“Good, but don't expect Michelin standards”
Review of Oliva

Oliva
Ranked #6 of 400 Restaurants in Nerja
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurant with a modern creative Andalusian cuisine, with a solid traditional base but constantly experimenting with new tastes, textures, techniques and products. The wine list includes wines from all around Spain. The restaurant is very close to Balcón de Europa, in the center of Nerja and has a private sunny terrace.
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I was really looking forward to my meal here after reading all of the excellent reviews. The food was very current and well presented but I was expecting to be really 'wowed', which I wasn't. The service was adequate, nothing too special.

Overall I would definitely recommend this place but I have eaten in much better restaurants which were the same price.

1  Thank laalaaland
There are newer reviews for Oliva

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very good food, the service was excellent, we had an excellent time. We will be back next time we visit nerja.

1  Thank Harold-pearson1975
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have been to this restaurant 6 - 7 times in the last 2 years. I have to say that the food they serve here is absolutely excellent ! It is actually the best food I have ever tasted in any restaurants. I have never eaten anything here that was other than extraordinary good !

1  Thank Znadrik
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had been looking forward for a return visit but what a disappointment. The service was shocking to say the least. Tables asking where their wine was starters arriving at different times. My steak was overcooked but by this time I just wanted to leave. Nobody from arrival onwards asked how the meal was . Absolutely terrible.

2  Thank algarve55
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have reviewed Oliva before, but as many places do change (for better or worse) it seems appropriate to review it again after a recent visit. It continues to be excellent by any standards. The place is nicely designed with decently-spaced tables and good table settings. A recent improvement is to the view, still not beautiful, from the outside eating area where a shop has been finished and no longer resembles a building-site. The food is, to my mind, excellent by any standards; everything that we had was well prepared with good quality ingredients and not miniscule helpings sometimes found in such 'modern' restaurants. The 'extras' are much appreciated - parmesan 'lollipops', wonderful balsamic reduction and chilli sauce - and marvellous sorbet as a palate-cleanser. A chicken salad which might have been a boring choice was memorable. Wines are well chosen and the house wines are good value and decent quality. There is a perfectly adequate, but not large choice (I am always suspicious of restaurants with a hundred main courses .. .. .. usually means the 'ping' of a microwave). A young waitress who speaks excellent English is a great asset to the front-of-house and should be highly valued by the owners/managers.

2  Thank snapdecisions