“Great place to stay”
Review of The Fountainhead

The Fountainhead
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nerja
The Fountainhead
Ranked #47 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Nerja
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

What a wonderful way to start our backpacking adventure. We initially had a little trouble finding the hostel, but once we contacted the owner "Blake" he came out personally to meet us and escort us back to the accommodation. It was a lovely property, with a nice garden and terrace it was very clean and had fresh bedding. The room was a decent size and the beds were comfortable. Blake showed us the best beaches, tapas bars and other useful tips including a map of this beautiful little town. The owner was very warm and welcoming too. The property is basic but more than enough. To be honest out of the other hostels we stayed at during our adventure the Fountainhead was by far the most relaxing, comfortable and secure. I would definately stay at the hostel again and recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Couples
Business
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed August 13, 2010

As with the girls from Edinburgh, I had an aweful experience at Fountainhead...
To start with, the address is completely wrong and I couldn´t find the place. Was searching for it for half an hour and yes, even the locals hadn´t heard of it. That´s because this place isn´t even a hostel, it´s someone´s place they have converted into dorm rooms for the summer. The American guy was sooo rude to me on arrival and the entire time I was there. He never told me the kitchen didn´t work so I brought a pizza, only to find I couldn´t cook it in the oven or microwave. And he told me off for washing someone else´s pan, go figure?! He also allowed people to use their sleeping bags on the beds, so I´d hate to think if there were bedbugs or not. Also he hung around the communal lounge area all day, so it felt like you couldn´t use it too. I ended up checking out that same afternoon and finding somewhere else. Of course, he had to make a mean comment as I left too. Seriously, please don´t stay here at all!

Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank kiwitraveller83

Travelers are raving about these Nerja hotels

Edinburgh
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Now i am usually the person reading negative reviews saying, come on guys what did you expect... but i had to warn fellow travellers about the unreliability of this hostel.
My friend and i arrived in Nerja off the bus at around 10pm, neither of us speaking very much spanish, we tried to phone (unsucessfully) then find this hostel (unsucessfully) even locals didnt seem to know where it was!
Finally we got through to reception thinking thank god! only to be told that we were unable to have our BOOKED room as the people we were sharing with didnt want to share so we should find another place to stay for the night and come back tomorrow!! I was furious and so knackered.... i have never been turned away from booked accommodation so willy nilly.
Luckily for us we ended up finding a gem of a place around the corner where we got an entire apartment with air con for nearly the same price per night.... needless to stay we never went back to the fountainhead!
In terms of its cleanliness/location i cant rate but to do this to two girls at 10 at night when they have just arrived, to me is bull... there are plenty more businesses in Nerja far more deserving of peoples business.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Santiago
Reviewed July 28, 2009

small place but made it feel like my house. if you like jerry garcia you will like them. if you like the beach you will like the location. word of warning: dont bring your kids.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
panama
Reviewed June 26, 2009

Was a charming little backpackers. The place is clean and sunny - the terraces are what sold me on the place. the vibe was really mellow. The manager showed us to several of the beaches and tapas bars nearby, all within a 5 minute walk. I noticed if youre trying to reserve on the websites they´ll try to make you book the whole room...but just call them and they´ll take your reservation by phone for whatever you need. thats uh... 638735515. oh yeah, it was the cheapest place in town too.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends