“Lovely friendly authentic Spanish hotel”
Review of Las Rampas

Las Rampas
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Fuengirola
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Have stopped at Las Rampas for the past 5 years for 4 nights in mid May. The hotel is spotless, rooms spacious, the staff are extremely helpful especially the lovely man on reception during the day. We wanted to see a Flamenco show and he rang diffferent venues to find out all the details. When we decided where we wanted to go he booked it all and advised about taxis and prices, nothing was too much trouble. It is a small hotel but has traditional decor and beautiful flowers everywhere. Is only 5 mins walk to the beach and popular bars and good restaurants. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank Wavysue

Reviewed May 12, 2012

just came back from this hotel today the set-up is a bit weird because its over a small shopping complex and you have to enter the reception via two lifts, there are stairs but you can only exit them because it locks from the inside, but what a smart gaff, very clean, very nice staff and quite cheap. we stayed there as a party of ten males using it as a base for the many golf course,s in the area and i would go back it,s close to the beach and lots of restaurants and bar,s i enjoyed it

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank roy c
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My friend and I booked a week away in Las Rampas Hotel last minute for a week away. I had read the reviews and was open eyed about what to expect.
The hotel is set amoung a shopping centre. It is spotlessly clean and the maids come and clean everyday and I could not fault the cleanliness. The staff are fantastic and very friendly and very helpful to me and my friend.
The pool area is a real sun trap and the sun loungers were fine - the water in the pool was Baltic.
The only thing I would say was the noise from the bar below in las rampas arena called Baracas was very noisy at the weekend with people roaring and shouting and it did keep me awake this did annoy me a lot.
I would have liked to have had a fridge in the hotel room as I think this is important for water when we are away.
But all in all an excellent hotel in an excellent location.
I wouldnt recomend it to families for the noise from the bar in las rampas arena at the weekends.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank IrelandCia
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Just back from 4 night golfing trip as part of a group of 12. I rated this hotel as very good because while it has some negatives it punches well above its weight when you factor in the cost. £25 per night per person sharing with breakfast. The hotel is central to the bars and restaurants even though from the outside it does not look like much because it is stuck above Dunnes Stores. The rooms are basic but very clean, with maids round every morning to do the beds and provide clean towles. I have read some reports about no fridges and not enough sockets, but please, it is cheap and cheerful.

The reception staff were friendly and helpful when I needed to speak to them. The only negative is the noise in the hallways especially near reception. It isn't that the guest are any more noisy than in other hotels, it is because everything is tiled all noise is amplfied especially early in the morning. Also there are no rooms with balconies.

Overall this place is good spot if you want somewhere cheap and clean to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the central area and reception.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank takeabreak321
Reviewed April 14, 2012

First of all this motel is on the third floor of a shopping complex. It is interesting, because the whole place is elevated and open air. All the rooms open up to exterior corridors, but because of the self contained nature of the place it works well. There is wifi available in common areas.

The small pool area is nice and there are many little secluded areas with attractive plants and decor.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The hallway floors are all tiled. The tile doesn't absorb noise well. I wouldn't say the place is quiet. There are quite a few bars located nearby and it feels like people are partying next to the room. Although that didn't bother me that much.

I liked the location and the front desk was friendly.

They do have a buffet for breakfast and dinner. The food is ok. The sangria is terrible.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My second time to Fuengirola, last time we stayed in Las Piramides which seems about 30 years older than Las Rampas. On first glance it is not what you expect as it based up a side street but the the hotel is immaculate and very modern whilst remaining Spanish. The downside was the noise of people with suitcases, I zoned out, my wife struggled a bit more but on the whole I would recommend this hotel and will defo book again when I go back.

Room Tip: We had room 312 which was ideal
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DE092826872
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a very good hotel. Situated 2 blocks South of the train station, (which runs direct from the airport), and 1 block south of the central bus station. It is fairly central in a very busy town. We went in March so weren't on a beach holiday. This is ideal for shops bars and restaurants, also excursions and other sightseeing. But I think it would be a bit of a walk to the beach, as the marina runs along the part of coast nearest the hotel.
Room was a decent size, and clean. Beds seemed a bit on the firm side but surprisingly comfy.
All rooms seem to be arranged around a central courtyard of shops accessible to members of the public so this was not the most quiet room I have stayed in. Also the beautiful tiled floor meant that luggage with wheels on echoed.
As I said we stayed in March and I think the price reflected that. We paid £128 for 3 nights B&B. Overall though thoroughly enjoyed

Room Tip: Mention that you require as much peace and quiet as possible.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple