“Distinctly adequate....just”

Marinas de Nerja Aparthotel
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Nerja
“Distinctly adequate....just”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Spa was an extraordinary experience One poor woman attempting to do everything herself....hair stylist receptionist and masseuse!! Alkali at the same time. Poor experience. Almost left many times but sympathy for Julia kept me there. She kept a smile on her face despite it all. However I would not go back. Not even for one of those smiles

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank thehelsbels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Polish first
Reading, UK
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here in June 2012 but don't know why it has taken me so long to write my review!

I shared a room with my parents. The bedroom and bathroom were very spacious and clean. However, I had a sofa bed in the living room. While this was very comfortable it was a bit annoying if I needed to 'spend a penny' during the night as I needed to walk through my parents' bedroom to get to the bathroom.

We only ate at the hotel for one night as we chose to self cater or eat in one of Nerja's lovely restaurants during our stay. Like the vast majority of self catering establishments in Europe the facilities are limited but there was a good supermarket at the end of the road (not the place by the hotel) which we did our shopping at. We made the most of the cooking facilities and managed to have a few meals albeit with a bit of imagination thrown in!

The walk to the aforementioned supermarket and town centre is pleasant but it took us around 20 minutes or so. You can either walk along the beach or the main road. Our only problem was walking back to the hotel with bags of shopping when it is boiling hot! A shuttle bus to the town centre or a better equipped supermarket by the hotel would have been appreciated. However, taxis can easily be booked by one of the helpful staff at reception.

Nerja is a fabulous resort and feels more authentically Spanish than some of the typical places frequented by Brits. I would not hesitate to visit Nerja again but while this was a lovely hotel I would choose somewhere slightly closer to town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Esmel
Munich
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We are here until tomorrow over New years. The First days everything was Super & also the New years Gala was great, very Engaged Nice staff... Rooms are very Basic and you sleep on Single beds that are Not comfy, but ok. We had a great view, Even on 2nd floor. Food is ok, but nothing to Write home about. Waiters and Male reception staff was Super and always Nice! However the Bar staff is Super unfriendly and the receptionista (female with dark Hair) was unbelievable unfriendly. After one week all inclusive i asked the first time for a sandwich in the afternoon at the bar....First of all i get Served a cold wabbly toast with half a slice of cheese... Thats all. I asked is it possible to Toast that? No, only for People who Pay a la carte Said the waiter. And no tries to make me happy whatsoever.. So rude! I Went up to this reception Lady, that was on the Phone and let me wait for 10 min. Without giving me a sign that she will be with me, only to give me a Rude answer And Turn her back on me! We are Traveling a lot, for Business and for holidays and I an really amazed at this Low Level of Customer Service. I am very sad to have an Incident like this on my Last Day... What a shame!

• Stayed January 2013
7 Thank MunichEverAfter
east yorkshire
Reviewed December 18, 2012

just had a month there on a Saga holiday and enjoyed it so much, weather was very kind to us The beauty of the holiday was you had an apartment which gave so much space,also more comfortable than a hotel room for watching english tv [another bonus] and reading,but we also had all inclusive. The hotel is just outside Nerja but you could easily walk in we did there and back both in 70s/80s. We got about about quite a lot which was easy to do on the buses up the coast to Torrox / Torre del Mar / Malaga, also the other direction to Almunecar.On the negative side i think it was the only hote not to have a tree or Christmas decs up, we are usually away this time of year and not come across it before.

Room Tip: all good depends if you want sun but all have sea view
10 Thank hullhols
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This Aparthotel is a classic example of the phrase "It does what is says on the tin". I have stopped here many times over the last couple of years because it is extremely convenient for my needs. This time as I was travelling without my wife I took a studio which provided a small kitchenette with everything that you would want for a short stay. The room had two large single beds, sofa, table, 42" flat screen TV with UK channels, good sized bathroom and a balcony overlooking the sea.
Breakfast is buffet style with eggs and omelettes cooked to order and provides a good start to the day. It's true what many people had written that the hotel does look a little bit tired and could do with updating, but the staff are great and the prices are reasonable. If you have a hire car there is plenty of space for parking which you do not get in the town centre and of course it's free. Although they state that WiFi is only available in the reception area I found that it worked perfectly well in my room and it's free of charge.
If you want a hotel with the convenience of an apartment and you are not too fussed about being in the town centre then I would recommend the Marinas De Nerja Aparthotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank tashman1234
North-West
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We booked a two night stay for an anniversary treat. We were given a two-bed apartment instead of a one bed, which wasn't required however this gave us the opportunity to see the size of a family room should we wish to return with the children for a longer stay.
The rooms have a seperate kitchen with a 2 ring hob, microwave and fridge. The television provided english and spainish channels. We only had breakfast included but I have to say for a hotel in Spain (they are not renowned for high quaility breakfast choices) this was not bad every thing was hot, fresh and there was a a good choice. The hotel bar was higher than you'd pay from a bar in town but they certainly werent taking your money with a mask and gun. They even had a young lad from the animations team offering a game of darts etc. to the guests.
It was too cold for a dip in the outdoor pool but it did look tempting. The Spa is located on the ground floor, the spa circuit was fantastic just what we both needed. We also treated our selves to some additional treatments which were wonderful and very professionally done.
The staff on the whole were helpful, the cleaners were very friendly. My only critisism of the staff was the women working the hotel bar was chewing gum (mouth open eew!!) and sullen, not really 4 star standards.
My only critisism was the hotel needed a good lick of paint and the new soft furnishings to bring it in line with it's ratings, however we did comment to our selves that it was November, end of season and that perhaps a repaint was scheduled for the new year. All things considered mainly down to its facilities and lovely views I would definately use this hotel again.

5 Thank woundup
Middelburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 19, 2012

being here for the third time was very good although the stay more poor was then other years due to the bad weather.
MdN is a good average hotel for people who are not looking for a very luxery stay
before we had our stay here, we travelled around in Andalucia and then stopped in Nerja for the final days

Room Tip: the studio is enough for a short stay
3 Thank IJscoman Kees G