“Great Food”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Pretentious restaurant with excellent food. Waiter made me feel I was at a tourist restaurant in Paris. Despite his aloofness the garlic cream soup was superb and the fish dishes was fresh with Spanish overtones. A good place to go that is a little more formal for a beach town but quiet and tasty.

There are newer reviews for Pepe Rico

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I love their avocado with shrimp. This is a dish commonly served in this area. Most places do it w/ salsa rosa. (Pink sauce which is just usually mayo & ketchup) They do a beautiful sherry vinaigrette. Always a nice meal here. Good service & comfortable surroundings. I shall keep returning a I have for years.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife daughter and I ate at Pepe Rico last night. We were seated in the outside dining area which is lovely and very Spanish.
I had the 4 course menu which consisted of salad starter, salmon with spuds and vegetables for main course and then chocolate cake for pudding accompanied by wine and bread for 11.95 euro!!!
Superb. My wife had fillet steak which she described as excellent and my daughter had a very enjoyable burger.
A bottle of the house red was a treat and we will dedinitly be back again soon. At 52 euro for a supeb meal for three with drinks we would be mad not too!!

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I agree with other reviewers that Pepe Rico deserves a higher ranking.

Part of its problem may be that it does not follow the general trend and offers a more formal setting and service but at the same time uncompromisingly good food.

It also has dishes that you won't find anywhere else in Nerja, incl. Spätzle. All in all a welcome break from the mainstream.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We visited Pepe Ricos about 20 years ago,it was our favourite place to eat in Nerja.We had an apartment at Capistrano and used to wander down and have a meal.I also remember the leg of lamb cooked with all the vegetables and garlic in the pan-can still taste it.The lady who owned it then spoke 8 languages and her husband did the cooking.Was just looking on the website and it brought back many happy memories.Great place truly to be recommended hope to go back one day

2  Thank 480sues