“Amazing value, very clean and extremely friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nerja Club

Nerja Club
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Nerja
Nerja, Spain
“Amazing value, very clean and extremely friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2009

The fact that so many people return to this hotel year after year speaks volumes. The minute you enter the hotel you are given a warm welcome by the friendly staff. The manager, Antonio Roman, is a genial man who does his very best to ensure that all guests are happy.
The rooms are spotlessly clean and simply furnished and the food, especially the breakfast is excellent.
The pool area, the conservatory and lounge are lovely places to relax, depending on the season.
With google maps you can easily see that the hotel is approximately 10 mins from the beach (a bit longer on the way back as it is uphill!) and about 15 mins walk to the charming centre of Nerja.
We will return

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank spaindan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Korean first
London UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2009

When you read the reviews of the Nerja Club you will see wildly opposing views..
It's one of those places that you either love or hate. If you want five star luxury and gourmet food, this is not the place to be... But if you want a friendly atmosphere and clean basic rooms then this is it. On bear in mind, you get what you pay for, this place is cheap, especially if you book using this websites price finder.. I am looking at 10 days in march 2010 and for B & B its only £35 a night for the two of us..
My wife and I are in our fifties and I think this is the type of clientele best suited to this place, I would not say it was a young peoples place... All staff were friendly and helpful ..
I was not keen on the food in the dining room but light snacks in the bar or by the pool were pretty good.. There are some excellent and cheap eateries down at the Burriana beach.. A car would be handy, unless you enjoy a good walk.. A small car rented for a week from the airport is cheaper than the cost of a return taxi trip to Nerja.
Entertainment was a bit cheesey, second rate singers most nights but they were good for a laugh and didnt take themselves too seriously
Our overall impression of the Nerja club was that it felt comfortable, casual and relaxing.
If you want Posh, go spend a fortune at the Parador

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank krustynutz
england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2009

Just returned fron 1 month at the Nerja Club booked with Mercury direct. This is a well run very friendly Hotel , we had no complains bearing in mind this is a good 3 Star - not 4 or 5 so dont compare with them.The food was of good quality and plenty of choise of main course - even chips for those used to British food. There is live music every night and most people we spoke to found a least 2 or 3 nights which suited them , and happly Hour every night from 5.30 to 6.30 so no complaints there.
Be aware however this Hotel is about 15 mins walk into the centre of Nerja and the beaches - so if you cant walk this may not be for you, unless you have a car.
Most of the people we met return year after year so that says it all, we would definately go back again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Hertfordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2009

Don't take any notice of the bad reviews, I really do not know what some people expec ted, its a good quality 3 star hotel, that is comfortable, clean, friendly and helpful. I don't know what hotel the other person was staying in during September but it could not have been the Nerja Club.

I have read all the reviews giving details of the hotel and it explains its location quite clearly, and I have never experienced noisey children - noisey adults who come home in the early hours of the morning and don't know how to shut their doors - but that happens in all hotels in holiday resorts - it takes all kinds.

The hotel catered for all ages young and old, and whilst the entetainment is not our style, a very large number of people are always present and thorougjly enjoy it.

I have had numerous experiences of requiring help, and the staff have been brilliant with their advice and help.

Service at breakfast is generally very good, its a shame some people cannot treat the staff with a little more respect that they deserve, they all work very hard and try their best to please, and it only takes a please or thank you.

I have stayed here three times now, and the quality is always the same. I have recommended the hotel to friends.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
wales
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

we were supposed to stay a week we checked out after 3 nights having been to nerja many times before we knew the area if it was our first trip we would never go back .this hotel should be classed 1 star .it should be re -graded . the staff are un -professional and incompetant the rooms are shabby air conditioning is dangerous everyone we spoke to had runny noses and was sneezing it badly needs servicing. or taken out.food was like russian roullette you didnt know what you were having . the chicken was pink if i had eaten it i would have had a tummy bug . i wouldnt stay here if it was free.i would rather sleep on the beach .

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bowiedog
North Yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

Don't listen to the bad reviews! Yes, the hotel is out of Nerja (there is a bus, one euro to town from the supermarket over the road) and yes there is a very steep hill (or two) to the beach! The hotel is being refurbished. The food was brillaint! Three mains at dinner, plus plenty fresh salads and soup. Breakfast was plenty and fresh cooked (at least if you headed down there early as we did about 8.30), breakfast staff very helpful. Could do with more space where the toast and coffee machines are at brekkie but on the whole no problems. Believe me, I stayed in a posh hotel in Ibiza in summer and their food was inedible! My pal and I ate two good meals a day! Will certainly be going back!

• Stayed September 2009
1 Thank Oldgimmer
dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2009

The location was an absolut con- they don't tell you on the website that it takes a brisk twenty minutes into town, you might expect a little mini- bus service run out of courtesy by hotel. The staff at reception, in the main were unfriendly and sneering. The rooms were basic, balconies were not balconies, tiny and filth lying on roof nearby. Breakfast was poor quality, the produce etc. Never any cups etc when you needed them. It was to run until half ten, we used to come down at ten past but were made feel like a complete nuisance, the staff at breakfast were so ignorant, if you asked for anything they would go off and not come back, or look at you like you were dirt! The cleaning staff were so nice and patient. There were inadequate facilities for those who had to check out but wern't flying until the evening. tiny office for storing bags, tiny toilet for changing from beach wear.In all I found I agree with other comment, staff were ignorant and really made you feel most unwelcome. My mother was paying for a sandwich and tea and was short of one cent. She expected the bar man to say .. not too worry but he was absolutely raging and gave her a filthy look! Tacky poolside entertainment, why would anyone spend their time there when Nerja is only a taxi ride away! Six euro down to beach, then out and back at night. Too far, too hilly and in August heat it was a no-go, even as fit hill walkers. I read with amazement, how people were pleased and return to this kip...they really are easily pleased!

Stayed August 2009
1 Thank nazarestay
nerjaclub2008, Manager at Nerja Club, responded to this review, September 1, 2009
Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstable say thank you for choose us for your holidays in Nerja, a beautiful resort, although August would not be the best month to come to Nerja, too busy, too hot and just at the end of the high season, when staff are probably, "tired" for whats all that's means. with that I don't want to mean they were doing right, no at all, I have had a meeting concerning your comments about the service given sometimes and we all were agree in some aspects that we should improve, we have take note of it and I promise we will do our best, we don't need any negative comment at all, we apologize for all.

Regarding our situation, I think is quite clear that we are situated 1km from center & Beach, as we clearly say in our web page and thats is the information we always give to the rest of companies, we dont want to give any wrong information. You may not used it, but there is a local bus running every hour from just acroos the road, by the supermarket,50 mts , who goes to the beach & center from 09.00 to 21.00 hrs every day.
After being working in this hotel for the las 20 years, as most of the rest of satff, and meet thousands of custumers, (many of them became really good friends), we are so proud to say that we have help to most of them, to spend a beatiful holidays, that make then to comeback year by year, encoroaging us to keep working hard, it iwould be a pity that someone could read your coments and think that thats could happen to all. we have a average, 95% of our custumers find the hotel a nice place to comeback and to recomend to friends, and of course a 5% thas doesnt connect with us at all, we know we can not make 100% customer happy, but believe me, we always try hard.

Finally, I would invite you to come back to Nerja, to discover what Nerja could do for you, please not in August, dont forget to come to our bar and ask for me, I will be greatfull if I could talk to you, we could have a drink on the house. regarding other coments on us saying how nice we have been, believe me, they knew what there were saying.

I hope to see you sometime, dont forget to come & visit us, please.

Antonio Roman