1,732 results
All reviews happy hour miami bar thomson guests dressing gowns free fridge walk in shower ceiling fan sea view head chef evening entertainment plenty of choice tea and coffee making facilities excellent hotel pool area superior room restaurant staff high floor
Selected filters
Reviewed April 14, 2019

I am just back from a 10 day stay at the Florida Spa , we had an excellent stay there and highly recommend it. The hotel its,self is a little bit tired in places and needs a bit of sprucing up , not much, just a bit.
Staff .. I have stayed in many hotels over the years and i would put the staff at the Florida spa up with the very best of them.
Location.. Perfect , close to the beach and within walking distance of just about all of Fuengirola.
Food ... This is where the Florida Spa stands out for me , Breakfast or Dinner the food was Excellent ,always hot and plenty of choice also the staff there were outstanding.
Room.. This will divide some people, we were in room122 which was next to the pool and lifts so was in a great spot , and had a great sea view,but it was also above where the entertainment was every night so you have to listen to it even if you want to have an early night (music stops about 11 - 11:30 pm) Personally it didn't bother me at all,but i can understand that it will not suit some people.
Entertainment... Some very good , some not so good.
Cleaners... Did a good job , and were always friendly.
Would i return ? Absolutely..

5  Thank Andrew W
MLhoteles, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Florida Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your great review and for rating Hotel Florida Spa with top marks on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted to know you would absolutely like to return and very grateful for your lovely comments about our staff.
We would be honoured to have you with us again, so we hope there is a new visit to the Florida on the cards for you soon. Kind regards.

Reviewed April 14, 2019

We stayed at this hotel during the first week in April and on the whole had a lovely time.
We left Newcastle airport on a dark gloomy morning after a stressful start as the clocks changed during the night and our flight was early at 7am. Trying to work out what time to set the alarms for was a puzzle and I ended up setting 3 just in case!
My mood didn’t improve as the check in was self-service and the machines weren't working properly and the 1 member of Staff at the self service area was less than helpful suggesting that I took a photograph of my luggage tag, when the correct paperwork didn’t print out. As I tried to talk to her about the problem she had that glassy eyed look my OH does when I talk about shoes, bags and jewellery!
As usual I had a guy behind me using the back of my chair as a trampoline for the best part of the flight, while his wife stood in the aisle, blocking the way for the air crew and the other passengers for the whole time he was away at the toilet, because she needed to stretch her legs!
We were seated on the aircraft 2 rows behind a toddler who was screaming so loud it sounded like her mother had given her a megaphone to play with. She would have made a town crier sound like he was whispering. She eventually simmered down enough for us to hear the dulcet shrieks of a child screeching 4 seats behind us. I’m convinced TUI situates all of us passengers who refuse to pay to select their seats in the child zone. Pleased we hadn’t forked out £32 between us for the privilege of being tortured.
We were at baggage control very quickly and I did notice a sign stating that none European Union flights were to use only carousels 34 and 35. I’m guessing these signs were there in preparation for us leaving the EU and imagine it will be a nightmare in Malaga airport if they only use 2 carousels for all passengers from none EU countries. We got swiftly away after a short interlude involving someone with exactly the same case as me.

