We stayed at PYR for 10 days in August. We are a family of 5 with children aged 9, 7 and 3 years. Our apartment consisted of 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and although it was spacious it was dated and in serious need of renovation. The sofas were dirty; there was a microwave and two hobs but no toaster or grill. We had to eat around a small plastic table on the balcony, as there was no table in the apartment itself. When we arrived the floors were filthy and even though we asked the staff to clean them they were not much better following this! We had to buy our own dustpan and brush and there was no mop and bucket to be found. We had our own en suite with a shower but there was no hot water, the water did not drain from the shower and the toilet made a constant dripping noise. The air conditioning system would have been installed when they built it in the 70s and consequently made a racket but in some ways this was a godsend as it drowned all the noise of the drunkards walking along the front throughout the night. The air conditioning in the main room leaked and even after they came to fix it, it still leaked but the worst thing for me was the cockroaches we found running around the kitchen surfaces and drawers each evening – Yuk! On the balcony itself there was a concrete flowerpot that came half way up the balcony perimeter, this was full of soil that our 3 year old used as a sandpit and was a potential death threat for an adventurous toddler who likes to climb! The front door could not be locked from inside and had no other way of locking, this was a concern for security and as our 3 year old was asleep in the main room it would have been very easy for him to wake up and let himself out.
The swimming pool itself was of a good size, but beware of the steps leading to the toilet as I slipped and had to have 5 stitches in my arm. Speaking of toilets, these were not cleaned until about 5pm each day so visiting them was not a particularly pleasant experience. You weren’t allowed to reserve your sunbeds, which made a refreshing change, but you had to get your own umbrella and most of them were broken in one way or another. The area around the pool was tiled but had been artexed over the top of, this made it less slippery but if you did slip it would slash your legs. On one occasion our children were playing in the baby pool and someone had allowed their child to do a poo in it, the lifeguard said this was a regular occurrence. We also heard of two girls who had their bags stolen whilst they were by the pool.
We have stayed in many hotels and we are not ones to complain about things but I felt compelled to feedback on our experience at PYR as it has to be one of the worst hotels we have stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pyr Fuengirola is an attractive hotel located in the center of Fuengirola on the seafront and just in front of the harbor. In the city center. Around you will find numerous shops and places of entertainment. The building was constructed in 1975 and renovated in 2010 and offers a total of 220 bright and spacious rooms, including 33 apartments and 187 studios, ideal for both couples and families and equipped with tiled bathroom with toilet, telephone, satellite or cable TV, kitchenette, fridge, central heating and safety box. The staff itself is responsible for the final cleaning after each stay. Guest facilities include a stylish lobby with lifts and a reception desk open 24 hours a day that offers a currency exchange service. It also has a TV room and a games shop, a Cafe Bar with a cozy terrace with a fabulous breakfast buffet. Guests can also use WI-Fi available in all areas. The hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool (heated from November to March) and one for children, a bar in the pool area, sun loungers and parasols and a solarium. Local activities include water skiing, jet skiing, motor boating, diving, sailing, mountain biking, golf and mini golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Apartamentos Pyr Fuengirola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel-Apartamentos Pyr-Fuengirola Hotel Fuengirola
- Pyr Fuengirola
- Hotel Apartamentos Pyr Fuengirola Costa Del Sol, Spain