Hotel Villa de Laredo
$171
$109
  • Pool
Myramar Fuengirola Hotel(Fuengirola)(Great Value!)
$67
Hotel Ilunion Fuengirola(Fuengirola)(Great Value!)
$83
$79
Official Site
$110
Hotels.com
Hotel IPV Palace & Spa(Fuengirola)(Great Value!)
$134
$127
Las Rampas(Fuengirola)(Great Value!)
$90
$88
  • Pool
Hotel Mainare Playa Fuengirola(Fuengirola)(Great Value!)
$76
TripAdvisor
Ronda 4(Fuengirola)
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsrooftop poola sea view roomcontinental breakfastbar area is smallupstairs corridorbusier areassea frontnights bed and breakfastsmall hoteltowels providedexcellent showerboiled eggslocation is excellentcold meatsstayed here for nightstowels were changed dailyfree safe in the room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked as an emergency and very satisfactory. Comfortable room average cont breakfast served by very helpful lady. Reasonable 3 star at a good early season rate, can't complain but nothing exceptional.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I just came home from a 6 days vacation at hotel Villa de Laredo, and I'm very positive about the stay.
The room and bathroom was nice and clean with a small terrace. The lounge and reception was nicely decorated and the restaurant was small and cosy. The rooftop pool was in a small area with only 8 sunbeds or so, but the view from there was unbelievable! The location of the hotel was also very positive. Only 10 minutes walk from the bus station and the beach was just on the opposite side of the road.
The staff was very polite and helpful, especially our "Spanish mama" (the lady that served the breakfast) very kind and smiling. So the service we had was positive.
The breakfast was good and there was a lot of different options, which was delicious.

Overall my stay there was really positive, and I would recommend it to everybody who are going to fuengirola, because the price for a stay is very cheap when you think about how much you get and how good it is.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Just returned from a 7 night stay in this hotel. Booked via Expedia and have to say that the price was reasonable.

Location wise a very comfortable 10 minute walk from Fuengirola rail station. There are some very good directions on a previous review.

I have tried to bullet point my review

First the good points :

- Location, the hotel is on the seafront and given we paid a little extra we got a sea-view room which offered a balcony with pleasant view as it says on the tin.
- We had an early flight out of Liverpool airport and despite arriving at the hotel late morning we were allowed into our room straight away which was ready. I appreciate that in high season this maybe would not be the case but given we were caught in a very heavy rain shower it was welcome!
-The reception area also has a very comfortable lounge area with leather suites where you can have a drink.
- The room itself was of a reasonable size and decor,surprisingly carpeted not tiled (did not appear to be vacuumed during the week)
- The bathroom was fairly large, bath had shower over it and the water was always hot.
- Towels were changed daily even if they were hung up as requested to save energy.
- Breakfast was continental style, basic but good and adequate for what it was plenty of bread, cheese , ham, cereals, yoghurts, etc. If its not to taste then plenty of options locally at very reasonable prices.
- Roof terrace area with pool very good. Not the biggest area with a max of 12 sunbeds. Nice view and very quiet. More about the pool below. Again in high season can imagine it being tough to get a space however no shade from the sun so possible in the height of summer wouldn't be the most comfortable.As it was we pretty much had it to ourselves.

Now the bad points:

- There was a safe in the room. I always put my valuables in the safe straight away and it was apparent that it was not working. I reported this literally within minutes of arriving. They explained that the handy man would not be there until the next morning. I reported this several times to reception over about the first 3 days suffice to say it was never sorted out. A bloke did pop out for a quick look muttered something in Spanish and left never to be seen again.This is simply not good enough. I did not have the crown jewels with me but like most people I had several hundred pounds in cash, I pods, mobile phones , passports, travel documents etc. So it was a case of carrying these around, to the beach, etc or stashing them in a room that despite me locking the balcony window every time I left the cleaners would always then leave unlocked. The initial offer of a change of room if the safe couldn't be repaired turned into one not being available.
- Our room had the faint smell of stale cigarette smoke all week that never went. I definitely did not request a smoking room.
- The swimming pool on the roof was dirty. It was cloudy and there was clearly muck at the bottom. Again appreciate its out of season but the pump was switched on and I would have risked a dip had it been clean
- Perhaps the most worrying aspect was that the fire escape in the hotel seemed to be blocked off on each floor by mattresses stood on crates. I'm really not sure what that was all about but that was on a number of floors and not sure how they got away with it.
- The staff were pretty miserable and didn't deal with the problem I had which is the ultimate test of any hotel. The safe issue was a major security problem for me in an area where crime and pickpocketing is hardly rare and there failure to put this right would prevent me from returning.

Overall the hotel has the potential to be very good if the management can iron out what are some significant shortcomings.

Just a few words on the resort itself. This is my first visit to Spain in 20 years. It is as most Costa resorts very British in parts and with dozens of bars and eateries geared towards our countrymen that and the obligatory half a dozen or more ' Irish' bars. If that floats your boat then fine. However, in among the many streets are plenty of very smart Spanish bars and they are very reasonably priced. I guess it offers something for everyone. Being late November it was very quiet and that suited us. Its not a place I would like to visit in high season. It is very well placed for visiting other resorts in the region with good bus and train links if you choose not to hire a care.

Fuengirola has a multitude of places to eat and drink. Among the best we visited were Palengeros Restaurant on the street of the same name. Aroma Restaurant( a little more expensive but plush with excellent food), Trattoria Europa on fish alley with a great waiter Rafa who was a top guy and Ku Damm a German eatery at the harbourside who do a traditional pork knuckle to die for ! Speaking of the harbour bars it is surprisingly still possible to get the 1E pint at times !

I hope this review is of use to you.

Room Tip: Sea view a worthwhile extra but with the managements attitude to security and safety best tip would be to seek somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank OhWhenTheSaints
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. My husband and i really enjoyed our stay. Paid a little extra for sea view room whitch was well worth it. Superb location and our wonderful views made it difficult to leave. We were attending a wedding at the Tamisa golf hotel. That seemed to be another lovely hotel. Food was mouth watering in its perfection. This was our first time in spain. Will be back and will definitely stay at hotel Laredo.

Room Tip: Sea view room and high floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ellenclare
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Booked this hotel on a whim as we were feeling a bit fed up as a result of the flooding in our part of Spain and as Fuengirola is only an hours drive from us it seemed a quick fix. When I first looked there were sea view rooms available but unbeknown to us it was a local Fiesta week and all the sea view rooms were snapped up so we ended up staying in the annex. On arrival there was street parking which is a bonus anwhere near the sea front on the Costa del Sol but looking at the annex we were doubtful that our room would be up to much as the back of the hotel overlooked the street behind. The owner spoke very little English but my Spanish is OK so we managed well, he gave us the key card and over we went. Sure enogh we were at the back of the annex but instead of overlooking another building it overlooked the opposite low houses and their gardens so great result.
True enough the breakfast was very 'Spanish' but as we live here that was OK by us. We asked for more pillow which were in the room within 20 minutes.
All in all excellent value for money, clean, central with very pleasant staff. Will definately go again soon.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid of the annexe it's reallyOK!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple