we sat in the shade. Because the food was good we gave this restaraunt another try on a different day. The service was just as bad.
Nerja is a lovely town. People were friendly and let me practice my terrible Spanish without laughing too much.
There were some lovely shops and I don't know why but shoes were incredibly cheap!
I wouls recommend Nerja and especially Hotel Bajamar to anyone.

Room Tip: Room 304 was quite, with no rooms directly joining it. rooms at the front of the hotel may have a better view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Surfergirl01
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently stayed here for 4 nights and was pleasantly surprised.... just a stones throw away from Tutti Fruitti and Nerja Village the hotel is ideally located. Even with its close proximity to Tuttu Fruitti its very quiet and you are sure of a good nights sleep.
The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. There were only 2 faults I had with the room and they are the reason I haven't given this a 5 star review. Firstly there is a tv on the wall that is very small and did not have any english stations at all, although not necessary it would have been nice to even a news station. Secondly Nerja is a warm place and if you planned on staying in your room for any amount of time there wasnt really anywhere to keep drinks cold this was a problem for us as we would stay in the room.
The pool is small but was not a issue for us while we were there as on any occasion we were at the pool we were the only people there for the entire day which was nice, I couldnt promise that this is the situation in high season though.
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and I would definitely recommend to friends and family to use this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and had amazing views!! Ask for the top floor on the front of the hotel for this view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Just returned home from staying at the bajamar hotel for two weeks. This was a brilliant hotel, very clean & central to everything. Nerja is the most beautiful place I've ever visited. Had a fabulous two week holiday here & we can't wait to return :)

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We are just back from this hotel and found it to be spotless clean everywhere from the rooms to the rooftop pool area, the staff were so friendly and pleasent and the location is excellent also the price we could not fault we really liked this hotel and the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank bock
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. Very clean hotel with friendly and helpful staff. I would highly recommend it to people.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends