“A Special Restaurant”
Review of Bar - Restaurant First - CLOSED

Bar - Restaurant First
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had been to this restaurant before and have always had a beautiful meal. The best thing about this restaurant for me is that you can have 1/2 portions of a starter, main meal and dessert. It was the very first place I had a steak in a restaurant because I could have a 1/2 portion. Earlier this year I was 60 and had a birthday party at this restaurant. Simona the owner gave me the best birthday meal I have ever had. Me, my husband and our 6 guests had a wonderful evening that I will never forget. The food, service and attention to detail was suberb. Also, if you go on a Tuesday evening there is a classical pianist who just adds to the ambience. So much so is that we shall be going back in January for my husbands birthday.

There are newer reviews for Bar - Restaurant First

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We have used this restaurant many times and always had a wonderful meal. We recently celebrated an annual club reunion at the restaurant and both Simona and Tina went out of their way to make everything perfect and so did their staff. The whole occasion could not have been better.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We visit Restaurant First every time we are in Spain and have never been disappointed with the quality of the food served.
It was quiet for a Friday night and we both had the 6 course special menu at 22 euros.
Each course was delicious, cooked and presented to perfection. The waiter who served us was new, he was friendly yet professional and a real asset to Restaurant First.
We will definitely return , we think that Restaurant First deserves to be in the top ten restaurants in Nerja.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We chose this restaurant to celebrate my husband's 70th birthday after reading reviews and we were delighted to discover that it was almost next door to our hotel, Marinas de Nerja. We couldn't have made a better choice! It has a wonderful ambiance and our table was beautifully decorated with a candelabra and fresh rose petals.
We were a party of 11 and instead of one long table, it was arranged in such a way that we could all see and talk to each other easily.

We ate from the a la carte menu, and most of us chose different options. Without excepion, everyone was delighted with the presentation and quality of the food. They also made him a fabulous birthday cake with chocolate mousse and fresh berries! The service was very attentive without being over fussy. We very much enjoyed the Spanish guitar player who added to the atmosphere. We highly recommend this restaurant and it will be a hard act to follow for future family celebrations!

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Booked restaurant for 8 and we were first to arrive. The waitress offered 2 wine lists and 1 food menu. Great if your not intent on eating but maybe that was an omen. We selected a bottle of house rose. WTF €16 but we did not discover this till later. BTW THIS IS NOT CLARIDGES. Ok so first 3 courses went well and then the main course Chicken and Pasta. My chicken was cooked through yet my wife's dish was raw. How can this be when they are being cooked and plated at the same time. It took several minutes to attract the attention of the waiting staff who apologised and took my wife's plate away to cook it properly. I was left to eat my dish so I was actually finished my main course before my wife was served. Could they have done better and taken both plates away and perhaps offered a complementary taster or drink until we were both ready to eat our mains. Dessert followed but as we refused a second bottle of rosado service took a steep dive like a Stuka in the blitz. Come on were on holiday and this is Nerja not Marbella. We requested our cheque and the absence of an apology which I can only put down to the Tutonic arrogance we experienced left us with no option but to leave without tipping and never to return. We initially thought 4/5 stars at the outset now I grudge a very dissatisfied 2 stars.

1  Thank ViktorMeldroo