“Modern Twist to Italian Food”
Review of +39 Bistro - CLOSED

+39 Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fine dining restaurant, friend to celiac people! Ask to get your gluten free pasta
Peebles Scotland
“Modern Twist to Italian Food”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very good Italian restaurant situated in the little square behind the Balcon de Europe.Food was well cooked with fresh ingrediants and presented in a modern style.Good menu choice and service was very prompt and attentive.If you want something differaint from ther usual italian give it a go .Ps try the gallic coffee it is to die for.

1 Thank Gordon10

London
“SO SO”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

As the other restaurants in this small square close to the centre of the town didn't have any space outside we thought we would try this restaurant as I had seen it on the web before we went on holiday & seemed to have a good review. Unfortunately it didn't quite live up to the mark. The man who I believe is the owner was polite but spent too much time on his phone & wearing ripped jeans is OK for some but when I'm eating I'd rather not see his backside exposed. The food was alright without being anything special & the service likewise. In all the evening was just average & not a restaurant we will be returning to in a hurry.

1 Thank Snoopy0
Ireland
“Nothing special to recommend it”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This restaurant is situated in the center of town near the Balcon. It is in a small square with several other restaurants. The owner was pleasant and seated us as requested when we booked. Thereafter service was very average and although we did not select Italian food we felt that what we got was just average. Price was a little higher than other similar establishments. Wouldn't return.

Fabricac, Owner at +39 Bistro, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you very much for your review, I'm sorry that you don't had a good experience. I can understand that a customer that come in a Italian restaurant want to find dishes as carbonara, lasagne, bolognese or something like that. But the Italian restaurants are not only that. The point of our restaurant is to do typical dishes from different part of our country, especially from south of Italy, with more fish and beef. Of course not all the dishes have to like to everyone, all of us we have different teste. We can just say that everything is fresh cooking and we use very high quality of ingriedentes. That I promise 100%, I cannot promise that you will like what you will choose.
Anyway I'll invite you to come back and try something else.
Hope see you again
Regards
Fabrizio
Solna
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NEVER AGAIN”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I went to eat in +39 bistro only because all the other restaurants didn't have any space outside.
the owner of the restaurant was trying to convince everyone that his restaurant was the best in nerja. From the time we were seated our nightmare begam,Firstly he tried to sell all the most expensive dishes & wine. We then waited 45 minutes for our starter of bruschetta which came burnt & dry. The main course of fish was frozen inside, the over cooked pasta came cold & swimming in the sauce. The owner seemed to spend half the time speaking on his phone. When we complained he said that my wife, who is Asian, didn't understand italian cuisine!! Can youbelieve the cheek of the man. Never again

1 Thank joseph S
Fabricac, Owner at +39 Bistro, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I did promise to myself to don't answer anymore to this kind of review. Just would like to say that since that I open this restaurant I never had as customer any Asian lady, that will be welcome if one day want to come. And I want to say more, I am very educate person and let me say that is impossible that I did answer so rude to one of my customers, especially if is a woman. Anyway I'm sure that 100 % of my customers will be happy to answer about this review for me. Thank you to all of them!
Thanks anyway
Fabrizio
Essex
“Fabulous home made pasta and gluten free options!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have been disappointed with the food in Nerja. But then we are difficult to please! Both vegetarian and one of us is a coeliac ! However we went to this restaurant and loved it. Great friendly helpful service. Great food with gluten free options for pasta too! Great Chianti, just wish we had room for dessert . Thankyou very much we will highly recommend you.

Fabricac, Owner at +39 Bistro, responded to this review, October 17, 2012