“Delicious food and excellent service”
Review of Avalon

Avalon
Ranked #3 of 400 Restaurants in Nerja
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Spanish and English chefs at El Avalon pride themselves in providing modern European food that is influenced by their extensive travels in North Africa and South East Asia. Service at El Avalon is professional and relaxed. We have a fantastic terrace with stunning views, and a cosy restaurant with an open fireplace for Wintertime.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We visited El Avalon for the first time this evening, and were welcomed like friends by Alix & Kevin into their delightfully charming restaurant. We chose to dine on the terrace, which offered an absolutely beautiful view in all directions, providing a wonderful atmosphere as the sun went down over Nerja. The food we had was delicious, particularly the lamb which simply melted in the mouth- there are not words to do this justice! I do not often have room for dessert, and to be fair I didn't this evening, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to sample more of this amazing food! Quite simply a lovely, evening, with wonderful food and excellent service provided by our waitress. I cannot recommend this place highly enough!

There are newer reviews for Avalon

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at El Avalon for the first time one and a half year ago when we moved to Spain. After a long drive we arrived to be greeted by the wonderful owners Alix and Kevin. We had dinner at El Avalon for the first time that night and just loved everything about it; the food, the friendly service, and the view.

We have been back since then and every time it is a delightful experience. I am sure there will be many more visits to El Avalon to enjoy the ambiance and the food.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hi, I visited this restaurant with ten of my friends during our recent stay in Nerja. The food was very good, (especially the goats cheese starter), the staff were great. We went with the house wine which was a great call!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I visited the Avalon Restaurant 0n the 13th May 13. It hosts a small intimate restaurant inside and out side on the terrace there is a larger seating area, with the best views in Nerja looking over the sea, and mountains. I first visited the Avalon the day before just for pre lunch drinks and the service was exceptional, we were given some delicious Tapas just while we had our drinks which inspired us to book for lunch the following day. We weren't disappointed in fact it was some of the best food we'd experienced. The Avalon is apparently under new management I would just like to say that I wish them every success as everything about it was fantastic. I will definitely be going back the next time I'm in Nerja.

1  Thank Lorraine1955186460
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We came to this restaurant on a recommendation and with very high expectations. Sadly, it was a real letdown - I wouldn't recommend it to others. All the details were there - the views are nice, the service was good, the presentation was elegant - but the food was mediocre at best. I had the pan-fried fish with pistou and white bean puree, and flavor-wise, it was just "cooked." My boyfriend had the Thai chicken kebabs. The chicken was as flavorless as my fish (again, literally just cooked, not at all seasoned) and while the accompanying sauce and rice were all right, there was nothing special about them at all.
I also agree with another reviewer in that, for a restaurant in Spain, this place was near dead when we arrived at 9, and we were the last ones out at 10, when the kitchen actually closes. Not great for ambiance.
In short, I really wish this restaurant had been good, but it wasn't.

5  Thank Megan G