We arrived in resort with a short transfer and arrived at the Florida Spa in the rain. Check in was really quick and smooth and we were up in our room on the 6th floor within minutes. The lifts in this hotel are very different to other hotels in that they are very quick and you never have to wait long for one.
We were very pleased with our room which was quite spacious. We had a view down to the pool and to the right we could see a partial view of the sea and the Marina. We had a free safe and TV with lots of English speaking channels and a complimentary bottle of water was waiting for us, along with a kettle, and tea and coffee sachets and little pots of milk.
The location of the hotel is amazing, right opposite the Marina and very near to the centre of town.
There were little tubes of shower gel and shampoo as well as toothbrushes with a little toothpaste tube. There was also a comb and a shoe shiner. There didn’t seem to be as many complimentary items as at the Angela when we stayed there.
There is plenty of wardrobe and drawer space and the coat hangers are normal ones which aren’t attached to the rail, so are much easier to use. We had a walk in shower and there was a hairdryer in the bathroom. We were very happy with the room and the location.
The food was fabulous in this hotel. We were half board and the selection of breakfast and dinner options was brilliant. There was loads of choice for Breakfast including Bacon, beans, mushrooms, sausages, fresh and tinned tomatoes, hash browns, pancakes, cakes, fresh and tinned fruit, omelettes, scrambled, fried and boiled eggs, continental cheeses and hams and gorgeous fresh orange juice. The tea and coffee was good too.
For dinner there were 2 choices of soup, lots of different desserts, cakes and fruit including fresh strawberry’s most evenings. There were 3 types of ice-cream each evening, my favourite being the pistachio flavour. There were cheeses, Spanish tapas, paella, stews, carveries, dates, figs, walnuts. There seemed to be 2 choices of fish every evening and I tried some gorgeous Sea bass, grouper, salmon and swordfish. The hotel literally caters for every taste and you could eat healthily or not. There was always a good selection of potatoes and vegetables and we had steak, beef, lamb and chicken during our stay. One night they had an Asian theme and you could get a free shot of saki. Just to be aware the dessert selection differs at both of the dessert tables and the top one appears to have additional items. Your plates were cleared away very quickly most of the time.
The service in the restaurant was really good, with a young guy being the stand out at providing service. He bought our wine on the first night and I have never received such a high standard of service for years.
The entertainment here wasn’t really our cup of tea. We’ve stayed at the Angela a couple of times and thought it was better there, but there does seem to be a 2 week rotation, so perhaps the best acts were on the week after us. The best act was a female singer on the Friday night, who was very good. She had good banter with the crowd and did 3 spots singing a massive range of music types. She started off doing songs from the musicals and covered Luther Vandross, Motown and songs from every era. One night there was a magic show performing tricks older than me. It was a family affair and it was nice to see the whole family involved but some of their act could be updated. We also saw a country and western singer and he seemed to go down well with everyone else. Over the course of the holiday we saw some couples dancing who were brilliant, rock and roll, jive and waltz etc. For people who like to dance this is a good hotel for you. A lot of people seemed to be line dancing but nobody seemed to be enjoying the dance as they were too busy concentrating on the steps. I made a mental note to myself never to attempt line dancing!
The service in the bar was second to none. Happy hour was 8.30pm to 10pm and all of the staff worked really hard, preferring to serve you at your table than for you to go to the bar yourself. This is great for anyone with mobility problems and they were really efficient. The staff were also really friendly and you got the impression they all loved their jobs.
Reception staff were very helpful whenever we needed them too.
My other half wanted to see the Newcastle game and it was advertised as being on at the bar next to the restaurant. We got there in plenty time and ordered drinks, which as it was happy hour meant we had 4 drinks in front of us. Well the staff couldn’t get the TV to work. Other people who had come to watch the game told us this has happened before when they have gone to watch a game. After much deliberation and after the game had started we were told the TV wouldn’t be working. None of us were happy as everyone had bought drinks to watch the game. I think they should have tried to set the TV up in plenty time so people could go elsewhere if they couldn’t get it. By the time we drank the drinks my OH had missed the first half, and we had to go searching for a bar outside the hotel to watch it. This would be my main negative of the hotel.
Out and about
The hotel is central and not far to the bus station and train station. We got the bus along to Benalmadena and had a lovely day strolling along the promenade and around the marina. The sun was shining that day and it was a lovely day out in 23 degrees heat. We got off at the new centre of culture building and walked along past lots of cafes and restaurants. The sky was blue that day and the sea glistened as we admired the fantastic vies of endless beaches and palm trees. We walked around the Marina admiring the vintage boats and the modern yachts. There were some great boat and catamaran trips for as little as 10 to 15 euros. Bargain prices for a trip. We stopped for lunch and my OH had a baguette and chips while I had a toastie. He complained about the food and I commented that at least it made a change from him complaining about his bad back, which funnily enough is always more painful when we’re anywhere near shops or a market. I commented that I didn’t know what to wear that night and his response was “A smile for a start you miserable*****” Who says romance is dead!
We also got the train along to Malaga and enjoyed a stroll along the Marina and the fabulous park opposite it, where the smell from the plants and shrubs is amazing. There are lots of nice shops, bars and restaurants but it is a bit like a rabbit warren. I also had the experience of getting locked in the ladies toilets at McDonalds! Be aware the toilets are locked and there is a digital code to enter, which I hadn’t noticed as I opened the door when someone else was coming out. As I tried to leave and the door wouldn’t open and I stood hollering for my OH but he couldn’t hear me. Eventually I found a switch which looked like a light switch and it opened.
We had some lovely lunches at bars around the Marina in Fuengirola and some of them are proper sun traps. Great for a light bite and a drink. There is a guitarist who flits around the bars and sings outside making a noise like a cat being strangled , and expect a succession of sellers to try and sell you sunglasses, t shirts, scarves, watches, jewellery , toys and puppets as you sit eating or drinking. If you want a fake MK bag or trainers you will be offered them numerous times. They also have fake Rolex watches etc. I declined all with a pleasant no thank you.
There is a market on a Tuesday and they sell an array of clothes, scarves, jewellery, fruit and veg, underwear, shoes, bags etc. It’s worth a stroll around. I only bought a couple of necklaces but if anyone likes silk scarves, cashmere scarves and pashminas there are lots of them at 5 euros each.
There were lots of underwear stalls but some of the pants they were selling were so small Barbie would have struggled to get them past her ankles.
There was a poor local guy begging who was severely disabled and it looked like his legs were on backwards. In contrast there was a white guy begging outside the market who I’ve seen on previous holidays who looks like he’s just stepped off an aftershave advert. He had a brilliant white T shirt on, was immaculate and was smoking. He’s the only beggar I’ve ever seen who makes everyone around him look like a scruff.
We had a couple of nights down at the Angela hotel and saw a Welsh guy singing who was very good and also caught George singing, but he was suffering from man flu and admitted himself he wasn’t on top form.
We also had a couple of nights in Pogs bar which is only a couple of streets away from the Florida Spa. We saw a great act on the Thursday whose first set is Reggae, The Jam, Madness etc. and the second half is an AD/DC tribute. There is also a video DJ who played some excellent music videos from all eras. It was probably the busiest bar in town and is worth a look.
All in all we had a lovely stay at the Florida Spa. The Staff are excellent and attentive, food is amazing and the location couldn't be better

