“We want to go back :-)”

Marinas de Nerja Aparthotel
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Nerja
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Very beautifull & nice hotel.
We had very nice views, we could see the beach, the sea, palmtrees, swimming pool!
Very friendly staff! Various delicious breakfast!
The rooms were very comfortable, big, up-to-date & clean.
Beds & pillows were very good too! We slept like babies :-)
We love to go back there!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank LJ000
There are newer reviews for Marinas de Nerja Aparthotel

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a week all inclusive at the Marinas de Nerja and found it perfect for us. The staff were excellent, the one bedroom apartment spacious and well appointed and the food very good. We have stayed in several other hotels in Nerja and this one beats them all. The location was ideal for us, nice and quiet with a large car park. People who have complained about the walk into town really need to learn to use their legs!!. A 25 minute stroll along the beach was a great, relaxing way to start the day. We will in future stay nowhere else in Nerja,

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank keswickpete
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Spa was an extraordinary experience One poor woman attempting to do everything herself....hair stylist receptionist and masseuse!! Alkali at the same time. Poor experience. Almost left many times but sympathy for Julia kept me there. She kept a smile on her face despite it all. However I would not go back. Not even for one of those smiles

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank thehelsbels
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here in June 2012 but don't know why it has taken me so long to write my review!

I shared a room with my parents. The bedroom and bathroom were very spacious and clean. However, I had a sofa bed in the living room. While this was very comfortable it was a bit annoying if I needed to 'spend a penny' during the night as I needed to walk through my parents' bedroom to get to the bathroom.

We only ate at the hotel for one night as we chose to self cater or eat in one of Nerja's lovely restaurants during our stay. Like the vast majority of self catering establishments in Europe the facilities are limited but there was a good supermarket at the end of the road (not the place by the hotel) which we did our shopping at. We made the most of the cooking facilities and managed to have a few meals albeit with a bit of imagination thrown in!

The walk to the aforementioned supermarket and town centre is pleasant but it took us around 20 minutes or so. You can either walk along the beach or the main road. Our only problem was walking back to the hotel with bags of shopping when it is boiling hot! A shuttle bus to the town centre or a better equipped supermarket by the hotel would have been appreciated. However, taxis can easily be booked by one of the helpful staff at reception.

Nerja is a fabulous resort and feels more authentically Spanish than some of the typical places frequented by Brits. I would not hesitate to visit Nerja again but while this was a lovely hotel I would choose somewhere slightly closer to town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Esmel
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We are here until tomorrow over New years. The First days everything was Super & also the New years Gala was great, very Engaged Nice staff... Rooms are very Basic and you sleep on Single beds that are Not comfy, but ok. We had a great view, Even on 2nd floor. Food is ok, but nothing to Write home about. Waiters and Male reception staff was Super and always Nice! However the Bar staff is Super unfriendly and the receptionista (female with dark Hair) was unbelievable unfriendly. After one week all inclusive i asked the first time for a sandwich in the afternoon at the bar....First of all i get Served a cold wabbly toast with half a slice of cheese... Thats all. I asked is it possible to Toast that? No, only for People who Pay a la carte Said the waiter. And no tries to make me happy whatsoever.. So rude! I Went up to this reception Lady, that was on the Phone and let me wait for 10 min. Without giving me a sign that she will be with me, only to give me a Rude answer And Turn her back on me! We are Traveling a lot, for Business and for holidays and I an really amazed at this Low Level of Customer Service. I am very sad to have an Incident like this on my Last Day... What a shame!

• Stayed: January 2013
7  Thank MunichEverAfter
Reviewed December 18, 2012

just had a month there on a Saga holiday and enjoyed it so much, weather was very kind to us The beauty of the holiday was you had an apartment which gave so much space,also more comfortable than a hotel room for watching english tv [another bonus] and reading,but we also had all inclusive. The hotel is just outside Nerja but you could easily walk in we did there and back both in 70s/80s. We got about about quite a lot which was easy to do on the buses up the coast to Torrox / Torre del Mar / Malaga, also the other direction to Almunecar.On the negative side i think it was the only hote not to have a tree or Christmas decs up, we are usually away this time of year and not come across it before.

Room Tip: all good depends if you want sun but all have sea view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank hullhols
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This Aparthotel is a classic example of the phrase "It does what is says on the tin". I have stopped here many times over the last couple of years because it is extremely convenient for my needs. This time as I was travelling without my wife I took a studio which provided a small kitchenette with everything that you would want for a short stay. The room had two large single beds, sofa, table, 42" flat screen TV with UK channels, good sized bathroom and a balcony overlooking the sea.
Breakfast is buffet style with eggs and omelettes cooked to order and provides a good start to the day. It's true what many people had written that the hotel does look a little bit tired and could do with updating, but the staff are great and the prices are reasonable. If you have a hire car there is plenty of space for parking which you do not get in the town centre and of course it's free. Although they state that WiFi is only available in the reception area I found that it worked perfectly well in my room and it's free of charge.
If you want a hotel with the convenience of an apartment and you are not too fussed about being in the town centre then I would recommend the Marinas De Nerja Aparthotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
9  Thank tashman1234
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nerja
Hotel Riu Monica
IBEROSTAR Malaga Playa
Parador de Nerja
Parador de Nerja
#3 of 37 in Nerja

Been to Marinas de Nerja Aparthotel? Share your experiences!