“Good food, great location”
Review of Cafe Bamboo

Cafe Bamboo
Ranked #165 of 405 Restaurants in Nerja
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Every time we go ot Nerja, we make sure to visit Bamboo. It's a pretty versatile place in that you can go for lunch, dinner, a light snack or just drinks. We got married in Nerja 3 years ago and had a bit of a party there the day after, having found Bamboo on a previous visit. Farad was very accommodating and we got a good deal for a starter of bread with cheese and cold cuts of meat and then a main plus a couple of drinks per person. The staff were great and made everyone feel welcome and we had a blast.

Having just come back from Nerja again, where we had a dinner one evening and a lunch the last day, I have to say everyone was really happy with the food on both occasions and I was especially happy with my omelette.

Aside from that, they do great cocktails. I'm no cocktail connoisseur but I really enjoyed the mojitos, amongst others.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We decided to have a couple of starters here for our lunch. I ordered the prawn cocktail (5.00€) and my husband had the a large bowl of mussels in an amazing sauce (8.50€) - both was of ample portion for lunch and of excellent quality. We saw the meals that were being delivered to other customers and everything was well presented and of large portions. The location is right on the sea front which made it a lovely ambience for a spot of lunch in the sun. Would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Loved this cafe /restaurant. I loved the option to still admire the views if you sit in if the day wasn't good. thankfully it was sunny so we could sit on the outside terrace listening to the local musicians playing and the waves crashing in front of us.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Oh dear, I hope our experience of dinner here was a one-off. My fish was tough and barely cooked. It seemed to have been microwaved from frozen. I had to send it back to the kitchen. The oily chips were not much better. My friend's Spanish omelette was very solid; she struggled to eat it.

It is a popular place for coffee and early evening drinks. Stick to those to be on the safe side!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great location, excellent value and good/friendly service. We tried vegetarian and also meat lasagne, burgers are excellent. Highly recommend.