We stayed here over New Year. The PYR’s location is excellent being only a 5-minute walk from the train and bus stations, and the staff were welcoming, pleasant and helpful.
The room and en-suite were clean and spacious although a slightly larger food preparation area in the self-catering kitchen area would have been preferred. To the left, our 10th floor balcony had sea views whilst to the right there were mountain views. The hotel also had an excellent pool. There was some street noise but this wasn’t a particular problem.
The café was popular and we enjoyed late night hot drinks either there or in the adjacent comfortable and spacious lobby.
Highlights of the week were the annual Verdiales in Malaga and New Year’s Eve in the fine Mira India restaurant at the castle end of town which included bhangra dancing, and saris for the women. The single lowlight was the municipal New Year’s Eve Party which was blighted by local morons firing off deafeningly explosive caps in and around the square.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pyr Fuengirola is an attractive hotel located in the center of Fuengirola on the seafront and just in front of the harbor. In the city center. Around you will find numerous shops and places of entertainment. The building was constructed in 1975 and renovated in 2010 and offers a total of 220 bright and spacious rooms, including 33 apartments and 187 studios, ideal for both couples and families and equipped with tiled bathroom with toilet, telephone, satellite or cable TV, kitchenette, fridge, central heating and safety box. The staff itself is responsible for the final cleaning after each stay. Guest facilities include a stylish lobby with lifts and a reception desk open 24 hours a day that offers a currency exchange service. It also has a TV room and a games shop, a Cafe Bar with a cozy terrace with a fabulous breakfast buffet. Guests can also use WI-Fi available in all areas. The hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool (heated from November to March) and one for children, a bar in the pool area, sun loungers and parasols and a solarium. Local activities include water skiing, jet skiing, motor boating, diving, sailing, mountain biking, golf and mini golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Apartamentos Pyr Fuengirola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel-Apartamentos Pyr-Fuengirola Hotel Fuengirola
- Pyr Fuengirola
- Hotel Apartamentos Pyr Fuengirola Costa Del Sol, Spain