“just popped in.”

Ranked #9 of 422 Restaurants in Nerja
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Spanish and English chefs at El Avalon pride themselves in providing modern European food that is influenced by their extensive travels in North Africa and South East Asia. Service at El Avalon is professional and relaxed. We have a fantastic terrace with stunning views, and a cosy restaurant with an open fireplace for Wintertime.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We just called in for a drink, late on a Friday evening and the owner made us very welcome. The diners were finishing their meal and we could watch the flamenco show from the steps. A fabulous view. I will try it for dinner next time I am in Nerja.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My family and I were on holiday in Lake Vinuela last week and Wednesday 19th June was my sisters 30th Birthday. After being told by some expats that Nerja had some excellent restaurants and a bit of researching on Trip Advisor we decided on El Avalon.

We weren't disappointed! We had a table on the terrace with lovely views overlooking the sea. Everything on the menu sounded great and it tasted fabulous too, the presentation and quality of the food kept us wanting to order more so three courses later... we were all very full and its so reasonably priced too! The chef was lovely I asked him if they could put a candle in my sisters dessert, she was so impressed when it came out the candle was more like a sparkler which topped off a perfect evening.

The staff couldn't do enough for you, really impressive and if we are ever back in the area we would definitely go back.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Set on a hill overlooking nerja. Had the fillet steak for mains! Excellent - bit over done for medium rare! House wine average! The selection of Deserts where much like in the UK!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were in Nerja over 3 weeks on this trip and were fortunate to visit many of the top restaurants. The Avalon certainly stands comparison with the best! We visited on 3 occasions. Chef Kevin and his wife Alix, supported by excellent staff, have really put together a great dining experience. An imaginative and varied menu, quality and value house wines, and set in a location with the most fabulous views to the mountains and the sea! Well worth a visit.... Oh and I nearly forgot - the very best sticky toffee pudding !!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We visited El Avalon for the first time this evening, and were welcomed like friends by Alix & Kevin into their delightfully charming restaurant. We chose to dine on the terrace, which offered an absolutely beautiful view in all directions, providing a wonderful atmosphere as the sun went down over Nerja. The food we had was delicious, particularly the lamb which simply melted in the mouth- there are not words to do this justice! I do not often have room for dessert, and to be fair I didn't this evening, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to sample more of this amazing food! Quite simply a lovely, evening, with wonderful food and excellent service provided by our waitress. I cannot recommend this place highly enough!