“A beautiful hotel with Excellent Standards”

Hotel IPV Palace & Spa
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Fuengirola
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We have just returned from a 10 night stay at Beatrice Palace and can not praise it sufficiently !
The building is very impressive with huge public areas, furnished very tastefully to an extremely high standard. Our room offered everything which we could need during our stay and was kept immaculately clean by polite and friendly room maids. Towels were changed daily and the bed once. The only sound which we could hear (through our open balcony door) at night was the tranquil sound of the sea's waves as they lapped the shore - BLISS !! How anyone could suggest they heard road noise beggars belief.
We met many members of staff during our stay, each one extremely friendly and with a genuine desire to offer assistance where ever they could. Language was no barrier as each one spoke at the very least a few English words and some were fluent. Indeed they put those of us who can only speak our native tongue to shame.
Breakfasts were amazing !! All tastes were catered for, even champagne to mix with the fresh orange juice if that was your fancy. I particularly adored the little pancakes and the gorgeous sticky croisssants.
The evening meals however did not really offer something for everyone. My husband does not like fish, and there was a lot of it ! One particular evening appeared to be a "fish night" as there was no alternative. On that particular evening I had a huge piece of fresh salmon with salad whilst my husband settled for chicken nuggets and chips from the children's choice.
A downside was the pool. Not so much the pool as the children within it !! There were no signs stating, No Jumping In or No Toys, consequently we were constantly dive bombed by fearless juniors leaping in off the sides and there were also some very dear children with powerful water pistols who were very indiscriminate with their aim (even spraying people with whom they were not familiar, on the sun beds.) I must admit that had they sprayed me whilst I was on my sun lounger I would have hastily confiscated their weapons.
The evening entertainment was quite alarming and could unfortunately be heard loud and clearly from our bedroom. On one particular evening the wailing was so painful that we could not quite believe that anyone could be willingly listening to the "artist" or how on Earth she managed to find herself hired to entertain the guests in the first place. On this occaision we closed the balcony door and were very grateful for the extremely efficient air conditioning.
As lovely as the hotel was, we will not return because the walk from hotel to resort was rather too far in the extreme heat (or even in the cool of the evening) and Fuengirola it's self was not really our "cup of tea". Having said this, the hotel was far too stylish to be anywhere other than away from the midst of the resort centre.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms had no privacy, neither had they a boundary to shield them from passers by.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chris W

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed from the 10th July 2013 for 3 nights, this was my third stay and second time as a solo traveller, as with my previous visit the hotel was excellent, lovely sea facing room, great breakfast and nice pool area, thoroughly recommend the place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank WorsleyGuy
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in juli 2013. After checking on the Internet that there were many happy people we decided to go and book here. The hotel service is top even better then the one you will ever get in a 5 star hotel. The rooms are big and clean. Only problem is that there are 3 buildings and if they don't put you in the main building you need to go down with the elevator then walk to another building and grab the elevator again. It wasn't so busy so it wasn't a problem. The only negative thing was the bed matress it was so hard that I couldn't sleep and therefore we will not stay more in this hotel . I would recommend everyone to this hotel If the don't mind a hard bed. Everything is near walking distance you have bars restaurant shopping mall

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Danny S
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed here in June with my sister and brother-in-law and parents. We were celebrating my parents Diamond Wedding. One of the key factors in choosing this hotel was that it had steps down into the pool for my mother who cannot walk very well. Nearly all the other hotels we liked had ladders only. The only issue with the pool was that the shallow end wasn't very shallow, my mother is only 4' 9" and not a good swimmer and she couldn't walk in the shallow end. The other issue is that there are very few parasols, there were plenty of sun beds but these were mainly all in the sun until afternoon. I moved a sun bed behind a bush one day so I could get my head in the shade but stick my legs out!!!
All rooms face the sea. There have been some comments about the filled in balconies but I preferred this as I could sit on it and still see the sea and headland at Benalmadena but had no one looking up at me. The air conditioning wasn't very good and the room never felt cold.
My parents requested a kettle at reception for making tea and coffee which was complimentary, the only issue was that the milk was not replenished every day.
The whole hotel was very clean and the rooms were serviced every day. The bathroom was spacious with a fantastic shower and the towels were large unlike many hotels I have stayed in. You can also get towels for the pool and beach with a 10 euro deposit which is refunded at the end of your stay. This was great as you could change them as often as you want so never had to lie on wet towels.
The hotel is very Spanish and this was another reason I really liked it, the staff and most of the people staying were Spanish.
I enjoyed the food, very good selection for breakfast with eggs, omelettes and pancakes freshly prepared. Lots of salads at night with freshly cooked fish or meat although not much choice of hot vegetables. There was always a pasta dish and lots of different sweets. If you wanted your food hotter then there was also a microwave.
It was too far for my parents to walk into Fuengirola so we got taxis which cost 8 euros one way.
We got the local bus to Mijas one day and there are buses to other places such as Ronda and Marbella. We also got the train to Malaga, which goes every 20 minutes and was 7 euros return.
We went for lunch to a small bar near the hotel on several days which had freshly prepared food and lovely people serving.
The campsite supermarket was opposite the hotel over the walkway over the main road, it wasn't massive but had most of the basics including water.
The entertainment in the hotel was hit and miss, mainly I prefer to miss it but my family like it so that was disappointing. One night the show was inside and the bar didn't open for quite a long time so we didn't go down early again.
I think the hotel lacks a nice, atmospheric bar. The piano bar was part of reception and very impersonal, also when he was playing you felt like you couldn't talk. It needs a smaller, dedicated bar and somewhere I would feel happy on my own and this wasn't there.
Overall though I loved the hotel and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor to avoid only seeing the pool from your room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Lynd50
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here in June 2013 and thoroughly loved it. The hotel staff were very helpful and could not do enough. The reception, dining rooms and public areas are very grand and relaxing at the same time. the pool area and the rooms are lovely too. We had a sea view which was superb.
Some reviews say that it is long way from Fuengirola, I would agree but rest assured the walk is easy (20-25mins) and there is a bus stop outside the hotel is you prefer. Breakfats was of good quality with fresh food, cereals and egg station. We have travelled to alot of places and this one is up there with a lot of them. Thanks

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank andrew1295
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was our second visit to the Beatriz Palace. The pool area is lovely & you can walk right onto the promenade & beach from the pool via a card-access gate. The hotel rooms all face the sea & so you get a lovely view. The rooms & public areas are kept very clean. You can walk to the restaurants & bars along the seafront in about 15 minutes or 20-25 minutes to the centre of the city. We have looked at other hotels in Fuengirola but would definitely return to the Beatriz. We looked forward to Alberto's wonderful omelettes every morning along with the excellent breakfast buffet! We chose to stay B&B as we prefer to explore the restaurants in Fuengirola in the evening & eat at the poolside bar for lunch. Fuengirola itself has plenty to offer with lots of shops, restaurants & bars. The Beatriz is a spanish hotel not little England.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea & have balcony
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank johnbanks252
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We arrived at the hotel and everything was good just very expensive like 5 euro for a coke. Then we went to the restaurant where more a less all the food was cold and hard. Most likely heated up from the night before. Then we went to the room where everything was loose and glass broke every time you put something on it. To top it off when we visited the pool we had bought some inflatables from the shop upstairs and wasn't allowed to use them but Spanish people where allowed to eat yogurt in the pool. All the holiday information was in Spanish and the waiters spoke it which was hard to understand being British. I recommend you don't stay here they are plenty over hotels along this beautiful coast line.

• Stayed: July 2013