Stayed here for a family get together and was disappointed from the minute I walked through the door. Let me assure you, I travel a lot from backpacking to 5 star hotels so I am not a snob or expecting too much but this place could have been so much better. In summary there were a number of factors that ruined my friend and I's stay. First problem was the smell, bit like a sewage had erupted, next was the the unfriendly check in who just passed us back and forth as we stood like lemmings in check in, next was the rediculous location of the lift to get to your room, the room itself was then old fashioned, drab and basic. The TV was something off ebay from the 1990's! My Dad's arrangement for his birthday at the hotel had somehow been lost in translation and forgotten and they'd run out of Cava!! In Spain?? Bearing in mind this is all on the first day!
The breakfast queue extended out the door and round the corner and no, I was not there 5 minutes before close, the food was straight out a tin or carton, such a shame from a country that grows amazing fruit. They ran out of must things and nobody seemed to care, perhaps they were short of staff?
I really can't say many good things about this hotel, I wish I could, oh maybe one - It's on the beach? On our last day we wanted to enjoy a bit of sunbathing on the beach (as the pool was green and all the sunbeds were taken) but to get a beach towel you couldn't just go to the pool guy and get one, no you had to trek all the way back up to reception, get a token and pay a deposit, then go and see the pool guy!!
One last thing, be prepared to wear a shower cap if you want to swim in the spa pool!! It's a good look, but rules are rules!!
I wish they would just improve the basics to make the stay more enjoyable. It's not much to ask.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel IPV Palace & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ipv Beatriz Palace Hotel And Spa
- Ipv Beatriz Palace Hotel Fuengirola
- Beatriz Palace Fuengirola
- Hotel Beatriz Fuengirola
- Beatriz Palace Spa
- Beatriz Palace Hotel
- Hotel IPV Palace & Spa Fuengirola, Costa Del Sol, Spain