“Warm welcome and log fire in winter.”
Review of The Cottage

The Cottage
Ranked #70 of 395 Restaurants in Nerja
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Good quality home cooked English food, Great staff, non-smoking, reasonable prices
Cumbria
“Warm welcome and log fire in winter.”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

A good fixed price menu but worth going a la carte now and then;- if only for the steak. Very friendly staff and customers. Good music on Thursday nights but you may need to book.

Visited February 2014

bolton
“A warm and friendly place with lovely homemade food”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We was in nerja for four weeks in jan, we visited the cottage sevral times over that time, each time we had a warm welcome by becky or felix, we tried lots of items on the menu, and was never dissapointed, lovely home cooked food seved with a smile, we had family and friends eat there also, everything was fresh hotand delicious, definatly not powdered,my grandson was in a pram and they made room for his pram without hesitation, lovely food cooked by steve, we will Definatly return...

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank jojoBolton
GLASGOW
“The chips WERE good”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This was an odd experience. The welcome from the young chap with the Irish ? accent could not have been friendlier and the overworked blond girl behind the bar, serving the tables, chatting to the customers was clearly one of nature's "nice people".

The menu was reasonable - a what do you expect for 7 or 9 euros.fixed price menu with two or three courses - and the food was OK (mixed salad, chicken in breadcrumbs, chips , veg)

But it took ages. After about 25 minutes and no sign of anything edible, I pined for something like War and Peace to distract me. The chap singing in the back - a pleasing tenor I may say - My Way, Unforgettable, that sort of stuff - didn't do it for me. The Irish? guy must have been abducted by aliens because I didn't see him again the whole hour and a half I was there. The blond girl served my my food, eventually, and took my money at the end. I left a tip because she was so nice.

I might go back some time because at least they made me feel welcome before ignoring me for aeons.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank plonker7
Dundee, United Kingdom
“First visit fine second visit - wish we hadn't bothered”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Had a reasonable meal here for a reasonable price with good service so decided to return as it was quite close to our hotel. A mistake - both our meals were awful - potatoes obviously powdered, meat tough etc and service desultory - were not many people in so the staff appeared to have come to a halt - including those in the kitchen! Not sure what went wrong but certainly wouldn't go back until I had exhausted all other possibilities! Have given average on the strength of our first meal but otherwise would have been poor.

• Visited September 2013
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

A warm and friendly welcome by all staff can be expected at every visit. The quality of food is excellent and the atmosphere relaxing and enjoyable. If you find this restaurant once you will return, Steve and Becky are wonderful hosts of a great family business and deserve the loyalty of their returning customers.
Denise and Barry