“great for a break”

Myramar Fuengirola Hotel
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Fuengirola
Reviewed November 6, 2012

we were over there for a wedding the hotel was great nice and friendly staff.resteraunt was spotlesly clean as where the rooms .it was very quiet as we went just out of season but over the road was a shoppers paradise and a bus stop outside the hotel for the short journey into the town.going back again deffo.

2  Thank sconhead
comercialhotel, sales department at Myramar Fuengirola Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your kind opinion about our hotel.
We hope to see you soon.
Best regards from Myramar Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Myramar Fuengirola Hotel

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Just got back from a week here with hubby and two grandchildren nov 4th. Travelled with Thomsons on a self catering holiday. It was no holiday. Went to check-in and had 100euros to pay at the desk before we could have the key. hotel policy we were told but had not been informed of this before hand. Appartment was clean and towels changed every day but the sofa beds were terrible every time you turned over or moved they creaked so much you could hear it in the bedroom.Nowhere at all for the kids to play inside when it was raining not child friendly and the outside area around the pool was chained off because the pools were closed. Indoor pool to deep for the kids to play, had to wear swimming caps 4 euro each then floats 5 euro each. At night absolutely nothing. how many times can you walk round the shopping centre opposite to fill the nights in. Never wrote a review before but felt compelled to warn people with kids to stay away. It's a health centre for the locals not a holiday hotel for kids to have fun.

Room Tip: only tip i can give if you have kids stay away
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank polly351
comercialhotel, sales department at Myramar Fuengirola Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your stay in Fuengirola, as well as for taking the time to post your experience on Tripadvisor. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; however I hope you can understand that November for us is already low season and we don´t have our outside swimming pool open. Our entertainment team works only until end of October.
We hope to see you again, maybe in a different season where you will enjoy better our facilities.
Best regards,

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is great. Nice out area with 2 swimmingpools, bar and resturant. The bar is closed of season but you can buy it all from the resturant.

There is crap/no internet on the day time and evening. But from 2am-8am its great!

So if you are doing school work, or need internet at general, good luck.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank sirtommen
comercialhotel, sales department at Myramar Fuengirola Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for sharing your kind opinion in Tripadvisor.
I am very sorry to know that internet didn´t work perfectly during your stay.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

this hotel is perfectly located, next to a shopping mall, has an outdoor and an indoor pool, the restaurant is beautifully decorated, the service is flawless, the food is delicious! we were there as a family, will definitely go back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
comercialhotel, sales department at Myramar Fuengirola Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind word and we hope to see you soon in our hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Hi ,

Was in this hotel at the beginning of Sept and read all the reviews good and bad for it. I was totally impressed. I went with my husband, new born baby and a 4 year old son. Room was very clean and cleaned every day.

We had breakfast every morning which included everything (fry-bacon, eggs, sausages), breads, teas, coffees, juice, water, sweet cakes, cold salad, cheeses, cereals etc.. all excellent.

Lidl 5 mins walk and was great to stock up for the fridge.

Plenty of sun loungers with parasols and it was quiet at this time so plenty of selections.

Life guards were brilliant. Eyes were never taken off the pool and managers came out to give breaks to guards and their shifts changed periodically.

Reception staff always helpful. Martha was excellent at arranging activities during the day only we never got to make it down to the quiz and bingo at night due our small kids that went to bed early. Matha a lovely people person. Credit to you and you always remembered the children's names.

John, the manager on the ball and an excellent hotel manager. He help bring in my shopping from taxi all the way to the room.

Only recommendation was the food in the bar wasn't great. Didn't taste very fresh and were a bit soggy. Pizzas were lovely though.

Thanks for a lovely stay and would definately go back again

Room Tip: poolview rooms for a bit of sun
1  Thank Michelle K
comercialhotel, sales department at Myramar Fuengirola Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you on behalf of all the Myramar hotel staff for your feedback.

We are proud to know that you had a good stay with us and I am delighted with your comments about the staff, do not hesitate that I will share them with the entire team.

We hope to see you soon.

Best regards from Costa del Sol.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Returned from Myramar Beach Hotel on 28th September following a weeks stay. I would definately recommend this hotel, our room was spotless and the maids were in daily cleaning and replenishing our towels. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately we didnt get a pool view and faced the tennis courts but it was still enjoyable sitting out on our good sized balcony. The shopping mall across the road was brilliant, especially due to the rain we had the last couple of days, it kept us entertained!! I thought the price of the alcohol in the hotel was very reasonable, just over 2 euros for a large glass of wine and the Happy Hour between 5-6pm was excellent, two for one on all drinks excluding bottled beers and cocktails. I was also impressed with the courtesy room they had including shower cubicles and hairdryers. The only negative for us what that there was only the small bar open and no entertainment but then we did expect that due to the time of year we went away but a taxi ride to Fuengirola never cost us more than 7 euros. I would definately return to this hotel again!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
comercialhotel, sales department at Myramar Fuengirola Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you in name of all the Myramar hotel staff for your feedback. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.
We hope to see you soon!!
Kind regards

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Returned on 23 September 2012 following a week's stay at Hotel Myramar.

Apartment was spotlessly clean with bins and towels changed daily. The pool area is excellent. However, as I was there off season, I'm not sure how busy the area would be in high season but there appeared to be plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas.

The main pool bar/restaurant closed the day I arrived which was a little disappointing but the smaller bar, which was more than adequate, was still open and the lovely outdoor seating area of the larger bar could still be used.

I am a bit miffed by so many people saying the hotel is a bit far out. The 'strip' type area along the seafront is about 15 minutes walk and the lovely, more upmarket Plaza de Constitucion (with gorgeous tapas bars and restaurants - I highly recommend) is about 10 minutes walk over the main bridge. Plus you have a massive shopping centre with fast food, go karting, cinema and god knows what else right on your doorstep, if that's the kind of thing you're after. Anyhow, the taxi rank is over the road at the shopping centre and a cab costs from 6 to 9 Euros (depending on time of day) to get to either.

My only criticism would be that we stayed at the hotel to eat one evening, a buffet which is open from 7.30pm to 10.30pm. We arrived at 8.30pm and the food was definitely cold - a shame as the quality of the food was in my opinion good.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful and patiently tried to help me learn a bit more Spanish. I would like to say to the Hotel Management that I feel your staff are a credit to the hotel and work very hard for you.

I was in block 3 (I think with the tennis courts behind) which gets the last of the sun each day should you want to cling to the last of it every day!

I would recommend this hotel for those who love to laze by the pool and like a bit of low key nightlife (restaurants/bars/street theatre) in the evenings. There are also the opportunities to go to Tangiers and Gibraltar (I did the latter and it is about 2 hours drive there and back)

Finally, I would like to add that the comments I have read in other reviews regarding sewerage smells: this is not sewerage but is actually the temporary smell from the tidal river behind the hotel. Also did not see ANY rats (saw one lovely cat though!)

2  Thank Siofranna

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your opinion in Tripadvisor, and your kind comments about the staff and the hotel.
We hope to see you soon.

Best regards from Myramar Hotel.