9  Thank TyneAndWearColumbus

Thank you for staying at Hotel Florida Spa and for writing such a well detailed review about your holiday.
We are very happy to know you and your partner had an excellent time with us and really appreciate your beautiful comments about our hotel and staff.
Please accept our apologies for not having managed to put the Newcastle match on. From now on we will make sure we try to find the right channel well in advance.
We would love to welcome you back to Hotel Florida Spa, so we hope you pay us another visit very soon. Kind regards.

Reviewed April 14, 2019

This was my second visit to this hotel. It’s location is fabulous. Minutes from the beach and the marina, an easy walk to the bus and train station, close to supermarkets and shops. Happy hour, 2for1 drinks at the bar, can be very tempting! The restaurant is open and light and staff work quickly to keep food filled. The pool area is small for the size of the hotel, but very appealing. I think that the rooms need some refurbishment, as does the ‘tired’ lounge area, we had no hot water for three evenings during this visit and the corridor carpet was in desperate need of hoovering and cleaning on this visit (9th floor) The room did have a new TV from my last visit. The towels are large and complimentary toiletries a bonus.

Room tip: Morning sun on the front rooms. Afternoon sun on the rooms overlooking the pool.
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank RiverWear

Thank you for returning to Hotel Florida Spa and for finding time to write a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor.
We are pleased to know you overall had a nice and good value holiday and that you enjoyed your stay even if you considered certain aspects could have been better.
We have registered all your comments so we can work on it and hope you visit us again sometime soon. Kind regards.

Reviewed April 14, 2019

We have just got back from 2weeks holiday at the Florida our first time staying at this hotel.The weather was not good 1st week high winds second week only couple days of sunshine but didn't stop us enjoying ourselfs.We had a lovely room on the 7th floor facing the sea with a walk in shower,the room was cleaned every day ( somedays better than others) and bedding changed when we needed it to be also towels changed every day if needed.The sea view rooms get morning sun ,pool view rooms get afternoon sun.
The dining room was large and plenty of tables which weren't squashed together as in some hotels, we found the food to be very good something for everyone and a very good variety we never had a bad meal always hot and staff always attentive ,tables and empty plates were cleared away as soon as you had finished eating,the staff were very friendly and can speak in good English.
There was entertainment every evening some very good acts some not so good but something to suit everyone ( it is mostly older people who go to the hotel) the happy hour 8 till 9.30 so very good value and always seemed to be full.
The reception area and staff we found to be very helpful the only thing to let this hotel down are the chairs and settees to the right as there the first things you look at which in my opinion are way past there sell by date so please get some new ones as I think they let the hotel down( especially the red coloured one with the foam coming out the arms)
We didn't use the spa so can't comment on that or the indoor pool.
The hotel itself is in a easy reach of the town ,bus and train station with two supermarkets within 50 yards of one another and a great little cafe over the road were you can get a good sandwich ,cake and drink for a good price to eat in or take out.
We had a great stay at the hotel and would recommend.

Room tip: Sun in morning sea view,sun in afternoon pool view
Date of stay: March 2019
3  Thank Valerie B

Thank you for giving Hotel Florida Spa a try and for sharing your impressions with us via Trip Advisor.
We are very grateful for your great feedback and very pleased to know you had a fantastic first holiday with us.
We will take your suggestions on board and hope you count on us again in the future if you decide to return to Costa del Sol. Kind regards.

Reviewed April 13, 2019

Fabulous hotel staff where very helpful food was excellent more like 5 star only problem was not enough bar staff serving in the evening long wait to be served rooms where very clean reception staff where very helpful would definitely return to this hotel

Room tip: Top floor partially sea views
2  Thank pep1554

Thank you for coming on holiday to Hotel Florida Spa and for your excellent review. We are extremely happy to know you really like our hotel and had an excellent time.
We will take all your comments on board and hope you visit us again sometime soon. Kind regards.