“That's more like it.....”
Review of Zacatecas Tex Mex - CLOSED

Zacatecas Tex Mex
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Following my previous review back in June, and my (very tiny) gripe about it not being very busy, we returned last week, and lo..... 'twas busier! :-)
This time, we took another couple along, just to show off how good we were at picking excellent restaurants, and they too were exceedingly impressed.

All four of us left extremely happy, if not a little bogged down by the extra "holiday weight"!
Superb food, superb hosts, superb atmosphere, superb service, superb evening..... altogether,a superb little restaurant!

I'd hate to speak on anyone else's behalf, but there also seemed to be many happy faces at the other tables, of which, I'd guess 80% were occupied.

My only regret was that we only managed to find time to visit once in a fortnight, such is Nerja as a whole! I won't make that mistake again!! :-(

Now...... let's just hope it ain't too busy, when we return next year!!

There are newer reviews for Zacatecas Tex Mex

Reviewed September 16, 2011

First time visiting this restaurant and following advice of other diners decided to give it a go! Glad we did!
Excellent food, freshly prepared and fast efficient and friendly service from our host, Wilma.
Try the mojito cocktails - superb. The sizzling fajitas we ate were first rate. Nothing to fault at all. Its a hidden little gem.
If you're lucky enough to be in Nerja, do yourself a favour and seek this diner out - you won't regret it.

1  Thank StephenFrier
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Nacho ranchero's starter absolutely fantastic, topped with guacamole, chilli, salsa and jalapeno's. The main meals were also very good and so were the margarita's. Only downside was no air con as door left open to attract customers. Ceiling fans just not cool enough for august. But would definately would return if in Nerja.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

This is a real find, fantastic authentic Mexican food!!!!
My wife & I visited this resturant 3 times over the space of our 2 week holiday. We found the Hosts Ralph & Wilma very friendly & welcoming.
There was a wide selection to choose from on the menu and the food on arrival didn't disappoint, it was fantastic, The service was great and cared for all our needs.
I will certainly go back and recommend this resturant to anyone going to Nerja

Reviewed August 4, 2011

We visited this restaurant based on trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed, it's very good. The best meal we had in Andalucia so far.
The best flavors you'll ever taste, great service, great atmosphere. We loved it. Just GO!