“Food Poisoning on Christmas Day. Thanks for Ruining Christmas!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurante Poseidon - CLOSED

Restaurante Poseidon
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food Poisoning on Christmas Day. Thanks for Ruining Christmas!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

Myself and my boyfriend decided to go to Poseidon for Christmas dinner as it advertised it's wide choices of vegetarian options . This being my first vegetarian Christmas my boyf treated me to this place while on holidays. I got the stuffed courgette with bechemel sauce and tomato soup to start. Firstly the presentation was appalling, it looked like someone had gotten sick on my plate and then had melted cheese on it (should've been the first sign), but well done it's hard to give a veggie food poisoning. We were looking forward to some nice Christmas pints by the beach and unfortunately I had to take a U turn back to the hotel to puke all night.

Now, my theory is that xmas day may not be the busiest time in Spain as most main xmas dinners are xmas eve or earlier on xmas day and possibly we got the dregs of the menu. This is a theory and not excusing their poor food quality. Whichever idiots they got covering the xmas night shift were appalling in regards to service and obviously quality of food and skill of handling and cooking of the food. Go if you dare but I'm still nauseous and it's rolling into New Yrs eve tomorrow. Well done for ruining my Christmas.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Jess K

rostherne,cheshire
“One of the best Greek restaurants anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

One word wow.I've eaten in many Greek restaurants and this is one of the best.I've eaten in top restaurants in Greece,this is up there.
Service is fantastic, presentation is michelin standard.the flavour combination is exquisite, and the choice is outstanding and very authentic,even down to the decorations and music. The moussaka is the best I have ever had,same with the dolmades. We are vegetarian and were spoilt for choice.when in nerja you have to eat here.we are culinary afficionados and this is the nicest food we have had in 6 visits to nerja,we will be going again and again. Reasonably priced and something for every taste.even the pitta bread is extravagant,they also bring Muse bouches which are delicious. I can't rate this restaurant highly enough.just fantastic

Andalucia
“Great service, well-presented and delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

As we live in Spain much of the time we have many visitors from the UK and often struggle to find good restaurants which are consistently good for both service and food, one of the common annoyances being places which serve the main course whilst we are still eating our starters! Took our family to Posieden recently and loved everything about it - a great welcome even though they were busy, quick service for drinks, imaginative starters, time for a rest before our mains arrived, which were served on hot plates, not all with chips but with variations of potatoes and fresh vegetables and all first class, including a kebab of 4 different meats for our son in law who said each meat was cooked perfectly. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for great Greek food and tiptop service.

• Visited August 2011
Melbourne, Australia
“Presentation is out of this world”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2010

I've been to many Greek restaurants, mainly in Australia, but Poseidon is really something special. Gourmet Greek with presentation unlike I have ever seen before. I have never seen so much going on on a plate. Beautiful.

The service was also great, food superb, and all your favourites are there. Will definitely return

1 Thank barbwoolums