“Excellent last meal of the holiday”
Review of Bakus

Bakus
Ranked #4 of 405 Restaurants in Nerja
Cuisines: European, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We took a gamble and didn't reserve a table, but when we arrived we had a welcome from the waiter and he found us a table. The staff are lovely and have a great sense of humour, the wine was very good value for money, the decor and most of the all, the food was mouth waveringly amazing. So tasty, beautifully presented, good VFM. I had white fish with a salad that was just gorgeous. I would certainly book to eat here again and again! The only disappointment I had initially was that the menu isn't Spanish in orientation at all.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went here on my birthday, what can I say, Just superb, if you love food, you must go here, top notch food but very reasonably priced, excellent location, 10 out 10

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Have been many times to Calabazer so we were very excited that Bakus has arrived to take over he old carabao cafe corner .
Staff warm and welcoming food excellen and good value as was our favourite wine .
First dinner of many . Already booked for next time ,

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Very well positioned in a pedestrianised street and with sea view from the terrace, Bakhus certainly creates a good first impression. Service was a bit dozy, but our drinks eventually arrived whilst we scoured through the varied modern menu. Starters of mozzarella salad and duck salad took an age to arrive but were really very good, fresh and well presented.

After a further wait mains proved a triumph. My loin of cod on a bed of white beans showed a great concentration of flavour, the fish dense and very fresh. A superb, simple plate of food! My desert a bit of a disappointment. Overall I would describe this as a very good food experience; had we been under any sort of time pressure we would have had a different view. The kitchen clearly works to high standards; I wonder if they need more hands?

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Having heard good reports we made a visit but unfortunately I cannot concur. The service was almost non existant and not welcoming having to wait 55 mins for our starters on what was not a busy night
The main course eventually arrived and was average at best and although apologies were given for the delay the damage was done
At no time did we see anyone other than the waiter and having expressed our views to him discreetly felt that senior staff would have enquired as to our dissatisfaction
We are regular diners in Nerja over many years and do hope that management take these views into account

3  Thank Wtg123