“Nicely reincarnated!”
Review of Aroma - CLOSED

Aroma
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Not sure why they kept the original name but it’s refurbished in shabby chic and apparently with a new front of house team. We had a great 3 course special menu from which we choose Prawns Pil Pil, Filet Migon, and a desert which was fantastic value at 19 Euro. Service was personal & efficient plus a comprehensive wine list was available covering a range of wines & price levels. Will return!

3  Thank E8887TZmartinp

Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

Brought friends here for a bit of lunch. Wasn't disappointed,as always the food was very good. Picked from the Menú Del Dia, which is great value. Portions just a nice size. We all enjoyed the food and Nice wine , service was not up to the usual standard but we all have off days. Will be back as it's one of the best restaurants on Fish ally, I think.

Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

We had a meal here and the set menu was simply superb. The service was very friendly and the whole evening was very enjoyable. We have visited many times over the years and the standards are consistent. Many thanks Aroma!

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely evening meal in this very good restaurant. Ask for menu of the day, 5 starters , 5 main courses + 4 deserts for €17.50 each . I had piri piri prawns, followed by 300grm enticot steak + strawberries & cream . Wife had very similar all for €35 all meals were delicious, highly recommend .

Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

Given the Spanish's' lack of empathy towards the male of the species- they'd sooner chase them either round a sand circle, or through the streets of Pamplona, you'd understand why a steak in Spain would have the consistency of a lump of wood, and a chewy and fatty lump of wood at that. In my many visits, I occasionally capitulate and regret it soon after. A litany of barbecues and optimistic choices off menus bears testament.

However, this changed several years ago, when we visited Sopranos in Benalmadena where I actually got a steak that tasted nice, cut well, and was all of things, enjoyable! Mercy me! Finally!

On 1st July, that crown was duly passed to Aroma. We were taken there by friends who eat there regularly, and having sneaked a look on here, hopes were high.

Heck, I even read the 4 magic words: The. Entrecôte. Was. Good.

O-kay. Challenge accepted. Well, the prophecy was true - I'll stick my neck out and say it's the best I've had in Spain. It was chargrilled and tasted beautifully for its flirt with fire. The accompaniments were lovely, though 3€ for a sauce is steep and whoever thought the mash needed food colouring in it needs speaking to. St Patrick's Day yes, but no other day, please?

The pate starter was nice, as was the ice cream. But the steak? Ladies and gentlemen- this is it!!!!

Great location, warm, friendly and attentive staff, and I can only offer Aroma my warmest recommendation. Politely decline the handed menus from the other restaurants- this place doesn't need to pull stunts like that. Besides, they're too busy making sure those steaks are spot on.