“Nothing Special here.”
Review of Las Rampas

Las Rampas
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Fuengirola
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Just returned after 10 days at the Las Rampas 26/07/2013.
The pool is the biggest disappointment being quite small and most of the bedchairs broken and twisted (see photos). 12 new ones arrived whist on our stay but they were light and flimsy and not comfortable at all. The Pool is in the shade until around lunchtime (about 12.30 - 1pm). Although described as a rooftop pool it is not as there are 7 stories of apartments above it. It is at the top of Hotel Las Rampas however. The 7 stories of apartments also have access to the Pool and frequently do use it. There is no Bar or Snacks or Food available at the Pool and it is not permissable to bring your own Food. A most bizarre rule. No ball games in the Pool either!
The rooms, (ours stank of mothballs) were fine with free Air Con included. However there are only 8 rooms with any sort of balcony. 4 of these were adjacent to the public walkway (see photos) and the other 4 had awful views and a solid 5ft high wall around so you had to stand to see over it.
Breakfast was ok nothing special with only 3 fruits available (Apples, Oranges or Kiwi). Eggs were always overcooked and hard fried. Processed cold meat and cheeses available and preferred to the bacon. Beans were cold. But it was just about ok.
Staff at Hotel were the best thing. All were polite, friendly and helpful. Reception staff were the best i've ever met in Spain.
Rooms were cleaned daily with new towels if required.
It was a very long walk to our room (300 footsteps) but our room was one of the best with a balcony. All the others have no where to sit out or dry their towels. Rooms 137 - 143 are the best rooms but a very long walk from reception.
Location of Hotel Las Rampas is perfect though and situated in the Centre of resort close to the Bus and Train station and also very close to beach.

2  Thank grahamtravels

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Booked as a package from "On The Beach". Arrived on the sunday when Andy won Wimbledon so didnt see much of the place the first day due to celebrating a great SCOTTISH win.
The hotel is nicely placed close to shops, pubs, restaurants,beach,train and bus stations.
The whole hotel is sparklingly clean, the staff very friendly and helpful, the food was plentiful if not spectacular, we were half board but had dinner only twice I think as there are some super places close by providing a great choice of cuisine from all over the world. Our room was cleaned and tidied every day. It had a small fridge and super aircon. We went on a daytrip organised by the hotel and when we went to book it the guy on reception was ultra helpful and didnt even have to ask us our room number, he knew which room was ours. Great place, would recommend to anyone going to Costa del Sol, we would certainly go back

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Just back from third stay here and the hotel is as good as ever in terms of comfort. However the smell of mothballs this time was overpowering and I had to go through a bit of a scene with reception. This involves the bill being charged in sterling rather than euros. I had already paid and the later noticed it had been charged in sterling so off I popped to reception to sort it out. The guy I spoke to seemed friendly enough but he had to seek advice from his co worker, this other guy obviously understood but he shook his head and wasn't going to help. When I made it clear I wanted to be charged in the currency I had been quoted and I wasn't going to move any time soon they relented and sorted it out; saving me almost £10. Disappointing end and warrants them losing at least a star from me.

Room Tip: Ask for one near the water feature.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jim98
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Great location, close to beach, bars and restaurants. Very clean hotel and very good value. Would go back again. One thing, the car park is 300 meters away and not at the hotel. Breakfast is ok, nothing spectacular but will do the trick

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Downlacala
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Right guys went back to this super small hotel again only this time rented privately an apartment.
Hotel pool and areas were fab clean and spotless .Our apartment however was not when we arrived ,but once I had cleaned it from top to bottom it was fine ,but it was a throw back from the 70 ,s decor wise, it needed updated and to use the washing machine I had to put on a rubber glove as I kept getting a shock .ANYWAY apart from this it was very large and spacious and had a the convenience of a home with a very large balcony which lead onto the spotless pool area.
I would rent again here but not this apartment as there were others available at a better price.The area itself was great plenty of places to eat and drink two minutes walk away and the train track was about a five minute walk which took you right along the coast to others resorts and the town of Malaga My hubby even went back to the gym that he used the last time we were here which was in the Las Rampas area downstairs from the hotel .There was plenty for children to do with the zoo, 2 ,water parks,gokarting all which you could walk too.Beach hire of boats ,surf boards and the usual banana rides and para-sailing .In all a great holiday beach ,bars,tapas ,sun and sea

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank a.miller653
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Good 3 star hotel - safe and good location.

Excellent for families. Not the newest of hotels but nevertheless less, would be a good choice in the area. Breakfast is particularly good with wide selection of food and also plenty of space to eat it!

1  Thank Paul B B
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had to go to Fuengirola on business at the last minute and needed somewhere central for two nights. I found this hotel on TripAdvisor and have to say that it ticked virtually all the boxes for me, despite only having a 3 star rating.

The hotel is well placed, a street back from the bustle of the seafront, and is in a relatively quiet position. Reception staff were extremely pleasant and helpful and although I never saw any cleaning staff, they deserve medals for their efforts - the place was absolutely spotless and I have stayed at many a 4 star or 5 star which would do well to emulate that level of cleanliness.

The public areas are very attractive and well appointed and there is free wifi in the reception area and lounge. I went up to see the pool area which looked very nice and clean as well. My single room was basic, but had everything I needed for my short stay. Plenty of wardrobe and drawer space, comfortable bed, hairdryer and plenty of towels. No minibar or tea making items, but that wasn't a problem for me.

My only slightly negative comment would be that my room was very centrally placed and it seemed that virtually everyone had to go past my door to get to their room. The Spaniards, in particular, did this very noisily at 1.30 in the morning, and the tiled corridors and external crazy-paved walkways meant that the noise from cases being wheeled along - at all hours - was thunderous! For two days I could put up with it, but had I been staying longer, I would have had to ask for a quieter room.

The hotel is just a few minutes walk from the bus and train stations, and the sea front where there is a huge variety of bars and restaurants.

A pleasant stay in a very pleasant hotel, and I could certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: Avoid single room 207 if you want peace and quiet!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business