We chose Punta Lara because we wanted somewhere quiet near to Nerja.
It IS quiet and beautiful. It's also very friendly and has a great community pool and good restraints in the area (try the hotel for posh and delicious and Tropicana for big, tasty and affordable).
If all you need is a pool and a couple of bars and restaurants then you won't need a car.
Plus points are:
- eating out is very affordable (try the beach restaurants too)
- it's only a 20 min walk along the beach to nerja
- taxis are cheap and easy (phone them!)
- We eventually sussed out the bus and that takes you straight to the supermarket
- Nerja has loads to see and do and nothing is far away (but you need transport).
- the local beach is not great
- We have a young kid and the distance into Nerja (and ALL shops) needed a pushchair (which was do-able but tricky with the beach).
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.