All reviewsroof terracebars and restaurantscentral locationeach morninglocation is greatcouple of nightsjanehostsbeachesearplugsbalconies
Reviewed January 5, 2013

If you're looking for the best reasonably priced accommodation in Nerja (quite possibly all of Spain) then look no further. Just book it - you won't regret it. Ian, Jane & Hannah are the nicest people you will ever meet and they have perfected the art of hospitality. They work very hard to make it look effortless. My wife and I have just spent 5 nights there and we had a fabulous time. We will be going back, and recommending it to all our friends. The location is ideal for exploring the terrific tapas bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front have great views but there can be a bit of noise from the street. It never bothered us.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deedahblade
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My mother and I visited Hostal Miguel on a last minute decision to visit the Mediterranean. We were pleasantly surprised upon our arrival to Nerja, Spain. Ian, Jane, and Hannah make the stay a comfortable, easy, and relaxing. We turned our one night stay into two nights because we loved the location so much. Our room overlooked the road and we loved hearing the hustle and bustle. Ian was helpful in recommending restaurants in the area, shops, and beach strolls. The rooms are basic but we enjoyed our small terrace. It was a wonderful surprise and would highly recommend it for a relaxing stop in southern Spain.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mrsvdub
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Hard to find more accommodating hosts. Very clean, cozy and comfortable. We could have stayed here for weeks but we had plans. It is the perfect location to enjoy Nerja. We hope to return soon. Ian and Jane were extremely helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank intlmanmystery
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed in this hostel on may own and can honestly say Ian and Jane looked after me extremely well, my husband joined me for the second week and was as impressed as I was.
Breakfasts were excellent full English nearly everyday I'm afraid!
Rooms are very clean got to try two different rooms first one at the back of the hostel very quiet second room at the front was great as you were right in the heart of the town have to be honest though was woken by the bin men in this room!
However that was our choice so won't say anymore.
Have been to Nerja lots of times and can say one of the best places we have stayed!
Belated thanks to Ian and Jane.
Rating for swimming pool and fitness centre are not applicable but could'nt amend!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alice150363
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Just spent a fortnight staying in hostal miguel and cannot speak too highly of it. The accommodation was first class and the view from the roof terrace is fantastic. But what really made it for me was the friendliness, attentiveness to any special requirements and the family atmosphere Ian and Jane have created. They just could not do enough for me. I have travelled extensively over the years and this is by far the friendliest accommodation I have been in.
Many thanks Ian and Jane for going "that extra mile". I arrived a stranger and left a friend!!
Hasta la luego!